The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You can save (export) your modified profiles with Inspector and import them back when you update the driver...as long as they don't make any substantial changes to the profile structure.

tensai28 likes this.
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Cool I didn't know that. Thanks guys.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    So i´ve just tried raising the voltage on my 1080Ti to see how much i can overclock it but i have a question: should i raise the voltage to 100% or should i raise it in small steps until a certain limit, like 50%? I ask this because i don´t want to fry my card while trying to find it´s max overclock...

Thanks guys.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    You wont fry it but it might crash due to getting too hot to be stable for the clock speed you are using.
    The voltage is kept within safe limits unless you have certain cards used with LN2.

Some cards work better with lower voltage. (ie lower temps with lower voltage can get higher clocks)
    Its not always a max is better solution.
    And each card is different so you need to find out what your card prefers.
    Be sure to increase your fan speed to the max you can tolerate.
    Afterburner lets you create a fan curve.
    And set power limit to max.

Look around for threads where people use the voltage/frequency curve editor in MSI Afterburner to dial the voltage in for each frequency step.
    To access the curve, in afterburner left of the clock speed adjuster is a little icon, click it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Icanium likes this.

5. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Far cry 5,
    Using last driver on 1440p and ultra(no motion blur, and FOV 95), what fps you guys are getting?

6. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I get 60-70 but I play in 3584x2016 which is much more demanding than 1440p. I'd say add a good 10 to 15fps+ on to that for 1440p but that's an estimate. The game isn't too demanding.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I'm just curious: Does anyone here have a custom design that stays silent while idle all the time?

My 1080 stayed silent all the time, but the Ti will "wake up" at some point. I'm not sure yet whether that's a design thing or just bad case ventilation... :D

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Yours probably has 0 RPM fan speed idling when below say 50c~ and you are passing a temperature threshold; therefore fans cut on.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    That’s exactly what happens. The temperature rises, slowly but steadily.
    I was just curious whether all cards have this „issue“ or not.
    My 1080 had this semi-passive mode too, and the fans never started unless I launched a game or such.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Yes.
    The Accelero Xtreme III and IV coolers fit the 1080ti and are near silent when on full blast and you can get the card to control the RPM for even less silence ;)
    I leave my fans on full all the time by connecting to 12V.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Thanks!

I guess I wasn’t clear really :D I want the fans to stay off while the card is idle, so to say.
    I do have a single case fan, CPU fan turns off when idle, PSU fan does the same (Seasonic).

The card doesn’t ever go below 7-8% power, maybe that’s too much for the heartsink to stay dead silent.

12. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    BTW, whoever that wan't a 1080 Ti at this point in time is making a mistake. The 1180 is coming soon. To hold you off you can get a 1060, but I wouldn't, and I would be patient and wait.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Well, if you need something now...

If it weren’t for Witcher 3, I might have sold my card when prices were high. Summer is here and time to game is scarce.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath to see any new card before autumn though. Nvidia has no reason to push this in any way.

14. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    This statement would be correct if the entire world lived in the same climate. People in subtropical and tropical regions aren't exactly going to be spending a lot of time outside in the summer unless they enjoy heatstrokes/dying.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Depends on what you’re used to. But I guess the „core market“ for expensive gaming stuff would be the US & Europe.
    Most games come out in autumn or around Christmas, so it’s not too far off.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Both the US and Europe have subtropical regions but you are correct that it does tend to be that way. I never understood why though.

17. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    I think its at least 30 percent faster.

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    I can sell my Asus Strix OC 1080 TI for 20% more right now than I paid for it. Mining is still killing the market in Sweden

19. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    i just hoped we already had the cards for this month and next because we have the summer sales and everything, and autum is not a good month for me since i allways im very busy at work.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Well there goes my hopes for a 1080 Ti this month, won one through ebay for only 575 euro incl shipping.

He replied a minute after when i would send the money, i said in a couple hours and if he would answer some questions.
    Haven't heard back from him, and i haven't paid the money as i think it's a scammer.

I'm specifically looking for the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme as it fits my PC with the X470 Gaming 7 WIFI motherboard from Gigabyte.
    Ebay is the only place that have them, locally i can't find them not even brand new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.