The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khrl06

khrl06 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070
    Hi,

I got no other choice at that time with limited budget.

Unfortunately, since few days ago the card stop working after 1 month.

No display output through Display Port and HDMI even at Bios while the same monitor is working with Integrated graphic.

I already try different cable and reinstall Windows but still the same.

Should I RMA the card?

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I was going to answer on Sunday but caught up with some stuff. And since no one replied.. :)

Does the card power up at all? Or it's completely(or seemingly) dead? I would it powers up since you were expecting/waiting signal from it.

Well, assuming software troubleshooting is being taken care of(since a fresh Windows installation was done), tried different drivers, DDU, no drivers at all installed etc..

The we must turn to hardware troubleshooting.

Check power cables,
    try different pci-e power cables,
    if psu(assuming it is, since you tried different cable) is modular and has another pci-e power slot to plug the cable, try that,
    try removing the card and re-inserting it,
    cleaning the pci slot with some compressed air,
    carefully inspect/clean the graphics card gold pci-e pins,
    try a different motherboard pcie slot(usually the second one),
    trying a different gpu(if available) on the same cables/pcie slot/system to see if that works properly,
    try the card on a different system or a friends system,
    etc

If none of the above helps/works(not particularly in that order) and the card I assume it's still under warranty, then my opinion is either talk to customer support or go straight to rma if possible.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    khrl06 likes this.
  3. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I want to overclock my GPU, but it's been a very long time since I had to overclock a GPU. I have the ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070. My default settings are:

[​IMG]

It overclocks itself until the set 'Temp limit', is that how it works?

What would a safe overclock be? Currently running at 80 degrees C at 100% load in Superposition Benchmark 1080p extreme. And what is a safe temperature limit while we're at it?

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The temp limit is how warm the card gets until it has to throttle or slow down the card to get to reasonable levels. With mine I set the power Level , Voltage, and Temp limit to the max that Afterburner allows. Then make my adjustments to the Core and memory clocks to get the max OC the card can support. It makes it easier to find the max OC of the card by maxing the 1st 3 sliders. To enable the core voltage it's under settings and I think it is called allow extreme overclocking which enables you to adjust the card's voltage. Also if you want to you can setup a custom fan curve to allow the fans to kick on earlier than 60C or what ever Asus has the card set to for the fans to kick on.

Here is a posting by the Author himself of Afterburner about temp limit.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/temp-limit-not-a-limit.407793/#post-5281074

5. khrl06

khrl06 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070
    Hi,
    Got a chance to troubleshoot after so long. Tough month.

The problem solved after I clean pcie pins with isorophyl alcohol as you suggested.

Now the card detected 16x3.0 and no more random black screen. Has been testing for few days now. BF1 and Witcher 3 run smoothly.

Koniakki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.