The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    I was about to scream seeing those screens. To bad it's just artwork and not the actual game. It would have been the sex if we could make crysis look like that. I mean, can we:p?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Both are more or less "ingame" but with heavy modifications to the so called "tod" or "time of day" values and other FX stuff such as depth of field and water reflections.

Time of day changes how the level looks as it affects lighting and weather conditions, haven't used Sandbox editor much myself but from what I've read it's a pretty powerful utility if you know how to use it.
    (Specific game times can have specific weathers and overall look to the games lighting system for example such as switching from a foggy morning to a sunny afternoon and finally a rainy night.)

If someone released the levels those screens were taken from it would be playable assuming no special tweaks were used to achieve just that look.
    (The available debug console is pretty powerful after all so it's fully possible, just see all those pre-tweaked config files that's available.)

EDIT: Can't say which level the second screen is from as it's very zoomed in and it might also be a custom map that's not released but that first screen is probably from this level albeit with certain modifications to it.
    http://crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=2977&lim=0

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    So it isn't posible to play the single player with the graphics looking like that?

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    U must be KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009

5. mudkips

mudkips Active Member

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX
    I know many people use the editor to set up shots at very high resolutions 10K pixels plus then down sample, the best stuff I have seen is done this way. Yeah, most of best looking shots are not playable but for a raster based engine its tough to beat for image quality. Just too bad its too far ahead of its time to get any kind of significant 3rd party licensing. I think their next-gen engine will be far more popular.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Crysis singleplayer levels do have .cry files for the editor so it's possible to open them and adjust the various settings this way, several mods have already done this to alter lighting conditions among other things but getting the graphics to look like that would be a challenge if it were to be applied to a whole level and not just tweaked for a particular scene.

As the above comment mentions it's also possible to use the console to take a screen several thousand pixels big and then resize it down to say 1920x1200 or similar which eliminates "jaggies" and similar kinda like using very high levels of anti-aliasing.

7. Jericho

Jericho New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+512
    Hi , I found this thread using google trying to figure out how to aply this mod to the campaign levels.I have zero experience with the editor so bare with me.

Famous I tried doing it twice what you did (or what i think you did ) but i failed and its a bit of a bitch loading and saving those .cry files over and over again.

Here how i tried to do it.

In the editor *duh

1. I loaded the a " .cry" files like island ,relic etc etc and in the Flowchart menu i selected " new"

2. Then a new " file" folder got created with " default"

3. I right clicked it so i could edit it

4. Choose "Create" and named it "DOF"

5. Imported the xml file

6. Injected it into the engine (or whatever it is named :) ) And saved it

I did so for all the ".cry" files in the /game/levels folder
    It didnt work for me.

The first time i only saved the files without injecting them into the engine so i though i it that wrong by not injecting before saving but both methods failed me.

For sure i did something wrong as i have no experience with the editor whatsoever.I fired it up once i saw this mod and realised i needed to use the editor.

Now , what am i doing wrong here ?

EDIT:

Wait i re-read the post and now i noticed that you saved it first then exported it.

I did it just the other way around that could be it and it sounds logical to me.I am gonna give it a try a little later on :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  8. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    I'm new at this too so its like the blind leading the blind.

I think the only difference is that I created a door entity and imported the flowgraph though the options panel on the right. I'll try it again tonight sine I want to apply it to other levels and send you a better description if somebody doesn't do it before then.

Also for testing purposes, if you hit ctrl-g the map will switch to game mode and you can run around and make sure its working before you save and reload crysis. Just make sure the camera view is low to the ground or you will fall to your death.

9. Jericho

Jericho New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+512

That would be great,i found out about the ctrl-g mode and it did work when i did that jut not in the game :( :) -poor me .I haven't had the time but i will try it again tonight and try and use what you just said,it might hrelp in the end.I was also a bit to sure i understood the first time around and did all the levels but i will only try it out on the islands.cry for now :p

10. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Hey guys I just discovered the Gears of crysis mod, but I have no idea how to install it. Can someone help me out?

11. pysik

pysik Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
    create a mods folder if their isnt one already in your crysis installation folder
    *:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\
    then drop the GOC folder in their, run crysis go to the mods tab click load and it will restart then start new game and their you go

12. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Hey thanks for the reply, but I still can't get it to work. I've created that mods folder and pasted the "GOC" folder into it. I see no mods tab when I load crysis though. Is there something else i'm supposed to do like use a command?

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.