The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Thanks. These are for gpu only? Or also for cpu?
    What about Noctua?

2. Autarch20

Autarch20 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    thanks man I play it every chance i get.. cant wait for Horizon 3!!!

also
    This is me playing some BF1 Beta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4atHa9j1Y

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    They all work for both.

NTH1 is a couple degrees worse give or take.

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, the more bad value/expensive stuff are for those of us who have OCD about 0.01'C difference. Guilty. :p

Ordered a 1.5ML/5.55g tube of Kryonaut for the GPU/CPU to replace the MX-4. Noctua NT-H1 and the Hydronaut are great too.

I will see how it fares. :thumbup:

Their job it just to transfer heat. So as Agent said above, workes for both.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Depends on the application and mounting pressure/cooler type.
    Those 3 are all .5-1c better.
    They will also be several degrees better than NT-H1 on a bare die/delidded CPU.

Not best price/performance but the top end products rarely are.

7. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :banana:Just compared the guru3d reviews of the X and Z and some interesting notes of the X winning in some games at 1440p weirdly and only loses a frame or two in others in 1080p.

Just reestablishes the mark that you can probably go with the cheaper cards and just OC it and you'll be fine.:nerd:

8. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX
    nothing new in this..
    pricier factory boostet card means nothing.. You can boost it yourself.

9. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    I want to buy a GTX 1070, but the pricing is putting me off a bit. The prices seem to be going up as well, an Inno3d one i liked the look of at 389 is now 399, and the one i really want, the Strix is horrendously expensive at £440. How long do you think i'd have to wait for the them to to drop below £350?

Running on onboard gfx after selling SLI 660's last week, so eager to get one but feel like £400 is an overspend.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The performance increase from 660 SLI to a single 1070 is astounding. It would be money well spent.

11. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    I don't think you'll see it at 350 any time soon and yes the strix is the one I wanted but yeah over priced as he!! I had to bite the bullet on the gaming X since it was available and I didn't want to wait for the gaming or evga card to get in stock. I'm not regretting getting a top model though It's one with high oc mem and 2100mhz oc so I'm ok with it but I over spent and got bent over by MSI bad.

you could always get the standard evga cards or the gaming msi.

12. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    I expect 660 SLi to 1060 would be pretty impressive too, but i've more or less ruled out the 1060 as i've seen that it can't manage 1080p60 in some of the more gpu intensive games out there maxed out, and if it can't manage it now, it's not going to manage it a year or two down the line..

So i know the 1070 would be a decent investment for the money, but it's just so much money! I only keep £50 a month out of my salary after bills etc so it is quite impactful.

Ironically i also want to buy a g900 Chaos Spectrum and Xbox Elite controller, which are not cheap either!

Credit card is going to be taking a hammering soon, i can feel it..

13. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    I've ruled out MSI for the moment due to the micron issues, and also Palit (apart from the Gamerock perhaps) due to the failure issues and KFA2 (sparkle?) and Gainward due to failure of previous cards i've bought from them, and any with a standard blower.

Aside from the Strix (I am a bit of an Asus fanboy these days, my 660s ran Rock Solid for several years without a hitch and the motherboard is very nice) I like the look of the Inno3D iChill X3, which so far has been the one that has tempted me the most (infact i almost bought it today but OCUK put their price up), but also considering the EVGA SC / FTW and the aformentioned Gamerock (colour scheme is nasty but case doesn't have a window) The Gigabyte Micro ITX is also intriguing but I reckon it might suffer with OC limits due to only having a single fan and a small surface area for heat dissipation.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The EVGA FTW is a nice card and the fans are very quiet. I rarely hear my fans on my SC.

15. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    I always recommend EVGA if you can get one in your country, but I'm thinking about getting an ASUS (1060) card for my son's new build. Let me know if you grab an ASUS and tell us how you like it.

16. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4

I would say my X4 was def a good purchase, 2k+ clocks constant, temps never go over 60 Degrees when stressed, normal they sit around 56-57 when stressed, no coil whine, no problems and the build quality is solid. Also i can see there is a red glow effect under the fans and around the vents with some kind of light strip, which i could not see from any other pictures so perhaps it may go with a red themed setup.

An X3 would be a great choice in my option, its juts missing the 4th smaller fan, plus i think you get some extra goodies from Inno3d. I dont know if the 4th fan on the X4 makes much of a difference, would be interesting to see.

For me, all 1070's are pretty much on the same level so really what was important for me was a good factory overclock, design materials, build quality/strength and lots of fans to improve probability of longevity. The build is so good on the X4, there is no sag in the card when installed into the PCIe slot. Perfectly level on its own.

The X4 only has one 8pin power connector but the card is Voltage starved, not power starved so it has plenty of power overhead available.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  17. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    Does anyone know if there's any difference between the Palit GameRock and GameRock Premium, besides the higher clocks of the Premium, which i guess doesn't matter since all the cards OC to around the same level anyway..?

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Unless they get binned (I doubt it), then no, there shouldn't be any difference besides a better factory OC.

19. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    well i finally bit the bullet and bought one i didn't originally plan on buying, the Palit Super Jetstream. From what i can tell it's identical to the GameRock apart from the colour, but with better clock speeds out of the box and just because a couple of people reported having a Palit card fail on them doesn't mean they all fail, and if it does, i can send it back to OC UK. It's being delivered tomorrow so i'll let you all know how it fares.

Anyone know of a good game to test it out with that costs £8.61 or less? (all i have in my Steam wallet :D)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  20. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I briefly had the GTX 1070 Super Jetstream. Great card and its now flashed to GameRock Premium vbios and a friend its putting in good use.

Enjoy and happy gaming. :thumbup:

Edit: And while you wait until tomorrow for it, feel free to scroll through those 324 pages of games costing /€10. :D

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price_DESC&tags=-1&category1=998&page=103

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.