-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Grahxen, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I was at Best Buy today and they had one in stock (204B) and it was only about $20 bucks more than the EGG's is, great deal and great monitor! I just hope I can pull enough funds together to get it before the price jumps up! I usually hate to buy anything at a store like Best Buy but a monitor is differnt, you never know if the one you buy is going to work correnlty so I'd rather be able to just drive a few miles for a replacment than have to ship it back to an online store!

Pat - Havn't seen you around in a while, nice to hear from you, thanks for the nice comments (that is my favorite drill by the way, lol).

2. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

HEHE thats where I got mine , and for the same reason:) + you would spend the 20.00 on shipping anyway I spent $369.00 + tax on it.

3. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    Got a DeWalt myself and like it a lot. Mines got a cord though. I save my cordless Snap-On Drill for work. Any serious case modder/home owner needs at least one! Great for drilling out fan holes or hanging curtains :D
    BTW, you haven't seen me here much because I'm doing the latter, curtains that is. Ugg, even hung my neighbors curtains. I don't even have enough time these days to :peeright: & :crapper: :)

4. DGordon

DGordon Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3850 512mb
    il post in about a year when i get outta this mid tower and get a nicer setup goin right now it isnt to pretty on the eyes just fast. Upgrades needed: Full Tower Case, Mobo(fetal1ty hopefully or sli abit if they have one), and some new ram lol.

5. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Hahaha. My sentiments exactly. I hate to draw added attention to it, but that cracked me up lol :p

And yes, cute cat Robbie Man :)

6. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Nice job man:)

7. MafiaMan

MafiaMan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7900GTX 512MB @720/1800
    Thanks , we have :)

8. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    lol, ya I havent done much in the way of upgrade my tower, but I have purchased a few other items for work/school/play :)

A new drill for work
    [​IMG]
    they gave me this funny looking flash light...
    [​IMG]
    a dremel for school... gotta love architechture, so may toys :)
    [​IMG][/URL]
    an asus w3j for school, took bloody forever finding a place to preorder it, but was it worth it!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a bag for the laptop
    http://www.booqbags.com/stores/booqbags/images/BillingSet/20065BOA_0078.jpg
    [​IMG]
    and a camera... any idea how to take apicture of a camera!@! any way its a e-300 olympus.

so my poor tower has suffered from lack of attention of late due to this, maybe later once vista is out I will look into what new hardware is available :)

9. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Take a pic with the cam in the mirror. Never fails!

What are the specs on the lappy?

10. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Was wondering the same thing. What are the specs for the laptop? How does it perform? And i am curious how much you bought it for?

11. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    asus w3j for 1950 CND plus tax... and the preorder got me a free bag (didnt like) and a memory stick (I do like)
    intel core duo 2500 @1.83
    ati x1600 256 (with another 256 of virtual ram), havent checked the clock speeds on this yet, the ati control panel is a little foreign to me at the moment because up till now (and no longer) I was a nvidia fan boy... oh well
    2X512... maybe trading it in for 2:1gig... we will see
    3dmark05 gave me around 4500 to 4700 at stock I think... after I figure out this card and find a better way of cooling it, I will see what can be done overclocking wise
    14inch 15:9 widescreen

and the best part of it all... THE TOP IS ALUMINUM!!! that made me happy, (sry for the capitals)

thought about doing that with the mirror, we will see

12. Catroqui

Catroqui Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    Hey dmak a Core Duo processor @1,83GHz is a T2400 not a T2500.

13. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    lol... ya I know, I wasnt sure if it was the 2400 or 2500, so I just guessed :)

14. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    overkill, i think you have a little too much money bro :)

15. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    LOL, why you say that?

16. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    if only it was so simple.... the camera and laptop were musts for architecture.... I am not buying an acer or anything of similar build quality, I prefer the solidness of asus, I dont mind speding a few more bucks if it is going to last and take hauling around, the camera is also a hobby for me, so thing that to me is worth investing some time and money into... and like I said, I dont mess with my tower anymore, that in itself is a money saver, anyone here know anything about the mermon? is it going to be compatible with the pin set on this laptop? I have been considering if it will be worth it switching for the 64 bit processing

17. V.Sempronio

V.Sempronio New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT (445/1220)
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.

I did a complete rework of the wiring in my rig, and got burned by my soldering iron in the process:

Few of the Old pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the new ones:

Last Night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This morning after i put in the second HDD (2.5 inch from my laptop) and a shot of my screwed up hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a lot of fun doing that. ill take a pic of the mess behind the MoBo tray someother time.

18. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    This here is my system.....

Processor: FX-55(939) 'Baby FX' ClawHammer
    Videocard: Sapphire X850XT PE 256Mb (AGP) [Core: 594Mhz|Mem: 615Mhz]
    Motherboard: Asus A8v Deluxe (AGP) Via K8T800Pro
    Memory: 512x2 OCZ PE Rev.2 (2-2-2-5) (T2)
    512x2 Corsair XL Pro (2-2-2-5) (T2)
    Soundcard: Creative XFi - inspire
    Speakers: Creative P5800 5.1 surround
    PSU: Tagan 480 Modular U-15
    Storage: 1x80Gb
    1x160Gb
    1x300Gb
    Maxtor Diamondmax 9(80Gb)/10(160 & 300GB) series
    Case: Thermaltake Shark (Black Alu)
    Cooling: Asetek Waterchill Extreme triple 120mm kit

Dual Desktop Mess

[​IMG]

Sharkie Case (daytime)

[​IMG]

Night Shark

[​IMG]

(Night) Shark Close Up

[​IMG]

(Night) Insides

[​IMG]

Shark Underworld

[​IMG]

& just for the fun of it..........

[​IMG]

Sad to say that this thing is Un-overclockable otherwise I would have had this making my toast every morning. Ive tried all sorts of methods but this clawhammer just aint havin any of it.

All pics were take with a Sony Ericsson K800 handset in cybershot 3.2Mega Pixel Mode

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Your watercooled FX-55 won't overclock, that doens't sound right? Your OCZ ram should be able to handle a few more mhz? So are you running at completely stock speed then? What a bummer since your system has so much potential!

20. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    yeah :( its a clawhammer & ive tried F**king around with it so much but it wont have it at all! ive tried multiplyers, FSBs, RAM dividers, more voltage but no. it starts failing in everything. I start to bleed off (lose) major points in 3dmark05. & it fails each & everytime in PRIME. so F**k it. I really cant be arsed with it anymore. hopefully it'l make a good paper weight when i next get paid. either that or its going through somebodys windscreen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.