The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Well you might get it with 2xGTX/Ultra in SLI, otherwise you'd be looking at triple Crossfire I'd imagine

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol what some of you already finished the game, :D g33ks j/k ammm not hehehe.

3. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I doubt that this is game's fault. I've had the same issues in Bioshock, also driver related.

4. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    none of my other games give me any trouble, bioshock, world in conflict, race 07, enemy territory, lost planet, even trusty far cry is good, along with the old nascar season 2003. Crysis is the only game I've had issues with but it doesn't happen often. i played the game for 5 hours straight yesterday it happened 1 time...a patch will fix alot of stuff...

5. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Then you're more lucky than I am, because I get those problems a lot more often, once or twice per hour, lol. Oh well, if this is really a game issue then I'm really looking forward to getting that fixed in the upcoming patch. And till then, my onboard will serve me well :p

6. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Its unlikely to be a sound card issue, as all the sound in Crysis is processed through software (CPU) and your card only outputs the result to your speakers.

If you have much stuff running in the background while playing the game, or it is caching to the hard drive at the time, you may experience sound issues.

7. Darth_Chronic

Darth_Chronic Active Member

GPU:
    WinFast GeForce 6600GT
    That's a little disappointing because I thought the first half was the most fun. Like FarCry I love the parts when you are fighting humans, the other parts are just ok. That's why I was so pleased about FarCry 2, no trigens.

8. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I do understand that this sounds strange and all, but somehow it is really a bug..either of this game, or of the sound driver. I've done a lot of testing, driver reinstalling and etc and nothing changed actually. Those sound issues occur quite randomly, and no cashing is done and that time as far as I know. It all starts from minor scratching and then the sound becomes garbled and everything sound like it's in slow-mo, lol. And then, after some time the sound eventually disappears. The only way to get it back is to restart the game.

As I've said before, this issue was present in Bioshock for me..and this is the second game title with it. Oh well, I'll wait for some new sound driver or game patches until further testing, until then I'm sticking with my onboard since it runs without a single issue with it. :ying:

9. Zadiek

Zadiek Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia SLI 2gb 670gtx ftw
    After playing around with settings, I found that I get no frame rate improvement with different resolutions. 800x600 all the way up to 1680x1050. This is with all settings on high, but shadows on medium. I don't know what is going on here. Other people seem to get drastic frame rate improvement when lowering the resolution.

10. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    same as you mate:rolleyes:

11. piotrr

piotrr New Member

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB
    But why?

The game on medium looks better and is more demanding than most games on High. I laughed at how fast TimeShift was on High. So why can't you just relax on your demands and play a great, entertaining game at anything but the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE SETTINGS in order to buy it?

12. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    ^^^ Because thats the whole point of Crysis, to show of V.High and be the best graphical game out there, im the same i want to run the game on high. . i wouldnt settle for low either thats just silly.

The game may be good but i wouldnt enjoy it to the full if it wasnt on at least high settings, mainly because all the cool features are disable and im sorry but just the gameplay alone will not make me buy the game, its no half life 2

13. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    where did i say that? so i use strength mode to snipe but i did not say that..

i use strength mode coz im under the impression that using strength mode while sniping increases accuracy...i cant confirm if its true though but i got used to it since playing the MP beta

edit: i know the map is fictional but the place "caraga region" is real..its about 5 hours drive from my city :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  14. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Hi, quick question...

I can run Crysis 32bit just fine, but when I open the Crysis64 folder, my AVG nanny pops up and tells me about a virus called OBFUSTAT.ZRT. I tried to heal it, then when I run Crysis 64bit, I just get a black screen. I tried to restore the file, which was crysis64.exe btw, and still just a black screen.

Is this a virus? Or is it just AVG not jiving with the game? I really hope I don't have to re-install everything just to use the 64bit version...:bawl:

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,14309.0.html

16. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Nope.

17. mrfloydian1973

mrfloydian1973 Master Guru

GPU:
    1GB ATI HD4850
    Bought the full game and to my surprise:

1. Resolution won't display correctly on my 22" TFT widescreen monitor.
    2. Artifacting when approaching dead creatures in game.
    3. Runs like treacle!!

Now I never had these problems with the demo, what did they change?

18. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Argh. This is driving me up the wall! No matter what I do, Motion Blur nor Depth of Field is working!

I've got everything on High and it still dosen't work. Got many .CFG's edited to Very High, still dosen't work. Thats including Post Processing. Enabled Sun/God Rays, Coronas, etc and they work fine. DoF is on 2. Motion Blur on 3. STILL DOSEN'T WORK.

Bloody annoying.

19. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Are you by any chance using a bit outdated forceware drivers? Give the latest 169.09 a go, hopefully this will fix your problems.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i wish to know how to activate THIRD PERSON VIEW in the game..as i read it is possible in the SANBOX2 but dont know how to activate in the singleplayer game :\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.