-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 6=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    yep, but actually the difference to Scythe S-flex was minimal ~3€ / fan :nerd:

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hehe thats my old 8800 glad its being put to use! nice pics btw bodar and flawlez

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hopefully that won't bring the noise up too much..What case are they going into?
    *edit re: the fans are what I was referring to

4. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Corsair Obsidian 800D. I'll see how it works out with the included LNA or ULNA adapters. If it still is too noisy, I'll grab one of those 6 channel zalman fancontrollers. :)

here is review of the case: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1036/1/

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yeah good call.. adjusting the rpms is the way to go cuz 6 of those fans cranking at full speed is a nasty amount of sound. Would do one hell of a job of clearing the air though.
    Nice choice on the case as well btw ;)

6. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Thanks. I think Corsair has done hell of a job designing the case, and its officially the first case I feel "I want that!". It should be arriving sometime next month, depending how the tweaking in Corsair's end goes.

7. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Cant wait to see all those fans in that case!!!! Going to be awesome!!!! Are you gonna put led's on them?

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I'm thinking about 2 red 30cm cold cathodes. Colour is not decided yet, it could be UV too. :)

9. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Man, I took these led's off of a chauvet light that I got for live shows. Cut the wires and connected them inside the case. It's bright as hell right now and that's why I'm up.. Cant sleep.. Looks cool though :fuse: Does the case come with any led's already? You could kinda match the theme.. :)

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Getting fed up with the cabling situation with my Antec 900. I'm looking at the Cool Master HAF mid tower as a viable option. I already have a fistful of red Xigmateks. Any one know if its better or worse than the Antec 900?

11. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I can imagine. My old Antec case had so bright front leds that there were 2 bright beams across my room in dark. :eek:

Corsair went with minimalistic design without any additional leds (only HDD and power leds). Kinda cool thing tho, everyone can put the lights they want in it, or just keep the non-led look. I have absolutely no idea how the Noctua fans would look in UV light... I know that red masks brown really nicely to wine red, hence its my plan atm. :D

e: oh and I don't even know which colour the power led is, probably blue, hoping for red....

12. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah man! I think a nice blue/ red mix is a great option! I remember when I first put all the lights in my case.. I wanted so many colors that I went green,blue,red and they were all next to each other. Ended up looking like some kind of rainbow :) lol! So the first time I showed my friends they thought it was pink or something. After that I just changed everything to solid colors but that were closer to each other.. I have some blues/reds but they congregate in a specific area.. Looks cool without being cheezy I think :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  13. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I'd go for the haf full tower man. It's awesome!! My last case was the antec and I agree.. I actually dropped that one on the concrete on accident.. oops.. :)

14. toXin

toXin Member Guru

GPU:
    XpertVision HD4870 1GB
    Done! With a nice clean cut, But no one will ever know :p
    [​IMG]
    There's also a filter under the black mesh of the door.

15. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    That's awesome Toxin! Nice Modification! Must have takin a while to get it perfect :)

16. Romv19

Romv19 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 470GTX x2
    I just wanted to vent a little by posting this pics of all the bad things that have been happening with my new built.

First on my brand new motherboard one of the PCI-E adapters broke in have while installing my old Geforce 98000GTX on it

[​IMG]

Then I decided to sell one of my old 9800GTX and since i found a buyer for the water block I tried to remove the water block and this happen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In all my years building systems I never have broken anything while installing it or removing it, I guess theres a first for everything.

hopefully I can get gigabyte to change the motherboard and in the next couple of weeks ill post pictures of my new system that consist of

Cooler masters ATCS 840
    Intel Core I7 920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    EVGA 285GTX

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  17. toXin

toXin Member Guru

GPU:
    XpertVision HD4870 1GB
    Thanks Bodar.
    It did but was well worth it in the end, Very proud of myself :) When I find my camera ill take some more close ups. It really looks like a great mod.. With the door closed lol.

18. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    ^dont use thermal paste that sticks! and always pry away carefully! ouch... that sucks!

how did the PCI-e break like that?! BTW thats NOT pci-x!

19. Romv19

Romv19 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 470GTX x2
    the corner clip was still cought when I was trying to remove the card and it just came off that part of the plug doen't have any pins connected to the motherboard.

20. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    hot air blower works wonders removing blocks and heatsinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.