The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

1. 5thElement

5thElement New Member

GPU:
    16gb
    Still NO full support for the 1080 TI in afterburner 4.3. Screw MSI! Voltage slider is disabled STILL. Finally got my hands on 4.4 Beta 10 and am sharing it for everyone. Screw u MSI!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_zD3Swh4bi2WjBaUlRBcFFWZkU/view?usp=sharing

2. Icanium

Icanium Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz+ air silent!
    Also you can enable it in the none beta.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1625653/how-to-get-voltage-slider-in-afterburner-working-on-a-1080-ti

You could always write your own util if none suit you.
    After all, you must be superior.
    Which makes me wonder why you cant use google.

4. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Oh no! You discovered secret version that no one was suppose to know about!

In other news, you're an idiot.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sorry for the late reply: I bought an ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q and I've been absolutely loving using it for the past two weeks. G-SYNC completely transforms the gaming experience such that I wonder how I did without it for long. Seeing how much headroom my GTX 1080 Ti has over 60 Hz/60 fps is quite eye-opening even those that run at 3840x2160 via DSR, e.g. The Witcher 3 at 4K with EVERYTHING maxed, including HairWorks, runs at 50+ fps but those dips do not feel stutter or jerky or anything other than silky-smooth even during heavy combat with lots of enemies. Really, really impressive stuff IMO.

6. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Member Guru

GPU:
    980 Ti
    Thanks for the reply,sounds fantastic. Did you buy the monitor locally or online?

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Online, from Amazon here in the U.K.

8. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Hey Darren,
    Sort of a sidejack, but would you mind listing all of your technical setup as far as the Nvidia Control Panel and what software you are using for your gaming setup. I've been tinkering and at the moment I am using the 382.53 driver. I've set power globally to Adaptive and then in each individual game profile I set power to maximum. I'm using RTSS to limit frames to 140 fps. Yes I have a 144 hz gsync Acer. On my system that results in a 215 mhz desktop clock and still various gpu clocks in each game (even though I have maximum selected per profile). I'm not sure why I can't get to 144 mhz on the desktop, but like I said Nvidia drivers are a mess IMHO.

I just feel like it's a terribly complicated configuration to make it all work. I've read your posts but I'd like to know your exact approach and software settings. Also, do you feel like you have your hardware running optimally? Thanks in advance.

9. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Well I installed rhe latest MSI and higher voltage didn't seem to help anything and the forum at overclockers.net seemed to be divided as tp whether the high clocks that the increased voltage seem to allow actually increase the performance. The minimum boost clocks increased from 2025 to 2063 but intsability began and it is never worth it for undtable clocks.

In my expereisnce going from + 50 core to +55 core decreased performance in both heaven and metro benchmarks.

So I decreased core and memory from +45core and +450memory for stability sake and reduced core voltage tp +0mv.

I had a random crash in mass effect andromeda after gaming for maybe 5hrs which made me question stability and then metro benchmark crashed . Fongers crossed that it staua stable which it seems to be after reducing clocks and voltage.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  10. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    Just bought a EVGA GTX1080 Ti SC2. Is there some of you with that video card and what is your evaluation ?

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Over the last few days I have discovered one of the perils of using G-SYNC during a spell of hot weather (it is currently 25-27 C where I am in the UK) as I saw my temperatures in games soar from sub-75 C while gaming at 60 Hz/60 fps max. to as high as 86 C while playing games over the weekend at 165 Hz/100+ fps. While the temperatures stabilised at 86 C with the core dropping in speed to compensate, it was still alarming to see on an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2, a third-party card with dual fan cooling. Capping the refresh rate to 60 Hz with G-SYNC, even at 4K, brought temperatures down significantly though, so I expect this is completely normal even though I always considering my Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case to have decent cooling (the CPU never comes close to 60 C for example and the motherboard temperature remains sub-40 C).

I'm wondering if I should stick with 60 Hz during hot spells rather than risk running my card at 86 C for long periods? I don't have much room with the GPU fans either as they are running at 75-85% at the this point (though noise isn't an issue).

Is it safe to run the card at these temperatures for extended periods?

12. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Quite what 'hot weather' as you call it 25-27'c, which would probably make a lot of users on an international forum laugh, has to do with GSync is beyond me.

Also I think the GSync discussion would be better suited to another thread perhaps ? As it's not really anything specific to the 1080ti thread.
    GSync is awesome and it has always been awesome - long before the 1080ti came out.

Regarding the temps, The eVGA 1080ti SC Cooler is pretty poor imo. I was pretty disappointed with mine, if you want decent cooling you need to ramp up the fan speed... which starts to resemble a jet engine anything over 45% rpm.
    Putting an AIO cooler in it is a must for quiet gaming and stable high over clocks.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Do I really have to explain? G-SYNC allows much higher framerates of up to 165 fps vs. 60 fps on my previous setup (higher framerates = more heat), which combined with ambient temperatures that are 10 C warmer than this time last week leads to much higher temperatures during gaming than I was expecting to see on a third-party dual-fan cooler.

My post wasn't about discussing G-SYNC anyway; it was just an observation based on the timing of warmer weather and my decision to buy a monitor that would allow me to play games at over 60 fps without screen tearing after years of gaming at 60 Hz with v-sync.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz+ air silent!
    The card should last its warranty period at max temps.
    But if you want it to last longer you are wise to take better care of it.
    Do what you can to keep temps down.

I put an Accelero Xtreme III on mine which even today at room temp of 30C keeps it mid 60s with a decent overclock.
    There is no way I will allow near 80C or the noise.

ps ignore him above, theres always one.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    So Darren your chosen thread to post in about your new monitor and hot weather was the 1080ti thread, which has already been diluted enough with enough of your off topic GSync discussion.

Okay.

Aww bless

16. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Whats with all the salt?? :D

17. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Mines the same , with the hot weather we have been having my cards going sub 2000 !! ha ha ;) Its not reaching the same temps as yours though that is pretty hot but from what ive read its perfectly safe , It will start to throttle at 90 I beleive and thats when it start to drop sub stock clocks which isnt much fun. I have just made a summer fan curve and started using headphones more , unfortunately my pc is in our bedroom so when the wife is in here i have to keep the pc quiet , hot weather or not :D

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm not talking about a GTX 980 Ti or even a GTX 1080; I'm referring to a GTX 1080 Ti!!! It's not it's completely off-topic! Sheesh!

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Darren was perfectly ON-topic, unlike that other guy's uncalled–for and off-topic "remark". :thumbup:

Btw 4k gaming rises my FE card's temps to 77-79'C@90% fan..

I blame our hot weather! Damn you summer! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    @ Darren thats a bit to high to be honest, i agree its hot weather here as well in the Netherlands, 34c, but that temp should not be that high @ a fixed fps and 60 hz plus a custom third party cooler.

My sli setup gpu 2 will do about 75c and gpu 1 is reaching 84c now, normally [80-81]
    But when i go on 60 fps [4k DSR] my both gpu,s wont go higher as 79c [on 4k]