The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    Lol i would like to know what video card crytek used in their videos......and why it doesn't run like that! But meh im enjoying it...oh and anyone know why the ICE is so ****ing slow? Its white....erm

2. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    why can't i open the hatch?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Well not much of one, alright, i'm on the aircraft carrier, I just beat the first boss, and now that big ship has came up from the water. They say to open it's hatch, so i fire rockets at the thing, i've probably fired 50 and nothing happens!!! Is this just some sort of error or how many rockets does it take to open that thing?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    From what I have heard the transition from Demo to Full Version is just extra levels... is this correct?

3000 posts yay!

4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    InCrysis - Chat with Crytek: Cevat Yerli and Nvidia: Roy Taylor

"Neoeyal: On which graphic card was Crysis developed, 8800 Ultra or 8800 GTX and triple SLI or dual?

NVIDIA_Roy: All of them! As part of the support for the team we armed them with every GPU we have and with every option we have. If we make it then Crytek has it! Seriously, they want to develop at different levels so they don't only use the most powerful GPUs available."

So at least triple SLI :D

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Ok, I'll sum up my impressions from the game.

Crysis review

Technical:
    1. The engine, marvelous but demanding graphics. Physics are great but buggy at times and the same with the soundengine
    2. Best foliage/trees so far in a game
    3. It would be great to get rid of some more pop ups (well, I'm running on medium settings)
    4. Fast level loads, doesn't eat up a lot of RAM (never been over 1GB) Levels would benefit from some more variation
    5. Do the bodies have to disappear after the die? And why disable the body physics? (German laws, yes) I would like to be able to carry uncouncious and dead bodies. For fun and some stealth
    6. Framerate goes all to hell once the snow appears. Does it really have to have such a huge hit on the performance?

7. Kudos for a highly customizable engine with editor

Overall gameplay:
    1. The game is way too short and linear despite the fact that the areas are rather large and give some freedom on how to deal with the missions
    2. The only thing you really do is shoot or occasionally find a button to press.
    3. Some poor trial and error parts, and some poor levels such as the
    beep
    level.
    4. Pretty much no effect at all depending on what you do. Do I really need that intel? Why not a computer interface and some hacking on my own? Deus Ex did it just fine.
    5. Stealh period is way too short (I'll try to adjust through .cfg file) and silenced weapons lose too much power with distance.
    6. Choppers have extremely good eyesight, despite the fact that I had been cloaked or hiding in bushes it appeared and began to shoot at me. Regular weapons have no bite on the choppers, pretty much need a rocket launcher
    7. Boss battles are dull and they're overpowered, especially on delta difficulty level.
    8. Disappointed in the lack of "proper" indoor levels..Far Cry was better in this.
    9. Why does the tranquilizer always work, does it really penetrate the body armor and helmet?
    10. Alien weapon overheats and has the same click sound as well?

Music:
    Far more generic than Far Cry which mixed moody electronics with great industrial pieces. Turned it down. Music doesn't always calm down once the battles are over.

1 Why don't the NPCs try to free themselves when you get a hold of them? It's pretty fun to throw them from great hights though, but disappointing that they can't swim(!)
    2 Too few enemy types...and all are pretty much Rambo kick ass types. When will we see games with more varied personalities? I want to see an AI freak out because of all the mayhem and try to hide. Once you find this NPC you might not feel the need to pull the trigger to kill him/her...btw, almost no females. Why? Why not meet up with a undercover agent working on your side? Exchange some information and/or some gear? How about NPCs that desert and give themselves up?
    3. What happened to NPCs looking for traces of blood and other signs trying to track you down?
    4. Overall the AI works well though, and provide some tough resistance (as said, sometimes way too tough)

3/5 (from a long time gamer, since Intellivision/C64/NES days :) )

6. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Crytek lied about the performance crap i tell u that. the best rig out right now overclocked cant even run crysis at 60fps.

7. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Very good review there, Kaleid! I have to say that I agree with most of what you've said. Yes, this game is still far from perfect but it's still very very good :p

8. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    well i dont know if they lied about performance. But the thing is that even with low fps..the game still amazingly playable...i mean, i cant past 20fps with alla high, with drops to 13-15 fps...but i never had any gameplay problem. Some games are simply unplayable with such fps...but crysis makes an awesome job. Yes he need extremly powerfull pc to run all on high ( well not soe extremely looking that even mine can run it without no problems in high mode ), but as i said, even with low fps it still precectly playable...

9. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Hi,
    I got the game today and I wanted to know...

...which is best for performace...

DX9 or DX10???

:confused:

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Have a guess. Of course it's DX10 because that's it's main advantage over DX9 right? Oh, I love being sarcastic...

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    As i read before a x19** family card.

EDIT: and i want to add that this game has the most REALISTIC sound effects i have ever heard. Those battles, omg flying jets..incredible realistic sounds..PWNED!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Loving the game so far, the SMG is the most baddass automatic weapons ever, graphics are as amazing as the demo showed, gameplay is excellent with me actually planing the way im doing things which is a breathe of fresh air considering ive been playing COD4(which is amazing) but very generic in that way.

Easily a challenger for game of the year, just shows what a decent team of devs can do when given lots of money and alot of development time.

13. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    oh...and incindary rounds put down choppers in about 20 shots....more efficent than the missile launcher

14. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Do you get more bullets for the Scar rifle throughout the game ?? really like that gun but havent found hardly any bullets for it.

15. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Just completed it, took roughly 4/5 hours... not that long i thought... but maybe i played it too fast. Anyway, amazing game, ran very nice on high details (not very high) and AA x4, AS x8. :) i cant wait for the sequal, if there is one :S

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  17. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    *spoiler alert

agreed, since the demo , ive been playing without framerate counters and the only time i experienced really slow gameplay was in the level just before "ascension" where we were fighting aliens using guns and whatever just before the VTOL came to evacuate us..even the snow wasnt that bad (in my experience)

and just now, on the carrier level, on my first mission (i think it was just walking towards the place where you find prophet was seated) i thought that part was really smooth and i thought i had high fps..so i checked my counters and i was running 20ish fps..i couldnt believe how smooth it was

18. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    I am having great success with it running on my current rig, just have not been able to choose any widescreen resolutions except 1680x1050 (my native res). I would like to run it at 1280x720 instead of 1280x968 that I am running now...

Any ideas why I don't get the other resolutions as an option?

Also anyone try running in DX9? All I get is a grey screen and some tearing once in the game...

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol ended like sht. wtf!? anotehr HALo clone? CRYSIS 2? pff :\

20. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I was dissapointed by the ending too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.