The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2113/8996
    Oh ok. I get ya.

2. superzeus

superzeus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 gaming X
    Hii to all, i judt get an msi 1070 gaming x from amazon and i get the micron memory and i am upset but i manage to oc to
    Core +105
    Mem +700
    In fire strike but i try the time spy bench and i start to have a lot of issues the card clock down and simple wont run the bench so i lower the oc ram to 500 and pass whit no problems, so i download the bios fix from msi page and i was reading the instructions and says the card wil up grade this bios 86.04.50.xx but in gpu z shows i have the latest bios just out of the box but i decided to run the actualization but nothing happens nothing change i believe the card came whit the bios up grade already installed, well any way i will keep testing my card.

3. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Can someone help?
    I've had my 1070 for a few months and from day one I've noticed short horizontal lines randomly flicker on the screen. It doesn't happen often and is more noticeable on the desktop. After some research I have read that 1070 cards that have GDDR 5 micron ram could have a voltage issue. Apparently an updated firmware addresses the issue.

My card has this type of ram, so my question is has anyone else had this problem and if so, did the updated firmware fix it for them?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  4. superzeus

superzeus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 gaming X
    Mmm don't know really but if was me i will updated the bios to the latest , check in the page of PNY

5. superzeus

superzeus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 gaming X
    I hav micron and i don't have that problem, so far i know the problem is on the oc with micron

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 4GB
    vga plays fifa 17 at 4k and farcry primal at 1440p no problem, some other games at 4k aswell, a beast of a card

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ 2126/6156 H2O
    Good God , i put up for sale my GTX 1070 today for $349 US Dollars and not even 5 minutes later i sold the video card :eek: . If you guys want to make a quick buck , the GTX 1070 are selling at an average of $500US Dollars on ebay and slightly less at the forums from $349US to $450US :eek2: , . Newegg it's price gouging big time on the GTX 1070. Have you guys seen this $997.77US Dollars GTX 1070 lol at newegg in pictures below. This mining thing is craaazyyy ... people mining are buying this video cards like there's no tomorrow.

[​IMG]

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Sold a GTX1070 a couple weeks ago for 400US. Took maybe 10mins to sell.The guy was a miner and he was buying every GTX1070 he could find.

9. krugern

krugern Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 SLI
    Aye, I am buying 1070's myself. A total of 13 now.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    13 GTX 1070 not bad at all,are they hard to find in Norway cheap or the prices veryhigh.Do you have to look in other places like Denmark for them.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I don´t know if this is the correct place to post this but i´m having a serious problem. Every time i play some demanding game, like Witcher 3, Doom or Deus EX, the games crash to the desktop or the system crashes entirely. I´m using a recent Windows install, I´ve tried installing different drivers, i´ve used GPU tests and another stuff i googled but nothing works!!!
    I´m starting to think that maybe my 1070 is broken but i don´t know how i can be sure...

I can really use some advice/help because i don´t know what to do right now except returning the card...

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Is your card/system overclocked? Does this only happen recently and was fine before? Also, install Afterburner and check the temps you are getting with the demanding titles.

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    My CPU is overclocked to 5,0 Ghz but the card is at stock settings. Before this didn´t happen but i also didn´t play this type of games because i was saving them for when i had my new monitor...
    I already used MSI Kombuster to test the GPU and the temps don´t go over 65 degrees.

Maybe i can try do add some voltage to the CPU although it already passed stress tests.

14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070FTW
    try dropping that 5ghz overclock to 4.5 or even stock

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Yeah this might be it, I often found "rock solid" OCs to be not so solid with certain games. Happened with CPU and GPU OCs.

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    Well i had already thought about that possibility but this afternoon i stress tested the CPU again with CPU-Z and had convinced myself that the CPU OC wasn´t the problem.
    I´m gonna try to reduce the clocks or add more voltage to the CPU to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the quick help guys!

17. jura11

jura11 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti +2*1080 FE EK
    Hi H83

Try lower OC on CPU as first as guys suggested to you already

Stress testing with CPU-Z not sure if I would use that or say this is good stress testing SW, you want to use Asus Realbench or Prime95 or OCCT 4.4.2, don't use 4.5.0 this will put lots of heat which you will never see in any application

CPU-Z stress test is not good enough as for stress testing, try above these SW and you will see if you are will be stable

I have saw in my case,in Mass Effect Andromeda I needed add bit more vCore around 0.050v to 1.315v but strangely in other games like is Deus Ex Mankind Divided and few others I can run easy 1.30v

Same can apply for other rendering SW which I use, in Corona or in C4D renderers I'm easy using 1.295v or 1.30v as max but in Poser FireFly I need push vCore to 1.325v

Due this I would recommend try other SW which will put lots of stress on CPU because CPU-Z will never put such amount of stress on CPU like others, just have opened monitoring SW like HWiNFO and check temperatures and compare this to other SW

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2113/8996
    I just checked prices for the GTX 1070 and they go for around $460-480 bucks depending on the manufacturer and thats on Newegg. Which is $15 bucks more than what I paid for my card @ $480 for the EVGA FTW edition version of the GTX 1070.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017