The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cali

Cali New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512Mb
    no, i'm runing it under vista x64... i had the same problem when i was playing with onboard sound and with audigy, so i dont think it's the sound issue....

its like my ram gets clugged up or something, i really dont know.... other games work nice, but crysis has this problem....

any other possible solutions?

2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Sounds like your pagefile might be set too low.

Set it to around 6GB (with your 4GB ram) and you should be fine. Its probably set too low, and when it runs out of space, its resizing itself, causing HUGE slowdowns.

Also, do you have Vista completely up to date? There have been a LOT of performance updates released.

3. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Here's something for you guys .. messed with the settings a bit and got this ... plz. try and give feedback ..

RapidShare : Crysis Custom CFG's

Also , i've tested this only with very high settings on XP , donno the effect on other settings... shouldn't mess up anything though ...

Here are a few screenies :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also , if u want soft shadows back ... set r_shadowjittering to 1 . I lose about 4 fps with it enabled under ultra high mode :p ..

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Nice screens :) the very high settings for xp are cool, I use them with great fps and it's awesome :)

5. itchybutt

itchybutt New Member

Sounds like a heat problem

Sounds like your card is overheating. I had the same issue with my 7800 GT: during HL2 timedemo runs, first run flew but subsequent runs slowed to a crawl. Check the temperature of your card using either nTune or Speedfan when things start slowing down. For example, run a few Crysis benchmark tests in window mode and see what your temp gets up to. If temp goes above 80 degrees Celcius you might want to check your GPU fan is working or check the air-flow of your case. Also, if the card is more than a few months old, check the card's heatsink fins for dust that might be blocking cooling. If you see dust, use compressed air or vacuum to clean it. One other test is to leave your case cover off to see if the temps go down.

6. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    i am now running Ultra settings on crysis wow does this look good now ...

7. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The "Ultra" column of MadBoris's chart ?

Wow, give some pics dude :cheers:

8. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    The shadows are killing my card i think :p. I played with all settings on high and the sunshaft command at 10fps. When i selected medium shadows my fps went up to 18-20 fps. This is at 1024*768 and aa disabled. But it's playable. It doesn't really lag frame by frame it's just not very smooth.

Do you guys think a graphic card upgrade is worth it? I really like the ati cards but at the moment the 8800gt has better performance. Or do you guys think it's better to wait for the next gen cards? Because i don't know if crysis runs smooth all the time on the 8800 or 3870.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I'm convinced that you 'd see a difference using a newer card, so yes it's gonna be worthy, but maybe you will also need to upgrade your psu :/

and as Crysis is better with Nvidia, concerning filters of rendering, a 8800 gt or if possible(allowibng you to think more about it) a 8800GTS rev2 will be perfect

10. Cali

Cali New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512Mb

ok, my paging file is set to 4.4 gb (automatic by system), and i will put it to 6 as you said.... it's kinda funny you need so much page file space with 4 gb of ram....

vista is from october 2007, and updated with latest updates, so that's not an issue here...

i will let you know if there are any improvements...

@ itchybutt

vga is brand new Xfx 8800gt at default 600/1800 mhz. so i dont think the dust is a problem (not yet at least)... i will check out temps, but the strange thing is that if i look at one side - all is ok, then i look a bit left, then all goes to slide show.... and sometimes all is slideshow after some playing....

strange.....

11. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I was merely suggesting that may be the cause, as you're pagefile seems to be set sufficiently high ( I was merely using the usal 1.5x ram for pagefile size), I dont think thats the problem anymore

12. Cali

Cali New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512Mb
    well.... setting up higher page file space didnt help...

also temperature of my 8800gt during playing crysis is 75-80 degrees, which i dont think is too high. (measured with nTune)

also cpu utilisation is never 100%, so i dont really get it.... what's wrong?!?!?!

13. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Yeap the same ones.. ill get some pictures up right now then.. Be right back.

14. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    It's almost the forth week and Crytek still hasn't release the Patch. What the hell is going on! When they give us a release date for Crysis 2, I won't believe them until I see the dang game on the selves in stores. This is ridiculous!

15. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    I agree..Its bullshiat

I :puke2:: on there schedule

16. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    anyone into blur will like this..
    set r_motionblur 4
    r_motionblurshutterspeed 0.05

For some reason I cant get es_ondemandphysics working , it's always @ 0
    Somehow I got it working once the first time , I felt a performance improvement..
    Cant get it to work no more , oddly !

I need to work on colors , i cant get that DX10 look on XP as yet..
    I mean color wise...

17. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    Thanks. But how big is the difference? Is crysis smooth the entire time on a 8800gt? Cause i think it's not worth the money to upgrade if it stil "lags" in some levels. Btw, what psu do you recommend?

18. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Does it matter? I mean nearly anyone who's bought the game has finished it already anyway.... And I seriously doubt there's gonna be some performance miracle in the patch, unless it removes half the ontent

19. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I will be getting Crysis for christmas, and I've seen that there are many different config files that people have been tweaking. For starting the game, should I just leave it on default, or is there one that helps the game look a lot better without a huge performance loss?

20. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I'm referring to the GDC 2006 video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.