The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Mar 8, 2009.

1. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Isnt there a limit too how many expansions they are allowed to release, in relation to achievements? I think I read it on the Fallout Wiki somewhere.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Good news! I want these DLC's on dvd. I don't have credit card, cant pay with PayPal and hate that Games for Windows Live so there was only one option... :(

I do have Fallout3 Collectors Edition.

I hope that these DLC's wont be as buggy as those were when those were released, hell, nothing but problems.

Passed Broken Steel today, was fun, but had many crashes, even with 1.5 patch installed.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Wrong thread sorry

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I STILL can't walk past daddy in the second scene without crashing...

5. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I have what I think is an issue, but it may just be me. Remember in the days when you could choose 16bit colour and 32bit colour in the graphics options. I used to remember smoke effects in 16bit used to have little dots in them. On Fallout 3, when firing a gun and looking at the dust it does a similar thing. The smoke has dots, as if its in 16bit colour. Ive tried to get a screenshot but none of them capture what I want. I can only see it while playing in real time. Is it me or is it a bug in my options or graphics drivers etc. Im on 182.08 for now.

6. pxmm

pxmm Member

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    Try turning off Transparency antialiasing in the fallout launcher. Fallout uses a strange dithering process to antialias transparent textures but it makes "dots" like you say.

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I grabbed all the DLC's in the same manner through uTorrent.

I liked em all and they only crashed 2 times ! time in the pitt and ! time in Broken steel.

Isn't there 1 more rumored?

Edit: I see there are 2 more coming..godd stuff.

I am an idiot and just figured out I can change my companions armor.

Had charom in the hellfire armor and me in the armor you get at the end of anchorage.

I got the bug where the armor does not deplete.

And the feral ghoul reavers are way to damn hard.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    For the new high-level enemies in "Broken Steel" I'd rate them like this.

Overlord (Basically a improved super mutant master with heavy weapons.)
    Hellfire trooper (More enclave soldiers wear the armor but the gun is deadly.)
    Ghoul Reaver (Tons of health plus grenade ability and melee, dangerous)
    Albino Radscorpion (Melee only but tons of health and massive damage.)

Ofcourse nothing beats Anchorage's Chinese general Jingwei as his level is PCLevel*10 so at the new level 30 he would be level 300 with all abilities/skills high and thousands of HP. :D
    (Bit of save/reload and dialogue and he goes down via persuation but still.)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/General_Jingwei

9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    There is a bug with the ghoul reavers where you see them shaking ultra fast and during that period they are invinceable.

I have like 18 weapons in my inventory and I depleted 7 (needed to get repaired) of them on 1 reaver and he still killed my partner,I though it was bullshat.

10. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Ok, well let me begin by saying I hope this will get read - as I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I've recently decided to pick Fallout 3 back up and was curious if anyone could give me a run down on MUST download MODs. I've search through a little and ran across this. Any others - such as textures that could be recommended?

Huge thanks! :)

11. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Try the HD Texture Pack. Makes the world look a little more detailed.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That one is made of several different mods all quickly combined together, better to browse Fallout3Nexus and download them individually and at their latest versions. :)
    (Several other packs have since been released as well.)

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    There are several high res texture packs, some sucked so bad it was clear the modders had little idea what they were doing. Not only were these accompanied by massive performance hits (expected) but looked quite bland.

Yet other texture packs were absolutely incredible, I really wasnt expecting how good they made the game look, and with not much of a performance penalty either. The tex mods by NeilMc_NMC rocked! Especially his Megaton, Rivet City and terrain texture packs. Really awesome. Offered in different res packs (100, 200 and 400% resolutions). The 200% (1024x1024) were sufficient for me and looked fantastic. You guys should give them a try.

14. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Thanks everyone!

Currently I'm trying to replace the hair and seem to be having some problems. :wanker:

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    broken steel rocks .
    i was a bit scared at first the game ended with usual endgame movie (where you good or bad eg) and im thinkin hang on wheres my DLC, wheres broken steel? then the new stuff starts and im like oh, and it gets better. at the end of original game i had companion charon and i had the option of sending him in to start the purifier, so when i woke up in broken steel in the med room at citadel- image my surprise to find charon standing there waiting for me!! i spoke to him as usual and he continued to be my companion!

oh and heres the best mod --- growlfs body replacer ---find it at www.falloutnexus.com

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Growlf is a bit "cartoony" in my opinion with the body shape, Fantasy Figures has a bit better overall look and texturing albeit it's not very supported as most people use Type 3 / Type V (Variation of Type 3) for custom clothes and similar, BABE was pretty good as well but is also a bit "sexified" and there's a few others that haven't been mentioned.
    (There's also several texture packs for the defaul bodies and heads, some are quite good whereas others, in my opinion that is, use too much makeup and other drastic changes to alter the faces.)

For male bodies I use a variation of Robert's converted Oblivion v5 beta body and Breeze's custom body. (Main body is Robert but most armor/clothes were adapted to Breeze's as it's a variation of the default body.)

I don't really use any custom items or weapons at the moment but there are several interesting projects, most unfortunately just steal and rip content from others but it's like that in other titles as well such as Oblivion (Garry Mod is pretty big with this, even rip stuff from console titles and other games.)

(For Fallout 3 I've seen everything from FPSBanana weapons, Oblivion models and even modder content such as weapons or bodies, Stalker was also ripped a bit but that's legally OK as far as the developers are concerned albeit several custom weapons for Stalker/CS have also been ported and that's not really OK unless the authors agreed with it.)

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti
    I think the Growlf body is one of the uglier bodymods (In Fallout3 ánd Oblivion). I've used a few, but the Type3/Cali body is the best imho. Type V is a good second.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  19. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    the exact name of mod is " GrowlfsSexyBodyReplacer" yes it does make certain femles in-game naked or partially naked with no underware, and the groin and boobs are highly detailed. just let it replace of merge anything it needs to and looks great.

basically turns fallout3 into a R18+ game

the only other 2 i use is xrepair5 (lets you repair weapons with scrap metal and similar weapons) and Football NUKES( nukes that you throw like grenade - very cool)

oh and check out the minigun that shoots nukes using 5mm ammo and also the nuke sniper rifle

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  20. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

i never used any others only the growlfsexy one so it must greatly improved than what you used cause it looks totally awesome now