The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Please keep this kind of red mist pollution out of this thread, if possible. Or at least link some reliable sources. I mean it's just common courtesy nowadays to back up what you punch through your keyboard.

2. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Well his rig was red so thats why I said what I said. :) Not to mention, if he is going to sell off his gear in about a week we will know for sure as per the website's news. I would post sources but it seems like w cc f is not reliable enough?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Who cares?

Literally has nothing to do with the topic and the only one bringing it up is you.

Read the title, 1070 thread. Not spit out rumors about AMD cards.:3eyes:

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Someone should go post the below to the RX 480 thread! :D

The GTX1080Ti is coming out and might be better than RX490 it might even be better than Radeon Pro Duo and comes out in 2 months!

Here are the things we know for sure, thanks to previous leaks and NVIDIA's own documents:

It will target the 4K resolution and be the go-to graphics card for VR.
    It will have a bus width greater than 256 bits.
    It will be based on either Pascal GP102 design or Pascal GP100.
    It will probably cost a lot more vs the targeted price point of the AMD RX 490.
    It will offer a lot more performance vs the competing segment cards.

5. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

yes my post was off topic, but not by alot! Red is red.. LOL! Not to mention, he did post about getting RID of his 1070s, all I did did was make a reference to a g possible great upgrade. Big whoop that its not an Nvidia card, but an AMD one! If we use your methodology of what constitutes correct posting etiquette, when someone else suggested 1080, you should have said the same! :D

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    No he didn't. He just said he went from 2 cards to 1 because of M-GPU being unsupported in some of his games.

Then you go and talk about rumors of an AMD card because he has red leds?
    Then you are also recommending a card that will be a dual GPU based. Did you not read his post?

Jeeze nothing you are saying makes any sense.

7. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I don't know if this is the right place for asking, but since the holidays are upon us here in the states, I just wanted to know, have you 1070 owners been satisfied with your purchase? The reviews have been mostly glowing, to the point of near hyperbole it seems, and I just wanted an honest answer from end users. I'm currently on a GTX 560 with a slight factory OC and I need to upgrade soon. The 1070 is my first choice if I can spot a good deal somewhere.

Also if any of you could chime in on the more budget-oriented 1060, that'd be nice, since I'll be sticking with a 1080p 60Hz display for the foreseeable future. Will I have buyer's remorse if I go cheap with a 6GB 1060? Thanks and sorry if this should have been in a different thread.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I've bought mine on release and have 0 buyer's remorse (and believe me I know what that felt like with my 680s). It's simply the best bang for buck for a sort of "entry level high end" card. I would highly get the 1070 before a 1060 since the price difference is not that big, but it's certainly more future proof, from vram perspective alone (even if it's just 1080p).

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I had a few GTX 1070 pass through the last months and all were great cards, felt a lot better with that 8GB buffer and I have nothing but positive experience with the GP104 GTX 1070.

Unless price is the absolute factor here, one could go for a very cheap used or good priced new GTX 980Ti if possible.

I know, many wouldn't recommend it over the GTX 1070 because, obviously it doesn't make much sense over the GTX 1070 for the known reasons.

But if a 980Ti isn't available for a really good price(well below the GTX 1070) then I highly recommend the GTX 1070 over the GTX 1060 without a doubt.

+1 This.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  10. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2145-7550
    Zero buyer's remorse, awesome card (GamerRock). Managed to sell my 980 Ti for a good price and in some games the 1070 is even a bit faster. Power consumption and noise wise it was a good move too.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My 1070 is a great card. No issue at all with it. 100% would buy again over a 1080.

12. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Finaly got my card quite happy with it so far pain to install in my 900D card is quite wide.

13. Red River

Red River Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti
    yay!
    I've got no regrets. look at my sparklingly new system!
    there's nothing it can't handle right now :p

14. LongWayRunner

LongWayRunner Banned

GPU:
    EVGA
    Pascal Bios Tweaker due in December according to XS systems member. He`s been right in the past. Which also aligns with 490x and Zen, cant be coincidence.

15. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    Very happy with my Palit GameRock Premium, it is so quiet even under load and 65 is the highest I have seen the temps go.

I got the G panel as well, I was wondering if it's possible to hack the G Panel and change what is shown on the display, it covers most of the things you would expect like clock speeds fan speeds and temps but it would be nice to add FPS.

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    Very happy with my watercooled 1070 also, though that may change if I ever get a 3440*1440 100Hz monitor, may consider an upgrade then.

17. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 GTX
    Ok so I messed with the overclocking a bit. After the bios update for my gigabyte G1

It started at 2175 or something then dropped to 2126 core @ +175, and 9000 mem @ +500 using MSI afterburner. I pushed the power and temp to there max but left the core voltage alone.

Seems stable, not artifacting after a couple hours of just leaving it running. I finally broke the 4000 valley score with 4045. Temp was 56 degrees C. Played some Assetto corsa and GTA V, no crashing or glitches.

The core boost gave me higher FPS max, while the memory gave me a higher min fps. I wasn't really watching so I'm not 100% sure how that worked, I only payed attention to the voltage and heat.

Tried just pushing the core and leaving the memory alone, but it artifacted after +100 core only.

I think I'll stop there, 2.1ghz is what I was going for.

I did the valley benchmark thing and it gave me 4045 for a score using the extreme HD setting.

Is that the norm everyone is getting?

My CPU is at 4ghz, not 4.3 btw I lowered it as I didn't see any real benefit for what I do.

I really like this card though, very good price to performance ratio. Works well with my vive. I'd pair up another for SLI if the support was there, especially for VR.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  18. ArkyPT

ArkyPT New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 Gamin
    Im also, a happy costumer of a Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming.
    Thankfully, still with samsung vrams.

19. haz_mat

haz_mat Master Guru

GPU:
    1070 FE
    I've run into some strange issues with my 1070 when using an extra display over HDMI. I ran a 30ft HDMI cable to my home theater receiver that outputs to a TV. I'm using a DisplayPort monitor as primary.

First issue, the BIOS only shows on the HDMI - my DP monitor gets no signal until the windows login screen. Works fine without the receiver plugged in. I've tried messing with the display settings in windows and the NVCP, and my DP monitor is set as primary. I've even messed around in my system bios a bit, but no combination of CSM settings and display init stuff seems to work. I suppose I could switch my main monitor to HDMI, but I'd rather not unless there is not software fix for this.

Second issue, I'm not getting audio out of the rear channels when in 5.1 mode. The windows audio test works for the front L/R/C and the sub though.

Anyone else face similar issues or have any recommendations?

20. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 GTX
    It defaults to the HDMI or DVI as the primary display. My monitor can use DVI, Display adapter, or HDMI luckily. I had that issue when I run a cable to my projector.

As for the audio, I'm not sure. I have a soundcard and run an optical cable. If your using the HDMI audio feed does it supports more than 4 channels? I had this issue when trying to get 5.1 out of my PS4 as well. With HDMI, never worked, had to use optical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.