The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    Ran a couple of in game tests before bed last night, I am amazed at how big of an upgrade it actually is over the 970. I used DDU before installing and so far everything seems to be running smooth on the latest beta driver that doesn’t self uninstall...

signex and Koniakki like this.
  2. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Over a 970.. Not saying anything bad about the 970.. Purely performance wise over the 1070Ti.. Yeah. I would bet its the same "feeling" going from a 980Ti to a 1080Ti! :p

Dont forget to install AFTERBURNER or EVGA PRECISION and check stock performance results/scores with Hilbert's or others if everything is ok.

If all checks out, set a nice profile(got a FE too and I always set min 60-80% fan speed in gaming to stay below 70-75'C, but that's just me.) or curve in AFTERBURNER and Happy Gaming.. :D

maikai likes this.
  3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    I just realized I scored this at less then original MSRP :D

4. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    In the opening post I saw pic of a nvidia card. One fan means less noise. Instead of 3 fans on most them cards.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    A friend helped me out, and I got a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti ordered for around $400.
    Should have it sometime next week.

My 970 will go into my secondary PC for my wife.

Koniakki likes this.
  6. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Im thinking its at least 30 percent faster.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/27022168
    [​IMG]

New OC : 2126mhz / 9066mhz.
    Watch Dogs 2 max temp 47C
    Might try to nudge mem a lil more to 9200mhz tomorrow...so far very happy.:)

Update: Negative, at +450mhz...WD2 freeze ctd.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    No. One fan means it must work harder and spin faster. And that generates more noise. 2 or 3 fans do not need to spin fast to get same result. Loudest cards I've owned have all been single fan designs (GTX470, 8800GTS).

9. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Wow 400 bucks only ? That is a good deal my friend, nice grab.

10. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Well I set mine one and only fan to 39 percent. The idle temps are the same, and I game at 39 percent, I can't even hear the card when I play and my highest temp was 64c while playing Unreal Tournament Alpha.

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I thought +450 on the vram was unstable for gaming but it was something else and I got it sorted.
    WD2, Witcher 3, played awesome yesterday with it and benchmark apps are stable.

So 2126 mhz / 9104 mhz is my new oc (i only gained on the core going from 1.05v vs 1.09v using an extreme bios and unlocking 1.09v using AB) card feels a lot more stable so yey!...max temps 48C...i luv this card. :D
    Correction, the extreme bios didn't really have anything to do with it, as I would've hoped.
    Decided to keep it as it's the latest dated.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Hey Dragondale13, what was the issue which you sorted if I may ask? Might help some. I'm interested also if it helps root out any causes for any issues which previously believed to be vram OC instabilities.

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Never mind...it's 398 drivers...+450 only stable with drivers before those unfortunately....398 I have to use 9066 mhz (+425).

Koniakki likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My card arrived to day while I was at work.
    Got home and installed it. Updated my drivers... and tried out a few titles. Very happy.

Also, damn this thing is big. It's easily an inch longer then my 970, and it took me a while to find a 8 pin connector cable in my closet (where I store extra parts and stuff). Almost to the point I got frustrated.
    But, very pleased so far.

signex likes this.
  15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I got the Inno3D 1070 Ti iChill 3X HerculeZ, i think i expected too much of this card, it's already running at 2050mhz on the core.
    This card struggles a bit at 3440x1440. :( Of course i didn't expect ultra settings with this card, but medium/high and some games still won't reach at least 50fps with high settings like AC: Origins.

I could get a 1080 Ti next month if i can get my hands on one for less then 800 euro.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Correction, 398.11 doesn't crash with vram @ 9104mhz for whatever reason....I have the excuse 398.18 is a beta. :p
    2126mhz / 9104mhz remains :D

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Personally id look for a 1070 ti for a little bit more. When ocd its on par with stock 1080.

18. khrl06

khrl06 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070
    Hi,

I got no other choice at that time with limited budget.

Unfortunately, since few days ago the card stop working after 1 month.

No display output through Display Port and HDMI even at Bios while the same monitor is working with Integrated graphic.

I already try different cable and reinstall Windows but still the same.

Should I RMA the card?

19. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I was going to answer on Sunday but caught up with some stuff. And since no one replied.. :)

Does the card power up at all? Or it's completely(or seemingly) dead? I would it powers up since you were expecting/waiting signal from it.

Well, assuming software troubleshooting is being taken care of(since a fresh Windows installation was done), tried different drivers, DDU, no drivers at all installed etc..

The we must turn to hardware troubleshooting.

Check power cables,
    try different pci-e power cables,
    if psu(assuming it is, since you tried different cable) is modular and has another pci-e power slot to plug the cable, try that,
    try removing the card and re-inserting it,
    cleaning the pci slot with some compressed air,
    carefully inspect/clean the graphics card gold pci-e pins,
    try a different motherboard pcie slot(usually the second one),
    trying a different gpu(if available) on the same cables/pcie slot/system to see if that works properly,
    try the card on a different system or a friends system,
    etc

If none of the above helps/works(not particularly in that order) and the card I assume it's still under warranty, then my opinion is either talk to customer support or go straight to rma if possible.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    khrl06 likes this.
  20. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I want to overclock my GPU, but it's been a very long time since I had to overclock a GPU. I have the ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070. My default settings are:

[​IMG]

It overclocks itself until the set 'Temp limit', is that how it works?

What would a safe overclock be? Currently running at 80 degrees C at 100% load in Superposition Benchmark 1080p extreme. And what is a safe temperature limit while we're at it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.