The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Ive just started playing this again and was wondering where or what is the best texture pack for the environment in the game?

I cant seem to find anything tho so far have installed an enhanced rain and snow addon a ui reducing addon and just downloading something called FOOK.

any other recommendations? havent downloaded any of the DLC yet as i want to have a little run through the game and see if it will keep me hooked.

thanks

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    dont forget the mmmf mod,probably the best mod out there apart from fook,also dont forget the masterupdater...mmmf allows you to increase the spawn rate and lots of other things,which is important if you are using slower leveling and wasteland mastery combined iwth 10 year respawn...i suggest you readup about each mod before you install it

i have over 100 mods and i very rarely crash whatsoever,its the way you install the mods,just follow the instructions and always use FOMM(fallout mod manager)

3. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

ok im at the library and can access it from here so im gonna hurry home and hopefully no more problems

4. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg what the hell is going on , the library's computer took me straight to it no problem , but im at home now and it's still the only sites i cannot access . i tried downloading chrome and even that says:
    Oops! This link appears to be broken.

what the **** is wrong , i reseted internet explorer and it still dont work, im gonna reinstall windows 7 this week when ive finished downloading rtm and if it still wont work then, then??????????

how can i contact the fallout3nexus administrator to let them know about the problem?

it is still www.fallout3nexus.com isnt it ? or has the address changed?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Have you tried a forced refresh of the site (CTRL + F5 instead of just F5, or perhaps it was ALT or Shift, one of them should work.)

Also try deleting temporary files to remove any old cached stuff, you can keep cookies to avoid losing log-in information and such.

Other than that your ISP might be a bit slow with updating from the old to the new after the server move, site works just fine here for example.

6. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

nope that didnt work, and my internet is fast i can open any other webpage inless than a second

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  8. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

thanks for help,, yes that link works but when i click "files" or any other link on the page then i get same error

9. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I'm in Brisbane too and I have no problems getting on. Seems like a wierd problem. Your IP couldn't have been blocked by them for any reason could it?

10. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    ipconfig /flushdns

11. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    fallout3nexus is finally working again now...

i have a question about mothership zeta now, how the hell do i survive long enough to get my armor back? i have just rescued the little girl and just got the first weapon(disintegrater) but its loud and as soon as i fire it i get overwhelmed by aliens running from everywhere, with no med packs i die very quickly, what do i need to do ? stealth maybe? please help its very frustarating ive died 10times in a row within 5minutes

12. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    Game was okay, if it hadn't been for the constant ctd's it would of been one the best games i have played in years

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    there should be from what i recall dunno mothership zeta was so short and not very memorable, but by the time you should be getting hoarded by alot of aliens you should have your gear off in a side room before you hit the halls that you run into a ton of them, also at the point the little girl wants you to quick go in there, or stealth past the first few halls and rooms with them in or something, dunno i had my trusty m41a pulse rifle and i just love shooting stuff with it. but she tells you get in here, or go left now and stuff when discreation might be the better part of valor.

use vats and aim for the heads, to kill the tougher aliens, kinda like them ghoul reavers, real pain less you get clean head shots on them. but i think you missed the room with your gear in is why your having so many issues. its a room with liek 4 storage containers in it and your gear is in one of them the wall opposite the door if i remember right. after the first section right after the girl opens unlocks the door. i think your gear was in that little section before you get to the halls.

did not enjoy zeta all that much, thought point lookout was good and broken steel the best of the whole lot. with the pitt kinda eh i went to school in pittsburgh so i hate the place lol.

14. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

thanks, in that case ill load an earlier save and restart zeta and have a better look. i agree broken steel and point lookout were the best dlc's so far , ill see how i feel after i finish zeta.

maybe a background task interfering? try turning everything off before you play, cause ive never had that problem and ive played it thru 5 times so far.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i just hope i remebered correctly i kinda played the whole dlc in one friday night lol. not sure you can probably just backtrack from where you are to the previous section wo reloading but not sure i am habitual explorer when i go i hate to miss stuff and i was paranoid about my gear i had too much cool stuff including my pulse rifle i was kinda miffed to have taken from me.

16. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    ha ha thanks id gone into the next section so had missed my gear by a fair bit .. got it now and now im unstoppable hmmm maybe i have to much good stuff, i love the tesla cannon (fav weapon) FALLOUT 3 ROCKS best game ever.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    yeah im using fook 1.6 and its fantastic,i adds over 40 new weapons to the game,i highly recommend it

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  20. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    I was at level 18 in my current game (Steam) when it crashed (it was actually behaving rather nicely up 'til then). As usual, I restarted and went to continue from my last quicksave (at Rivet City, with Harkness about to slay Zimmer after I did the Replicated Man quest). However, when the game started my character was outside of vault 101 and got the messages "you have become addicted to a drug...." and "you have discovered several locations and may now fast travel...". I had no apparel and, upon checking my pipboy, had absolutely no items, quests or any markers on the map (contradicting that fast travel message), my skills at the basic 15 each, zero XPs, and without even the haircut that I'd selected.

I tried again, this time going through "Load". I thought it was good that "Load" showed my latest quicksave in Rivet City as mentioned above, and my latest auto save a short time before that. However, the result was the same. Naked and unarmed outside the vault, easy picking even for a mere bloatfly.

I've got a message in to steam suppport, but was kinda hoping for a quicker fix. (If there is one.)

Any suggestions? (I verified the game cache integrity and defragged through the Steam game properties, but without any difference.)

Fwiw, I run a few mods from FO3 Nexus - the high res texture packs for terrain (including rocks)/ megaton/ rivet city, as well as the quick manhole entrance to underworld and some additional tracks for GNR. They were all working very well, and I run the same ones on my lappy except for the quick manhole to underworld one. (I downloaded the manhole ones most recently - just a couple days ago.)

edit: I downloaded the FO mod manager to see what it showed in the saved game list and the list was empty. (I hadn't used FOMM previously.)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009