-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 2=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QQistan

QQistan Active Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS KO 320mb h2o
    well heres my rig
    [​IMG]
    not the best pic but it was on meh phone

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Got the case. took one pic so far. don't have time to take more/upload them, seeing as i have to be at work in 7 hours.... and still have to sleep, shower, and get ready between now and then. I might try to do something with the wires too after work prior to taking/uploading pics. was kinda difficult to work with.... might need to order an extension for the 4-pin 12v connector, seeing as for some dumb reason, in CoolerMaster's idiocity, they sent an extension for 8-pin power that has no separation ability.... and my motherboard doesn't have the space to connect that.... nor does probably ANY motherboard.

Must say though.... it's one HEAVY.... yet very quiet case. quite glad i bought it. looks very nice too. think i have to buy a fan for the HR-03 Plus on my 8800GTX though. with no fan... just being cooled by the fan on the CNPS9500AM2, the idle temp of my CPU dropped by roughly 3 degrees... while my GPU remains about the same, if not a degree higher.

WolfMan: maybe where you live it was posted at 4:40AM. i live in the US..... Eastern time zone to be exact. was 12:37PM when i posted it.

3. KiM6800GS

KiM6800GS Master Guru

i think the stacker 83X is one of the most spaceous cases that i've seen.

@ElementalDragon

where's the pic bro? i want to see your new cosmos. :beam:

4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

no it aint i need the case to be at least 50mm min bigger all way around lol

5. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    OK :O:sleep: I'm not working today :D

6. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Got my new RAM in today after my Dominators died.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    KiM6800GS: gonna have to wait a little while. it's 5:30AM here *cringe*.... have ot be at work at 7.... don't get off work till 2:30.... won't be home till quarter after 3.... then i wanna try to do something with the wires yet.... then i'll take some pics.

Must say though.... probably the only time you'll hear someone say that their case has TOO much space.

8. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  9. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
  10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Wolf: that case looks like it has just about as much space as the Cosmos. i mean... more HDD space and stuff like that.... but in the mobo/PSU area, looks about the same. Hard to say, since i don't own that Lian Li case.

Also kinda surprised to see that Lian Li case without the flipped mobo style.

Right.... case.... i'll get on that shortly, then snap some pics and get them up.

edit: taste of things to come. only pic that i got around to taking last night, since my mom wanted me to make sure it was up and running again last night if i started workin on it. also have to say i like that it has an eSATA port right on the top.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007

11. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    alright. got two pics for the time being. one is with hardware installed, the other with hardware installed and the little VGA thing over it. I'm gonna have to switch the stuff back to the way it was, because oddly enough.... my GPU temp is rising quite considerably, even with the Xtreme Turbine blowing across it somewhat. was cooler without the whole duct thing, the heatsink on the GTX wrapping around to the back of the card, and the CPU fan being the only thing cooling it. figure that one out. When i get more money... might buy a different CPU cooler that'll hopefully be able to fit a fan between it and the GTX cooler when it's behind the card..... hopefully a CPU cooler with a 120mm+ fan. if anyone has any recommendations that they know would fit in such a situation.... please state them. either that or i just get a fan grill for a 120mm fan, take the fan off the CNPS9500AM2, and slap the turbine between the two to cool both of them.....

Also intend on swapping out the two top 120mm fans with 140's.... just don't know if i want Aerocool Streamliner's, or Yate Loon's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    the case is very big :O but i still prefer my P182 Cable system :p looks cleaner.

one thing, is that passive cooler better than the stock cooling? (GTX)

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... AS a passive cooler, no. huge bastid of a heatsink get's pretty damn hot pretty damn fast. lol. was the first thing i tried when i first got it a couple months ago. with a fan... or even in my case now with the fan on the CNPS9500AM2 pulling the air through it.... it's idling around 54c. haven't tried gaming with it like this yet.

and yeah... cabling isn't very nice... but honestly i think that's mostly due to CoolerMaster's apparent goof. in order to have a good, tight, vibration-free quick release.... they had to design it so that whatever latched onto the side panel had a firm grip, and that it was pressed firmly against something. In the case of this case... that something is both the black rubber seal you see going around the opening in the case, and the metal bar that goes across the case near the top (which is where the four latches are that grab into the side panel). the other panel is exactly the same.... and it leaves next to no space to run anything between it. barely can get fan wires through it.

other than it's little quirks here and there.... i like it. it's quiet, has a nice amount of space to work with.... has the same all-metal door like the Antec P18x's have with the magnetic latch (LOVE that).... the eSATA port right up top.... plus has the space for two 140mm fans up top. would probably make a pretty nice water cooling case too. just might take some careful planning.

15. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    [​IMG]

i know it doesnt look clean but it is clean :p its just we r not supposed to see the cables on the back and the IDE cable needs to b changed lol

16. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  17. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    thats a some great lighting.. man could someone suggest some lighting for my Ultra Alum.

18. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Tried to do some re-wiring............Ooh and yeah i currently have 2x256Mb since my ram is in RMA...........:mad2:

[​IMG]

19. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thanks. I was gonna put another cathode on the bottom to shine up but it would have messed up my neatness.

P.S. Paladinchan post up a picture of your system. I have 2 12" cathodes that came together and they are green. I also have 1 blue 12" cathode. I'm willing to sell it. PM me for more info!

Scoutingwraith: You could also try to lay the cathode on the bottom of your case it it shines up. It would look good like that also.

20. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    lol we all have the zalman cooler :D it was a great performer untill ultra 120 came in :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.