The GTX 1080 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bugsixx, May 7, 2016.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    If you can have nowinstock.net open in a browser all day long like I did you might be able to snag one before they get sold out. It took me about 10 days of that before I finally got to one within the 5 minutes they seem to take to sell out every time they are put up on a website.

2. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Thanks for your advise. How do you like your asus strix card?

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It's very good. The one I was able to find in stock (briefly!) was the non OC Strix, ie the exact same pcb and cooler just no factory overclock. I currently have it set at the same core clock as the OC version with an extra +450 on the Memory. I was able to replicate the same clocks that HH did in the Guru3D review and had it running stable, but it was a bit hotter then I liked so I lowered it. I have some better case fans here that I need to find time to install to improve my mediocre airflow in my current case. Even if I leave the clocks as they are it still handles all the games I want to play just fine on Ultra settings @ 4k (just have to lower or turn off AA for the most demanding ones).

4. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I just got my gtx 1080 and I'm only getting 18109 in firestrike, isn't that several thousand short of what it should be?

Or when people talk about their scores are they referring to the graphics score specifically?, mine was 22k.

Overclocked I got 19364. Based on the guru3d review of the g1 card my founders edition is getting 30 points lower than that when my card is overclocked and the g1 is at stock.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Thanks, I'm glad that means my system isn't running poorly.

6. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I've got to say, I'm pretty happy with the card, I was really pissed when I had to swap from the G1 to the founders edition but the boost clocks are probably the same either way so performance wise it doesn't matter.

Firestrike score overclocked is 23941.

Playing crysis 3 maxed with 8MSAA with a 60 frame minimum is just insane and not something I thought I would see for a few more years.

I can't wait to see how metro last light runs

7. Jysoul

Jysoul Guest

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
  8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    /nvm

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, but none is in stock(3-4weeks+ for availability) and that FE card I can get it in a week.

Also is about 65-75euros cheaper than cheapest custom one shipping included.

Anyhow, I never really liked reference cards anyway.

If I manage to resist buying this, all the better for me. :p

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am very disappointed in NVIDIA at the moment with the GTX 1080 launch.

There seems to be enough (overpriced!!!) Founder's Edition cards to satisfy people's demand for those at the moment since there's always some in stock even, here in the UK, (unless people are not buying them because they are waiting for the non-reference cards or think they are too expensive?) but the non-reference cards are still almost impossible to get hold of despite the fact the GTX 1080 launched almost SIX WEEKS AGO!

I'm beginning to wonder if I will get mine before NVIDIA announce their next high end GTX 1080 Ti!!!

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Just won an auction on FleeBay for a FE GTX 1080 for 500euros!!

The seller seems communicative so far but has 0 ratings so I will be extra careful.

Hope all goes well and I finally join the GTX 1080 club! :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That would be a steal lol, I would be extra careful if I were you. But if all goes well then it's a jackpot all the way. :gape:

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Just paid.

After my recent ordeal on Ebay with a scammer which led to 1100+ euros been withheld for almost 1 month, I hope I won't regret it. Again.

Thank you Ebay Guarantee. :p

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Keep us posted :D

15. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    My 1080 OC scored 15207 in Firestrike, this is like 4k bellow the Guru3D score, should i be worried about my CPU?

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That's lower than my stock 1070 run mate, OC that CPU mate see what happens.

Or is that Firestrike Extreme!?

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Is this your Graphic score or overall score? It's pretty weird, can you give the link to the benchmark result?

Your graphic score should be above 21.6K.

18. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Can't OC this CPU any more, it gets unstable and shuts down, i guess i got bad chip. :\

It's the score that pops inside the circle, normal Firestrike.

I did another test, here's the link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9210838

EDIT: I took a screenshot while benchmarking, it's a 1440p screenshot, which is what my desktop resolution is, dunno if this is the reason (being doing benchmark at 1440p instead of 1080p).

19. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Blimey that sucks and your only at 4.2!

I run 1440p as well, doesn't matter, the benchmark will run what ever it's preset to run.

What are your temps like on the GPU? Is it boosting up? You def running PCIe 3.0 x16?

Really not sure what's up with your card, what drivers are you running?

Edit,

Looking at your score you linked I think it'd your CPU as your physics scores are low. Your GPU score beats my 1070 by a few thousand, but my physics scores destroys yours as I'm running 4.7 and 8 threads

Try some games mate synthetic benchmarks might not be good for you as your on i5 and you'll think your getting a problem when possibly your not