-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 2=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    give me a case just as big and i'm happy.

the lian li pc-a71b or johns stacker.

i like the psu/board/psu design.

2. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    My case is the lian li v2000 wolfman and im very happy with it.I had the v1000 before it and its a very nice case but i found it a little to cramped and wish id got a v2000 in the first place.

3. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    its nice but i want to mount my pa120.3 internally :)

thats why i want the lian li pc-a71b[​IMG]

4. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    So where do you intend to put that pa120 in that case.. or is it top secret :D

i will not copy i promise

5. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Talking about my Stacker, Wolfy? :smoke:

[​IMG]

Old picture, taken before I changed the PSU.

7. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    quoting jeremy clarckson; thats just another way of saying the doors will fall off. ;)

8. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Finishing touch on my MSI-AMD Crossfire rig

I finally received the two bridges and have them installed along with the card the was installed in the little C2D rig that whooped up on this AMD system...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    nice one Wolfy.. now i just need to find me that case in the Uk and execute your plan muhahaha :D

10. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Does that case have a slightly brown or bronze tint to it? If it does, that is sweet.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007

11. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    good luck, but if you find it and they have 2 pm me ;)

Lewis i think thats his carpet.

12. KiM6800GS

KiM6800GS Master Guru

aw.. i was looking really hard on where to find that bronze tint on the pic. and yes, it's part of the background.. it's a capret me also thinks.

13. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Very Red machine there lewislink, very ATI. Well heres my very green Nvidia machine. Ive been a busy boy this summer and so far i have ripped out my AM2 mobo and my X2 4200+ (nice overclocker :approval:) and replaced it with an XFX 680i A1 rev mobo with a Q6600 running at 3Ghz on 1.25v. I then added another 2gb of geil 800mhz DDR2 (4-4-4-12-T2) to keep vista 64 happy. Lastly i replaced my Audigy ZS platinum with an X-FI gamer sound card. Now all im waiting for is the next geforce series (call it what you will) then im good to go!

Enjoy!

PS. The dust is nasty in the picture but thats what happens when you paint it matt black :smoke:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just added this one with my case door closed - and my custom side grill.

[​IMG]

14. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    an entire matt black case is very cool. too bad about the screwless drive thingies, they look very much out of place imo.

15. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Nah i was going to paint them black too, but i thought they might end up getting stuck to the case or something just as anoying. To be honest i have never been a fan of those tooless clips as they never seem to work as well as a good old fasioned screw. They mabey comming off soon ... mabey this week, who knows!

16. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    ive never really understood the point of those things. imo, if you are too stupid to handle a screwdriver, you shouldnt have your hands on the inside of a computer.

17. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    [​IMG]

My desk all clean for once :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes i know its very messy but i cant do anything about it without cutting chunks out of the motherboard tray.

[​IMG]

my freezer 7 pro "mod", replaced the stock fan with a 120mm akasa amber series to improve airflow and make it a tad quieter.......and i need to clean my pc after looking at these pics....:O

18. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Lol aint it so :cops:

Oh and gary i found out that stuffing cables at the back of the case (as in behind the motherboard tray) helps dramatically with the cabling problem of the armor / kandalf type cases. Also Sata cables have no problems fitting in the tiny holes by the hard drive cages at the front which again helps. Its a tough case to make tidy with out cutting it but its worth the effort if you can do it. My case has taken me ages to get the cabling as is, when i first built it the ammount of cables was not pleasing to the eye.

Nice keyboard, i have the eclipse II myself and im very impressed with it, it feels soooo smooth and generally confortable to use. Oh and its sytlish to boot!

19. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    ive tried putting my cables behind the motherboard tray before but here is like no holes or anything to put anything through. i think my problem is that i have 4 hdd's and so many fans. i have just run out of speace for all the cables.

20. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    i agree that the case was poorly designed on the cabling aspect such as the molex cables wont fit in the gaps along the side although if you shave the little notch off the top of the connector then they will fit. Its a difficult case to get decent cabling with but it is do-able.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.