-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Grahxen, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Thats the kewlest mod I have ever seen in my life. I love the Red Mahogany stain:)

2. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    cv_salise,
    Your just being modest, your setup is very nice! I've just come to realize that no matter how nice I think my setup is there is always going to be someone else here with much better hardware than us, lol! By the way how does your eVGA 7600GT working out for you? I have a close friend who doesn't know much about computers but he knows he wants something faster than what he currenlty has. Because of his finacial situation he can't afford anything too expensive so I suggested he gets a 7600GT because for the money it's a fast card with some overclocking potential to! If you get a chance try to post some better pics of your case so that we can get a better look at it?

scoutingwraith,
    I am in the same boat, I've been looking for a decent watercooling case now for a few weeks. I'm currenlty using a Coolermasters Praetorian case but it's quite small and it was very hard to install everything within the case (well I had to put my Black Ice Extreme triple rad outside my case on top because it just wouldnt fit inside). After looking at hundreds of cases and only having about $150 give or take to spend I think the Coolermaster's Stacker case is definelty the way to go. I'm not a huge fan of the Stacker but it is just perfect for watercooling, especially if your using a large radiator like I am. If I had a bit more money to spend I'd get the newest version of the Stacker in black but it's like $240+ dollars, that is just too much. Also Lian-Li makes a handful of great watercooling cases but they are too expensive for me, you can get better cases for less money in my opinion! Keep us posted on what you get

Edit, Here's the linky to my favorite case except that I couldnt' find the black version of it?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119103

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  3. krazyredboy

krazyredboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 8gb
    I am happy you appreciate it OvR|<|LL. My father said it would never work, or look good, but I think we proved him wrong...and he too changed his mind upon completion.

Thank you.

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yes I must totally agree, that is beautiful! You guys did a great job, very clean, very classy, and also looks very inconspicuous! Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your next attemps, especially that full carbon fiber one!

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's very cool and original Krazy. Guys, How come nobody ever paint's the inside of the PC case? I will be doing a new build here soon and I seen a couple rig's where the guys took there time and painted the inside and it looked pretty cool. I guess it's a preference thng along with everything else in the PC world. I really like that corbon fibre idea aswell.

6. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Riva TNT2 Ultra 32MB
    Classy. That word hits it right on the dot! All that wood!

7. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    hey i painted my case matte black like in january..... :p

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0131io6.jpg

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yeah that is a good point Robscix and something I'd like to try also. It's tough though when your case is silver aluminum because it's difficult to find a color that will go good with it, and look cool too! I was thinking that if your case was black that maybe a good bright orange would look pretty good (of course that is assuming that whoever does the painting does a professional job)! Otherwise it ends up looking like those guys who paint the inside of their cars interiors (you know all around the heater vents, radio, etc...). I think that usually looks cheap and kinda silly except for a few rare occations. By the way what will your new system consist of if you don't mind sharing with us? Maybe a new CPU as well as a few more MB's of RAM, after that you'd be in pretty good shape!

rOkO,
    Oh yeah I remember when you originally posted that, I thought/think it looks great! Is the case still that same color now, but maybe with a few scratches though, lol!

9. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    same color but with scratches of course... darn matted paint huh ...scratches come right up...! lol

EDIT: if i can ( one day buy a new dual core cpu like a 945 and 2GB of DDR2 ram ) i'll repaint the whole interior with a Glossy or Metalic Black paint...!!!! then insert my new Asus P5WD2 Premium... HIHI

EDIT 2 : the pic i showed you was taken not even a week ago :p

10. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Wow, lots of awesome posts in the rig gallery over last couple of days!

11. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Damn, that looks good! I need to try that with my new Thermaltake Armor case, a great case for watercooling btw ;) Enough space in there to work with, and the holes for all the watercooling tubes are already there. I love my case! I'll post some pics soon ;) Need to get my dad's cam first...

12. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    here's my main rig :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

specs on the side....to make it silent, I modded the psu to fit a 120mm antec fan @ 7v, rear fan @ 5v, the fan on the thermaltake silent 939 is @ 900rpm, chipset fan unplugged, and nvsilencer @ 25%.

temps max load :

chipset ----> 35c
    cpu ----> 57c

heres my secondary rig :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

specs : 512mb ram, axp-m @ 12*166 @ 1.4v, no case fans, chipset fan unplugged, 350w psu (still need to switch the fan, as its a lil loud), ac silencer on my 9500np @ low, and slk900a with a revoltec 80mm fa @ 2k rpm (its really quiet)

temps max load :

chipset --->45c
    cpu ----> 50c

13. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    look its so ugly : )

[​IMG]

14. krazyredboy

krazyredboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 8gb

Who cares if it's ugly. It does the job, right? Sometimes, the art isn't in the asthetics. I happen to think that is a pretty innovative way to route your fans...using the window, that is.

And one quick question...Is that an AC unit in your window as well?

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Roger D25 and rOkO I think it looks so much better when the inside of the case has been painted. IF you look through a cases window and you see just the same old metal. Then if you look in a case and see the inside painted it looks so much better. That extra touch... I will be doing a new build soon so I have been thinking of such things. Look at rOkO's flat black inside it looks so good when you compare it to a ordinary case. It also makes the hardware stand out even more.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006

16. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

If you really want to pimp that ride/Rig VDUB Style. Just a sugguestion but to aviod scratches and dust from showing up. Get it rhino lined ,cant be expensive to have a shop do it professionally seeing as how a case is so small,and its ment for auto finished metal. So Im thinking it will last for ever, probably absorb and a** load of noise as well. Just a thought though.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    HA, I have been thinking of talking to a autobody shop down the road about painting my case...

18. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    leme know how it turns out.

19. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    Before when i got all my new part and case...

Intel Pentium 4 630 @ 3.7 :( Missing That Clock...!!!! )
    Asus P5RD1-V Xpress200
    1GB Swissbits Crap
    Sapphire Radeon X700Pro 256MB 128Mbits 475Mhz core/1050Mhz mem
    160GB Western Digital ATA
    1 UV CCFl and 1 Blue LED Bubble Stick

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DAMN THAT DIRTY...!!!!! :p

Now with PaintJob soon to be redone in Glossy Black or Metalic Black..!!

[​IMG]

HEHE nice upgrade huh..!!!

ROBSCIX : Spray can buddy...CHEAPER :p that what i did and i think its a damn good one too:p

20. krazyredboy

krazyredboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 8gb
    That looks really good. I did the same thing to the bottom of my laptop a few weeks ago. I am going to try and get some pics up tomorrow.

That is a good looking case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.