The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The temp limit is how warm the card gets until it has to throttle or slow down the card to get to reasonable levels. With mine I set the power Level , Voltage, and Temp limit to the max that Afterburner allows. Then make my adjustments to the Core and memory clocks to get the max OC the card can support. It makes it easier to find the max OC of the card by maxing the 1st 3 sliders. To enable the core voltage it's under settings and I think it is called allow extreme overclocking which enables you to adjust the card's voltage. Also if you want to you can setup a custom fan curve to allow the fans to kick on earlier than 60C or what ever Asus has the card set to for the fans to kick on.

Here is a posting by the Author himself of Afterburner about temp limit.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/temp-limit-not-a-limit.407793/#post-5281074

2. khrl06

khrl06 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070
    Hi,
    Got a chance to troubleshoot after so long. Tough month.

The problem solved after I clean pcie pins with isorophyl alcohol as you suggested.

Now the card detected 16x3.0 and no more random black screen. Has been testing for few days now. BF1 and Witcher 3 run smoothly.

Koniakki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.