The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Member

GPU:
    4x GTX Titan X (Pascal)
    Time for some 4x GTX-1080 Ti vs 4x Titan XP madness! :banana:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    800€ isn't exactly a bad price though, and seems to be about average based on prices here.

OCUK seems to be the cheapest at £689 which is 791€, so 9€ isn't exactly the end of the world unless it's north of that by a large amount.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    @ Tj, instead of getting that zotac i think its best to get a FE, in the future if you want to get a waterblock or custom cooler for it it might interfere with this and that. At least with the FE you are sure there will be plenty of custom cooling solutions to choose from without any fear of incompatibilities. The power delivery is more than capable even on the FE, for pascals "crippled" oc.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Nah I won't go water or buy extra cooler, not comfortable modding it like that. :)

Yeah I was about to make a pre-order there @ amazon.co.uk for 699 or £719 with post to my country.
    But idk think I'll just wait for custom for now, 1 month up or down not in a hurry.. Well from what I saw its a bit pricey atm, basically everywhere pre-order.

The cheapest FE was ~ 782€ in one German Shop though, but by quick look its not a known shop.

Will see if that buyer decides to wait a bit. Hopefully:nerd:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    500Euros?! Holy hell, this guy lives in a cave or what lol... Does he have a family member who wants a 980-Ti too? :3

Hopes the guy realize that Maxwell is 2years old, otherwise in 2 weeks he'll be at your doorstep with a shotgun lol. Ok, i'm being a bit too creative here!

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well, its a bit pricey in general here.

But I didnt sell it just yet, Im in contact atm, said need to think a bit what I will do now if I sell it.. Shame there is no custom 1080TI yet.. :infinity:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    which country is it? At 500euros i might cover my train ticket back and forth, lol.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He's Serbian. Eastern parts of the EU get shafted, hardware is expensive.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well big congrats! That's an awesome price!

Umm, I wouldn't get that Zotac :) If it comes to leaf blower coolers, nVidia does it best, I think that Zotac will be very loud.

What? First they say end of March, then beginning of April and now END of April?

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    And there it's still more expansive than in the UK or the US I guess. Same here in Austria with prices, they are close to German ones.

At least you could pick up your waterblocks from EKWB locally then :D

edit: any of you planning on doing the power limit mod?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Don't need one of these cards as the GTX 1080 is fine for 98% of the games I'm playing at 2560x1440 allowing for maxed out settings at mostly 60 fps. Of course, that logic and commonsense does not stop me wanting one but, thankfully, if I did buy one then I would want one with a custom cooler as the one on my current card has been terrific, resulting in much lower temperatures than I was previously seeing with reference cards. Since these cards are not yet available then it's easy to resist an impulse purchase. If I do buy one, and I may well decide not to and wait for GTX 1180 instead, then it won't be until June at the earliest anyway, at which point my GTX 1080 would be close to a year old.

£700 is a lot of money to pay for a graphics though even accounting for the fact that I could get some back on my GTX 1080 when I sell it. It seems like every year when a new high end non-Titan card comes out that it costs £80 more than the previous year.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    heheh that's true - was mostly thinking about Predator 240 XLR or this new version when it gets released soon, its ~ 20km away :D

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe that's cool :D

I'll probably stick to EK and will get myself block + backplate once I've made my mind on what card I'll take to put it under water.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I gave this a good amount of thinking over the past week, and in the end I decided to pass. I'll skip this generation of GPUs and instead invest in a g-sync monitor.

I'll wait and see what "Big Pascal" (or whatever they'll call it) will bring to the table.

I was *SO* close to clicking the "order now" button on a 1080Ti though... Really close.

16. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    simply don't have any more children to sell to buy this card

17. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, at least those you could make at home :D

Thanks for sharing, interesting read! I'm curious to see what they will do with the custom cards (if they will put them under water also and see if they indeed got a golden sample form Nvidia). Also, it's cool that they stated how to access the voltage controller via Unwinder's 3rd party hardware support for AB.

19. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    They just want to milk the consumers money with the 1080 Ti until the new geforce comes out late in the year. gl

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Say what? :eek:
    Oh noes! Who would have thought that they want to make money selling a GPU before the next generation comes around? :wanker:

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.