*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I love that case.

2. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    My Air 540 just got delivered about an hour ago. I'll be installing hardware etc. later this week. Great looking and great cooling case. A hell of a lot lighter and smaller than my Thermaltake Level 10.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I'd wanted that case, but it won't fit on my desk, and there is noway i would put it on the ground.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    The Sabertooth Z77 surely looks good in a 800D case. :D

I find the tiny fan making some annoying noises, even on Silent mode.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Wish they had a self-contained water cooling system like the Corsair Hydro series for video cards like the GTX 760. Debating if i wanna go through the effort of getting a replacement ACX cooler sent to me by eVGA since the one on my card makes a rather worrying noise at certain fan speeds, or if i just want to deal with it until i eventually possibly try to do my own little water cooling loop. Just not sure how do-able it'll be in this little Prodigy....

Oh, and Koniakki.... it may be clean looking from that side... but not so much from the other. haha.

[​IMG]

Then again... that could just be me being a bit over-critical. I mean yea... it's not exactly a mess.... but i'm used to a little better. Not bad for my first Mini-ITX build after YEARS of standard ATX in pretty damn big chassis, though....

edit: and i still can't believe Seas.on (minus the period) is censored on the forums.... at least it seems to be, since my system specs show my PSU as being a ******ic 650w...

6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^^ Nice build!

I've just seen the new Prodigy M and want it! My gf has been complaining about her laptop for ages and wants a new one! Hopefully I can persuade her to let me build an Mini ITX based system instead of another crappy laptop :)

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    The Prodigy M looks nice.... i mean.... it's the same case except for Micro-ATX.... but i just don't like the design of it. It just doesn't seem to be the greatest idea. PSU exhausting to the underside of the case... which is essentially where the only option for a logically functional intake fan is in the case. Can't do an intake on the top, because all it'll be doing is hitting the video cards and going right out the back of the case. Can't do a rear intake because then the air REALLY has nowhere to go. I honestly think they'd have probably been better off trying to adjust it so that it would be a horizontal-mount PSU so that it could have vented out one of the side-panels. Either that, or they probably could have gotten away with putting the PSU where the oddly-placed ventilation holes are next to the expansion slots, even if they made the case a HAIR wider. Nice that it still has the ability to use a 230mm fan, though. Love that about this Prodigy. 230mm fan up front = lots of cool air for system. Now i just feel like i need to get a set of these for it to prevent as much dust from getting into the system as possible...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...y_Magnetic_Dust_Fan_Filter_Set_-_4_Piece.html

I dunno... i just think i like the overall design of the Mini-ITX Prodigy better than the M-ATX one.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    My new setup. :)

ps, my H100i radiator is very dusty i know, needs cleaning. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I should be getting Define R4 white this Friday. About time to switch the case.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I don't get how people get push pull with a h100i in the top, it was so hard i couldnt do it.

The top fans kept moving so i can't get to the holes, and i think i messed them all up. :(

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

11. TAZTG

TAZTG Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 (SLI)
    I just built my new rig in the same case. It was reviewed right here on Guru which led me to purchase it for my build.
    Corsair Carbide Air 540

Here are a few links to pics of mine. Love the clean cable management.
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/taztg/PICS/DSC00552.JPG
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/taztg/PICS/DSC00553.JPG
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/taztg/PICS/DSC00555.JPG

Enjoying the nice clean look and don't plan on any modding to this case.

12. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Haven't done cable management since I don't care for the looks :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Damn dude you need to go to a full tower. You successfully stuffed 10lbs. of sh!t in a 5lbs. bag lol. How's the MSI working for you?

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    @signex. I HAVE THE SAME SPEAKERS :D

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just finished doing the switch to Define R4.
    [​IMG]

Some cables are surprisingly short in this PSU. I might have been able to do something to GPU power cables but the mobo cables are just too short. Remembered to put the SLI bridge on last second.
    [​IMG]

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That's one option. I need to change the bottom fan and clean up those PCI-E power cables and it will look neater.

EDIT:
    I'm going to get rid of those FD fans. While 14cm, they sound awful no matter what speed they run (engine noise) and doesn't even seem to pull air much. I'll use my trusty 800 RPM slip streams and add gentle typhoon to replace the F12.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  18. tjken33

tjken33 New Member

GPU:
    HD 7870
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  19. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Hehe Yea. I'll be getting the Cooler Master CM690 III when it arrives in a nvidia edition model.
    The MSI reference and TwinFrozr cards run great together with out problems. The TwinFrozr model is extremely quiet indeed.

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Gripen: i second what Loophole said. Not to mention those 780's must run HOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* OOOOOOOT.

Anarion: If you're going to go the cable extension route... which judging by that 8-pin and possibly the 24-pin power cables seems like a pretty good idea in regards to looks... i'd highly recommend the BitFenix Alchemy cables. They're what i used in my Cosmos II case, and they look phenomenal. If it had the room (or the need), i'd have used them in my Prodigy, but yea... room is already tight.

tjken: Surprising to see two Mini-ITX builds in the Prodigy so close together. haha. Slightly different hardware choices, though....