-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 5=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Feb 16, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    What happened with your temps after the repaste??

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    cool lookin. Thats probably the first time i've seen a case that has everything going upwards. I've seen the 180degree flip but not 90, thats cool =D

3. surrealX

surrealX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660Ti
    Sweet. How much did it run you?

4. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    is it any good as some people hate it ???

5. OCZ

OCZ Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Well I had Tt Armor+ and that case was really "windy". Now after applying this TIM my CPU temp. is ~1-2c lower in idle ( the hottest core ) and like 4-5c in load. GPU temp. is actually a bit higher in idle but at least 5-6c lower in load. NB temp. is a bit higher, I think I should have applied more paste, DFI LP's heatsink doesn't fit well ..
    About the case cooling, well I don't know HDD's temps are the same ( 31c WD 500GB and 23c old a$$ Maxtor ) just like in Armor+.
    Those 180mm fans do a fair job tho I don't think that can keep up with 2x120mm that I had on the bottom of the Armor.
    And about that "turning the heat up" thing, well from what I can tell it's pretty much bullsh..

@surrealX, it was ~200e

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    I was really thinking about splurging on the Raven (which would suck since i already have a beefy as hell Cosmos). Interesting idea for how they had everything.... but i think it would have been better executed if they provided some form of 90-degree connector with the case, ESPECIALLY for DVI and/or VGA. Tends to be the most rigid cable connected to a computer besides the actual power cable. But i really do like the concept behind it. must make it kinda interesting to work with.... and it's sure as hell nice to look at.

OCZ: At the bottom of the mobo.... is it just me, or is that metal banded wire protectors like you'd expect to find on a car or for a home heating system or somethin?

7. OCZ

OCZ Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    That 24pin cable ? Well, that's my custom sleeve :p those are actually shower tubes, 6 wires in each tube.

Anyhow, today I finished it all, added an 120mm to give it some airflow on the RAM - did lower the NB temp. for like 2c too.
    Added my cathodes, screwed down the mobo, MFC1+ is also in, painted the sticker on that 180mm fan ( to keep it all black ) and a few more thing that I just can't remember atm ..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see that white sticker doesn't stand out anymore :)

8. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Here are a few pictures of my new case and ever expanding upgrade cycle. It's a Custom Lian-Li A70 by Bill Owen aka MNPCTech.com.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Damn, thats one hot rig.
    The inside is really neat and the paintjob is just insane.
    :bigsmile:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Neat job, but for me those GPU cooling solutions just take up to much room, ruins the overall look of the rig internals, for me anyway! Other than that, nice job:thumbup:

11. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
  12. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
  13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Dang, that is a MASSIVE radiator. I wonder how well it works =D I didnt listen to the vid, I just watched it.

14. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    i was looking at that over @ frozen CPU and i was going to get it once i get the money for liquid, but im starting to think that i wont be able to fit it... :p

15. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    that thing is ridiculously huge! also, i thought there was going to be some sort of simple testing methodology in that loooooooong vid.. but no, all they did was slob all over the carbon fiber panel and tell you that it has fins. you know.. for heat dissipation. -_-

16. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    also: gaskets!

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    yeah.... that Monsta has been on FrozenCPU for MONTHS saying that it'll be available soon. maybe they should change it to "Available whenever we can get it".

18. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    lol :thumbup:

19. GalantVR41062

GalantVR41062 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 CF
    My rig

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/computerdesk.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/front.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/PSUHDD.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/side1.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/side2.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/GalantVR41062/back.jpg

Here a few shots of my rig and computer desk. I built a custom side unit that is bolted to my Coolmaster case. I wanted to move the PSU and HDD out of the normal tower to provide better air flow and a cleaner look. I still have some finish work to do and re-paint the case. The system specs are to the left, and I am using a EVGA 9600gt SSC for a physx card. Even though GRID and COD4 do not support physx I noticed it made game play a lot smoother and did help GRID FPS, only at night for the Le mans race, not it drops to ~45 at night and stays at 60 no matter what during the day(vsync). Also I am running a modified 3way SLi bridge, it really helps in bench runs but I have not tested in games.

~John

20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    not sure how I feel about that build, I respect the innovation and craftsmanship. But IMO having a dual side case without water cooling is just kind of silly. I understand budget issues, but down the road you should definitely consider water cooling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.