The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I really want Broken Steel but my LIVE doesn't work and I really want to support Bethesda by buying it but the LIVE interface is being stupid. I think I have no other choice than to get it by "other" means until it comes out on a CD and then I'll buy it that way.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Seems some people have managed to get "Broken Steel" to download correctly, there's also a fix available (Mod) that allows the "Quantum chemist" perk (Or what it was called) to also recognize ice cold nuka cola.

http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6139

3. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    I take it Broken Steel ain't out in the UK then becuase i can't see it on Live?

4. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    It was available but removed from the GFWL Market Place due to the corrupt download.

I am going to wait for the hard copy DLC disc, I need a break from FO3 anyhow (I say that but then I spot a new MOD that takes my fancy and play it again LOL).

5. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I'm so so so sorry Bethesda, if only you didn't use the Live interface for DLC.

6. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Broken Steel seems a little broken for me ( but that's probably me causing it).
    Before adding the dlc I was 100 in all my stats..
    Now with Broken Steels added 10 level ups, but if my stats are all 100 I can't get past the Assign skill points screen (unless I use the console to lower stats before leveling up)..
    I gather this is because I'm using the older 1.0.0.15 exe with fmm & fose, and fake patch 1.4.0.6 and unofficial patch and RemapWaterType.esp?
    Apart from that issue the dlc seems to be working pretty well so far and I've had no crashes after 4 hours of straight playing which is unusual.
    Vats work with perks, no lagging vats, no hdr flickering skies in sli.
    I really don't want use the 1.5 patch again as it breaks my game more then fix it.
    1.5 makes hdr lighting in sli flicker like crazy and vats lags annoyingly and game seems to ctd at a minimal of once an hour (more like 3~5 times an hour in places).

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The first actual patch (1.1.x not 1.0.x.15 which only fixes a crash-on-exit issue.) solved this by making the "continue" button always available, there's a mod for that on TesNexus as well if you don't want to use that entire patch. (Vats issues and so on, unsure why the FakePatch didn't solve it though but perhaps it's not part of what it fixes, it's a XML change in a menu screen so it's part of the files in the BSA archives and not the main Fallout3.bsa or EXE file.)

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    od. i dont have any issues with 1.5 patch. iam on STEAM. and i gt the all addons in others way..all works like a charm....the only ISSUE that bothers me, iam using too many MODS, infact they seems easly to uninstall and continue my save game but, didnt enter the addon LANDS but received the RADIO signals u know..Well, BROKEN STEEL doesnt bring any radio signal but LVL cap increased to 30, i saw it as message. so its working too.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=986847

Some of the problems with 1.5, rather subtle but still noticeable, Bethesda are looking into things but for all I know it could take months before the next patch is released. (Barring that "Outlook point" rumor about a 4th DLC which would mean one more patch but it might also be just a few achievement addons.)

Crashes now and then but other than that I haven't had much of a problem with the game after fine tuning things a bit via INI editing and FOSE (Mainly to get rid of LIVE without altering existing files and so on.)

10. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I am also downloading
    Hope it works.

11. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I just installed Broken Steel, and the fact that the level increased from 20 to 30 was a nice surprise for me!!!

I will stick for a long time with this game, and i want to say that Bethesda is offering a nice support for the title.

12. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Working my way through The Pitt now and will then move onto Broken Steel. Lets see what Level 30 brings for my stealthy sneaky melee wielding super heroine :D.

13. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    To do broken steel quest do I need to complete the main quest? Right now I am in ... dont remember the name of the quest, but is the one that follows after you have fawkes as a partner.

14. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes. Broken Steel is supposed to start right after the end of the main quest. It let's also permit lvl over 20 and you can also wander around to finish multiples side quests.

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    `im playing Broken steel now... love this game sooooo much to do....lol... been playing for a good whilenow and i only got my dog the other day :)....ahhhh dogmeat

16. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    The good thing about broken steel is I can get all my special to 10.
    I started a fresh game and got myself leveled to 30 and I haven't even started to look for dad...lol

The level 30 perk "Almost Perfect Special" jumps all special to 9..
    After I hit level 30 and used the perk I then went and got all the special bobble heads.. w00t.
    So now I roam the map with all stats at 100 and special all at 10 :)
    Enclave look out, here I come!... buwahaha

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    So it's the second week of of the month and Tuesday which usually means Microsoft releases new updates and fixes, found a fix to LIVE uploaded when I did a search via Vista's updater or what to call it.

Will see if I can find more details about it and what it does, might help for those who use it. :)

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Hooray :D. The Pitt was my favouraite and I am currently on 1290 out of 1350 gamer points. Looking forward to these!

20. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Very Nice! I will play this game forever as long as there is new content being released... lol