The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Mar 8, 2009.

1. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Thanks for posting. I like that scoped/ silenced automatic weapon, and the overall feel of this DLC.

Still, the whole GFWL thing - especially that you first have to buy 25% more GFWL points than the price of the DLC (I'm assuming it works the same as operation anchorage) - continues to bug me. Not a ton of money, granted, but it still stinks.:thumbdown Like, a lot:biggun:

I'm certainly more enticed by the Pitt than I was by Operation Anchorage. But before I would buy I'd want to at least confirm that I can download the DLC to both my desktop and my lappy from 1 purchase through GFWL. (since I have my steam acct, and FO3, loaded on each machine.) Been searchin' for the answer to that Q. but comin' up short.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I haven't tried but the Games for Windows LIVE client is kinda like MSN Messenger and works by entering your LIVE account username and password which brings up your profile and the "marketplace" screen.

I'd assume that by owning content on a specific account any computer you use that account on has access to it albeit you might need to sign in and re-download it. :)
    (Could also use the above steps to move the DLC from various computers manually and it'll work just fine in LIVE seeing as the new update already added support for the achievements - easily verified by the AddAchievement console command by the way, 01 to 50 being the original game, 51 to 55 being Anchorage and 56 to 59 being Pitt so "AddAchievement 59" would give access to the last Pitt achievement.)

3. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    It seems that I'll never get to play this game. :(
    I'm having huge performance issues where the framerate drops frequently to 20's and makes it impossible to enjoy it. Was the same way on my old graphics card and I had since then forgot about this game but I thought I should try it again when I recieved my new one. Wasn't much better. :(

Is this a known issue? I think my pc should be good enough to enjoy this game, maybe should try lowering the settings a bit.

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390

5. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm thinkin' it wouldn't make much sense to limit downlads to another computer. I'm not too thrilled about having to go through GFWL, but the Pitt looks good enough that I think I'll likely be taking the plunge:)

6. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR
    I'm running a couple of mods now. All very impressive.

"welcome to the wastelands" makes the game a lot harder, less stimpacks, more reliance on food, gives the real feeling of actually being in the wasteland. Its great to run out of ammo mid fight and have to change tactic drastically.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=388

x100 new songs for Galaxy in the same era!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418

and my favourite the weather overhall!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2672

check out these screenies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    ^^ you need to download the mod that makes that big ugly hud look alot smaller....and alot better....you will be glad you did.

8. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR

Do you have the link for it? :)

9. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Been playing now for around a week. Mostly loving it but have found one thing that annoyed me.

***Possible minor spoiler for anyone who is yet to start playing***

I had been doing the book research missions and had also met the young kid at the super duper mart and cleared out the fire ants (i think that mission is called those or others or something like that). I had not even begun to do the first of the main missions (following his footsteps i believe it's called) other than speaking to Moriarty.
    Anyway the lass writing the book needed me to find out the history of Rivett City. The lad with the fire ants needed a home and spoke of a relation living in Rivett City. Cool I thought kill 2 birds with one stone and off I trot. Once there I spoke to the head of science and some dialouge about my dad apperars and the message telling me following his footsteps has been completed! I had not been to Galaxy news radio and spoken to The dog geezer at all. I felt a bit cheated. Why did the game allow me to discuss stuff I had no idea about. Is this a trend throughout the game?? I hope not.
    Lucky for me I had a save at the point I discovered Rivett city and I reloaded and headed to GNR and played that part for myself. Great battle I had too.

Sorry for the long post. Enjoying the game though.
    Regards to all, Dave.

10. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    This is the problem with giving you an open world. Wouldn't it be kinda silly for you to go to this person in Rivet City, have them say they haven't seen your dad, then go to GNR and after that, they've suddenly talked to him? I mean...I understand your point, but as I said, this is part of a basic problem with open world games. You could do it in Fallout 1 and 2, if its any consolation.

11. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR

I did this but you can still go to GNR and do the galaxy mission no no worries :)

12. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I do get the open world thang and yes your right about the haven't seen and now they have scenario but I would of thought avoid the dialouge option altogether would be best as my character had his lead to follow. I mean I don't get the option of speaking about my dad with all characters regardless so leave it out untill a certain trigger event should not be too hard.
    Anyhow just a minor thang after all.

13. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  14. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Guys my dog died. Is there a way I can revive him?

Oh and the leader of the Regulator HQ ran out of her building because the Brahmin outside were getting attacked by radscorpions. She ran out just as I was about to give her like 50+ fingers! How can I find her? She was hauling ass to the east but I had to stop and kill something. I hope she didn't die. :(

15. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Thans for the heads up.
    I reverted back to the v1.0.0.15 patch as via the link you provided.
    The older patch doesn't have the annoying lag using vats.
    As well I don't get the flickering sky out in the waste lands.
    Hdr + Sli + v1.1.0.35 and or v1.4.0.6 = flickering sky & lagging perk bugged vats for me.
    All good now so far even with the DLC content and multiple mods.. w00t.
    The only thing I'm missing is using my assigned pipboy key to exit my pipboy.

Edit: And I thought the v1.1.0.35 patch was supposed to resolve sli issues.. phhtt
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    "The Pitt" is now available via LIVE :)
    (LIVE marketplace that is, 800 MS points and a bit over 300 MB.)

EDIT: Various information and general opinions via the official forums.
    http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showforum=52

EDIT: Downloaded, LIVE said 300 MB but the main BSA file is 600 MB with the sound BSA being 25 MB and the ESM itself is 8 MB. :p
    (Currently tweaking some things for a smoother playing experience so nothing about the content itself yet.)

EDIT: Checked it in the editor and a few mod programs, not much in terms of new weapons/armor and such but the actual gameplay should be fun.

EDIT: Some stuff found via the "Geck" editor and other tools.

SPOILER!!!

Weapons:
    Infiltrator rifle, it's a silenced, scoped assault rifle and black.
    AutoAxe which is kinda like a bigger and deadlier ripper knife.
    (Some other stuff are quest and NPC related such as a 32-pistol, laser rifle and 44 magnum and the two above weapons have unique variants.)

Armor:
    There's two tattered worker/slave outfits consisting mostly of rags and straps.
    Also six or so raider armor that are basically variants from existing gear which is mainly raider stuff and metal armor.
    Only one new helmet which is that gas mask.
    One fully new raider armor which is that suit to go with the above gas mask.
    One NPC "boss" power armor and a normal variant of it simply called "Tribal power armor" (Looks cool, spikes and bones and straps over it, orange colored)

Perks, there's three of these:
    First is called "Pit Fighter" (Damage resistance mainly)

Unsure about the other one was called but it boosts rad resistance ten percent.

Last one is for the Autoaxe and gives 25% more damage with it.

Lastly there's
    Four new unplayable (Though it can easily be modded that out) races that are variants of the four "base" races but sick and mutated in appearance.

A few misc items used for quests and such.
    (Like that steel ingot for example, there's supposedly 100 of them and finding all of those gives a extra achievement.)

Two new creatures, Trogg and guard "Protector" robot.
    (Similar to the one outside megaton but orange and reinforced)

SPOILER end.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  17. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I still can't believe we have to pay for DLC. Anyways The Pitt looks cool. Does anyone have an answer to my post above?

18. Terraniums

Terraniums Member

GPU:
    Saphire 3850 agp
    for people who were wondering about the DLC, here is what the usage restrictions say:

The item you are trying to download is subject to usage restrictions. You can use this item only with the Games for Windows - LIVE account that you ised to download it. Access to this item will also be granted to your LIVE account on other PCs if you decide to download it to a new PC. You must be signed in online the first time your LIVE account accesses the item on a new PC.

19. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    nah you can keep him alive with stimpacks but once hes been killed thats it, no more friendly dogs

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Resurrect in the console or download a mod that makes companions essential.
    (Essential means they get knocked down but get back up after a while, unless disabled via INI editing for those who like to kill certain NPC's like for example Lyons.)