The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Usually fan holding screws have seal over them, so it probably will void warranty.
    Vendors might overclock cards a bit too high, which causing temperature issues.

Also, nothing wrong with under-clocking and under-volting card a bit. You lose a bit of performance for a major temperatures and voltage draws.
    You might even improve performance by undervolting card, since you won't be hitting temp threshold, which cause massive clock drops.

If limiting frames doesn't fix temperature issues, consider downclocking a bit.

2. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3070 OC
    Try undervolting. I am able to run my 1070 at 1900MHz 900mV memory at 9000MHz.

3. khrl06

khrl06 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070
    GALAX confirm changing thermal paste will void warranty. Here is their reply.

To:
    Cc:

Sent: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 at 11:24 a.m.
    Subject: 回覆: GALAX GTX 1070 Mini

Hello,

Thanks for your support.

If you change the thermal paste, you will void the warranty.

Best Regards,

GALAX

I'll try to under volt and check how low it can go. It look like the card is throttled because it will down clock to 16XXMhz during gaming. Maybe due to high temp.

Will report back the result after under volt.

Thanks.

4. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Got my Palit Jetstream GTX 970 about a month ago. Quite happy despite running a 2500k. FPS in PUBG went from around 60fps to 100fps though I can feel it bottlenecking every now and then. Might have to invest in a used 3770k to unlock PCI-E 3.0 and more cores.

BIOS was already up to date as my card had the micron chips. I've noticed a bit of stutter when using G-Sync in windowed mode. I never had this with my 970 so I'm a little bit disappointed. I'm hoping that this is a bug with the Fall Creators Update and not the card as I updated soon after I put this card in my rig.

So far the max temp is 70 degrees which is 10 degrees cooler than my Palit 970 ran. Whatever they've done to improve the heat sinks has clearly worked and then some!

5. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2070 s
    I had read where there was a 1070 ti being released for $400. I have yet to find one.

6. awatz

awatz Member

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    got my 1070 last week replacing my R9 380. havent used a nvidia card since the 8800gt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

blitz72 and Solfaur like this.
  7. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    @awatz
    Looks beautiful!

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Typing this message on my new GTX1070 laptop, using mini-Displayport to my 4K monitor. :)

signex likes this.
  9. andreww

andreww New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R5-230A-CL
    Question. I wiped and reinstalled Win 10 (fresh start). THEN my GTX 1070 is not being recognized. Left click on desktop and the Intel 530 is the dominator. Tried to uninstall 530 plus delete it (simultaneously) [which actually occurred] but on restart the 530 got auto reinstalled and thus dominated again: no recognition of GTX again.
    I used DDU and have the updated GTX drivers installed.

SOO...
    What is the procedure to make my GTX be recognized first every/ all the time?
    Will DDU (the intel choice) remove the 530 or do i want to do that at all?

10. awatz

awatz Member

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1070 EXOC
    Check your bios and see if you can disable the 530

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I'm moving up to 1440p and ordered this Ti as it was on sale this weekend. It's normally the price of an entry level 1080, but got it for a little less than upper level 1070 price.

blitz72 likes this.
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Has anyone ever tried to dampen coil whine by putting a strip of thermalpad over the coils?

My 1070 has coil whine even at 60 fps, though it's more of a buzz at 60. When going to 300+ it turns into a squeal.

I use the Arctic Accelero Xtreme 4 is cooler, so the coils are fully exposed. So there is actually enough room underneat, but i have no idea how i would keep the pad in place. A cable tie around the card won't work because the heatsink on the back get fairly hot.

13. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Haven't posted for a while but here's a pic of my latest upgrade MSI Seahawk 1070 EK X, picked it up on Ebuyer for £380 in the sales, quite pleased with that price considering it sells for £480 in most other places here in the UK, shame I had a leak in my system tho, ended having to replace a radiator and a pump as well but finally got it all setup last night :D

[​IMG]

14. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    any toughts on the 1070 ti, I'm planing to buy one for someone who don't do any overclok on a gpu at all, is asus a good brand for them?

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC

16. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    yeah wtf i really regret not buying one at 489 when i saw it, now they are 1000 wtf is going on with the prices.

17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    oh come one miners, gtfo, buy asic miners or something else

20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    ASICs are useless for ETH mining, which is what's driving sales. Ethereum's price has skyrocketed of late (it's now $1200 - it was $800 a month ago), and ETH mining is now more profitable than it has ever been. Like before, gamers are out of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.