The GTX 1080 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bugsixx, May 7, 2016.

1. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    My cards i don`t know why don`t come back to 2d clock when i exit some game or even at desktop

The issue is that one card is not boosting the core and the voltages, i can see at AB monitor thet the cards stays with complete different clocks when gaming

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Did you use DDU to uninstall old drivers before installing gpus? Some gpu usage info would be helpful.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Okay, thank you.

I even forgot how to enable this graph :) What I dont understand is why increasing voltage does not affect the core clock?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is NORMAL to see different clocks, they depend on GPU load. And even if there were 100% equal load patterns (which is never having place in reality), the clocks can be different due to different operating voltages.

5. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    It happens immediately, i found this playing with AB now, if i select to desync cards make a change at the one that is not boosting and apply and sync again everything goes normal

Mayse an AB bug so?

Thanks for helping me

6. Unwinder

That's not AB bug. That's a bug in understanding. You CANNOT sync clocks with AB on GPU Boost capable cards. You can sync clock OFFSETS (i.e. expect that both cards run 100MHz faster than default for example), but you CANNOT sync exact absolute clock values and cannot expect seeing both cards running at exactly the same clocks.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    But Unwinders video posts proof that increasing voltage does not increase core speed, at least not in his case. I do get 12MHz more if I max out my voltage :)

8. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    My 970 died 2 weeks ago, so using iGPU while it's on RMA. Been waiting for a Hybrid 1080 to upgrade even before it died. Keep getting pushed back. Did hear from Gigabyte (Have a G1 970 so RMA through them) the 1080 WaterForce is coming to the US in 2 weeks. Seems to meet the time frame for EVGA's Hybrid as well.

Even been trying to get a FTW/SC since hybrids aren't out and iGPU is torture.

9. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    First of all sorry for double posting, it won`t happen again

I installed the EVGA Precision for the 1000 series and the issue has gone, but i really don`t like that software so i cleaned the afterburner folders and registry and installed agaiin, now the bug has gone, AB is working like a charm, both cards running equal, boosting the core and the voltage like it was when i had the 980TI SLi

Thanks for helping and sorry again

10. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    This is a question i would like to know

Here it happens the same, if i increase the voltage the core boosts also but it just happen with AB, with the new EVGA Precision it does not really matter the voltage, the core stay the same

11. nateluthje

nateluthje Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080 SLI
    Got my 2 x asus strix 1080's yesterday..found out that they didn't come with sli bridges! So I have ordered a LED bridge because I can't find any HB bridges, there are some in america but I don't like my chances! REALLY happy with the performance even just running on 1 card atm, with 4K g-sync compatible monitor everything is smooth as silk on ultra @4K 55-60fps in the witcher 3 etc...way to go nvidia!:)

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I had to change my order from a G! card to a founder edition because for the second time the ETA they gave me was wrong, at least they priced match and my card is being sent now but I'm pretty pissed.

I've had several reference cards in a wor and was looking forward to the G1.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me... :puke2:

Do you have two old bridges? If you combine two old you'll get the same performance as one HB bridge. The HB bridge is basically two normal ones.

Watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcsaociTjE (7:44)

14. Unwinder

That's entirely not true and you're totally misunderstanding GPU Boost again. And no, that is not specific to AB, that's how NVIDIA's overvoltage is supposed to work with GPU Boost 3.0.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    From what I've gathered the 1080 has little to no coil whine.

I noticed yesterday when lowering the volume of my speakers that something was buzzing and it was the card, I was playing DS3 at that time. I did another test with Heaven and the buzzing was there to but not when watching a DOTA 2 match.

Sigh :/ It's pretty loud but not so loud that I hear it when gaming normally. Strange though that I didn't hear it until now.

16. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Does anyone have the EVGA FTW? My question is, can you see the LED lights thru the mesh in the back plate?

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I've been trying to buy a GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming for two weeks now, and I still can't find any in stock anywhere. One online store is willing to get it for me if I order it, but they add $100 extra to the price..

Newegg has it at the lowest price, but they are constantly on "auto notify" mode. Anyone have any tips on how I can get one of these damn things?

19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I used nowinstock.net to get my Strix, and that still took a week+ to finally get one before they were sold out.

20. nateluthje

nateluthje Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080 SLI
    I recently aquired 2 x asus 1080 strix. Still waiting on the brdge though, It did NOT come with the cards. Even with 1 1080 strix I am able to play "the division"
    @4K ultra 40FPS. With my 28" g-sync monitor it runs as smooth as silk alll the time.

Can't wait unti. the bridge arrives and I can SLI these card. AWESOME!

Nate