The GTX 1070 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chalky

chalky Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080
    I would never buy a gpu just for high 3dmark scores WOW Realy, its not a game ,play real game get the best card for playing games

2. Paul5850

Paul5850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    And VR doesn't work on 980 Ti? :3eyes:

Faster might be an "advantage", but totally insignificant if you can catch a 980 Ti at a good better price now.
    Doubt the 6GB vRAM will be an issue.

3. Headd

Headd Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970
    omg 534euro for what used to be GTX560 :puke2:

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nvm, best not to get involved lol

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

5. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Me neither haha

6. TheKoala

TheKoala New Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    What? I scored 21481@2152MHz in Fire Strike.

As more and more of the custom 1070 boards are being released, you'll see a lot more scores like mine. My card has been rock solid running valley, fire strike and finally finishing up FO4.

7. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    No VR works with 980 Ti but with Pascal architecture, GTX 1070 offers more stable framerates and better visual fidelity.

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Question, sorry if it has been asked before;

Can I please get a list of all the GTX 1070's that have dual BIOS mode? (aka a BIOS Switcher). If the AMD 480 doesn't live up to expectations I intend to switch to the green side.

9. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    As I know

EVGA GTX 100 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6276-KR

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

Is this fair enough?

Vs factory OC'ed 1430MHz boost 980TI
    Switch on tabs to see other games.

Imo 3dmark 2011 and firestrike do show some certain perf. patterns.
    Each test has its own special feature, highly tessellated objects, extra volumetric fog/lights, enhanced shadows and by fps difference you quickly see where you're at.

Speaking of VR, depends what kind, in Steam VR benchmark a factory OC 980Ti scores this, imo that's perfect VR
    [​IMG]photo uploading

12. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
  13. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Owner of a 1070 now...

:eek:uch:Just joined the 1070 fam here with the purchase of the MSI Gaming X 1070. The gigabyte is the one I was shooting for since it's cheap but it sold out as I was pondering which one to get. The Gaming X is the card I really wanted but the price threw me way off but with a 30$ difference I just pulled the trigger and got gouged but I'm happy I got the alert on nowinstock and that I got the opportunity to get a 1070 seeing how they are always sold out. The G1 gigabyte sold out in 3 mins lol. But if anyone else wants a gaming X it's still in stock I think on newegg maybe because the price.

:cheers:I consider it an early birthday present to myself and hopefully I get it before July 12th which is my bday. I picked the super egg saver here's hoping.

I'll post some pics and a review on here after I get the card and some 3d mark and firestrike.

14. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Happy birthday to you and enjoy your gaming experience with your GTX 1070.
    Some pics of your pc build won't hurt.

15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Guys I'll repost the quote above again, is the EVGA FTW the only one that comes with a DUAL BIOS option? And if yes. I cannot get that since I don't see it in stock in ANY local store in my city in Australia. Should I:

If you guys had a choice between the MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X and the Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming for the exact same price, which one would you get? And why?

I do have a high-end Gigabyte motherboard, but I doubt there's any benefit in getting the Gigabyte over the MSI (*such as better overclocking headroom, etc; nonesense*).

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I had pretty much the same decision to make as you do (the Gigabyte was even a tiny bit cheaper), still I went with MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X. Not only does it look insanely good (it goes PERFECT with black/red color scheme configurations like mine) but also performs quite good.

It should arrive tomorrow, hopefully it won't have any issues, as it was quite hard to get hold of one. :banana:

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I'm considering grabbing it before Friday, so let me know what you think about it, and how it overclocks for you, and as much information as you can here. Thanks.

Or I might try to wait and get the EVGA 1070 FTW since it comes with a DUAL BIOS option and I feel that's very important in the long run with these cards and what people will do modding their bioses later on.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I never mess with the bioses (flashing them) on gpus, it's just a thing for ln2 oc'ers for the most part. My MSI GTX 680 Lightning has those switches, and one of them is even called "LN2 BIOS". :)

But sure, I will come back to this thread, after some thorough testing when I get it.

19. mansonfamily

mansonfamily Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Hello, I wanted to ask what do you guys think about Gainward Phoenix GLH. My first Nvidia card was an Gainward GTX460 GLH (before that i owned only AMD) and i was very happy with that card. It was the first overclockable card and until now the most stable oc. So can i consider this over Gigabyte (currently own a 970 G1) or MSI (this in my country is pretty expensive). Thanks.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I just wanted to ask, why the hell do you need 1.29v to run a 6700K @ 4.6Ghz

I've toned down my 4790K from 4.7Ghz to 4.6Ghz and I'm using 1.188v (*which equates to 1.2000v under full load in Windows*).

I didn't know the 6700K needed more voltage than the 4790K. I'm still really glad I bought this CPU when it came out. It has been brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.