The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    I'm thinking about doing the shunt mod, which liquid metal did you use?

2. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Made the conductive clue myself...just put lots of graphite from a pencil into fast clue....easy to remove and also very effective for such purpose.

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    Oh cool! Probably going to use Liquid Pro on mine.

How much has your clocks been affected by the mod? Higher and more stable? as in less throttling?

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I had some trouble with Futuremark's Systeminfo Hardware monitor. It took me a long while to realize that this was the culprit for my stuttering an lower scores in 3DMark 2016.

Thing is, I didn't realize this was not included in the Basic Edition and since I upgraded to Advanced Edition it got enabled by default and messed me up. It likely conflicts with either MSI Afterburner or Corsair Link, since I don't have anything else.

Anyway, this is my highest score I could get in Time Spy so far:

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/141742

[​IMG]

5. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670

What is the idle temps at 35-40% fan speed power?

6. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :infinity:Over last weekend I did some small basic edition benches for my 1070 GX and got some got results for my OC going to 2113mhz core and +700 mem and got a overall in 3Dmark of 18146 I believe with a graphics score of over 26000 but It's prob do to the basic edition not being at premium.

It did crash once in firestrike but with the spy demo and every other test has came out golden with no prob on the OC. I have a 126% power limit slider that I max out along with 92c temp and it seems to be a good OC for me.

I wanted to put the OC bios on it but don't need it at all, Far Cry 3 used to be 35-45 fps regardless with my 780sc and now it goes from 85-115fps with everything max including the shadows which I had on medium and no aa which is now 8TXAA.

I tried Doom with Vulcan and don't see a difference. But the 150+fps that I'm getting with the game with everything max is great, :nerd: No dips at all and the OC I had never crashed once during an hour of gameplay.

Idle I'm getting 30c with 40%fan and 62c with OC on load and 60c without OC on Load.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the card with the low temps and now the good OC for later on, I'm gonna default oc on it and just keep the power limit on 126% because I don't need the extra performance right now. Maybe down the road when the card is getting old.

7. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    No way...except you are discussing 3dmark11 :)

8. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :)Sorry yes it is 3d mark11 haha. I should watch what I type.

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Finally its coming! :thumbup:

[​IMG]

10. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    What the hell, it says 1-2 months delivery time when i looked it up on amazon?! :3eyes:

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Out of all benchmarks/games I have tried I have found Fire Strike and GTA V to be the most sensitive to OC on my 1070, I can go with ~+100 on most (on core), but in those 2, +75-80 is max...

13. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    Oh you have no idea. Those two applications are nothing compared to Dying Light and how sensitive that game is to overclocking. The game might not crash, but you will definitely see some serious artifacts, if you go 1mhz over the real stable clock. I suggest checking it out. It is also the best test i found for overclocking the vram.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Ha, i don't have that one. Maybe I should get it, even if just for the benchmark/stress test purposes. :giggle2:

15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Took it's time but it's here.:D

[​IMG]

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Getting my MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC tomorrow.

The stock cooler will go and make place for an Arctic Accelero Xtreme 4 :)

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    That's true. I checked them all and all said around mid August to September delivery.

But long story short, I had ordered a GTX 1080 Jetstream initially on Tuesday 19th July because it was saying Guaranteed delivery for the 22nd July.

But on the day of delivery(22nd July) the card didn't even got dispatched yet and the delivery date was pushed back to 26-28th of July. Well, I said **** it and cancelled the order to get a GTX 1070 to save some money and call it a day.

I wanted a normal JetStream or an AMP! edition but non were in stock until end of july.

Fortunately I found 1 GTX 1070 Super JetStream in stock(cancelled order probably) that was advertising get it by the 27th July. Obviously I immediately jumped on it.

The Palit GTX 1070 Jetstream is going for 456 euros and the AMP! Edition for 466euros(excl shipping ofc)!

Also as I said Amazon is expecting new stock around 28-31 July for many cards so order if needed to get it sooner. Look where it says expecting stock in the prices sections of the card you want. :thumbup:

You are such a tease! :D

Since I had my eyes it would be great if you could share details please.

Like stock boost clocks, temps, voltages, gaming experience, OC clocks etc.

If its not too much trouble of course! Enjoy! :p

18. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    NVM just remembered these scores were with CPU and ram on stock while awaiting my main PSU from RMA...now things are getting as it should:)

[​IMG]

19. Digika

Digika Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Is it compatible with 1070 plate design? I see on the official site they says 700--900 series

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Yes, it's compatible with the 1060, 1070 and 1080.

Says so on the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.