The Grand Tour

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8GB RX480 Red Devil
    Pretty much the same for me - it's an entertainment show with, for the most part, great looking and sounding cars in.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Having watched Ep2, I know it was meant to be acting and scripted for the army part, but it wasn't great, rest of the show was boring too, disappointing

Hope they still go out on missions like when the guys in white overcoats used to give them cards of what to do, that's when they are at their best

But yea, I see what you mean now when you watched the trailer, I hadn't seen it until today, EP1 was good, this was pretty much a fail

See what Ep3 is like

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Only thing I wondered was, why film it in the USA, when everything else was filmed in the UK?

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Tri-X OC x2
    Second episode had me in tears, was bloody hilarious when he kept getting shot by the sniper all the time, so Jezza and Hammond decided to have dinner, and all you could hear was, bang!, bang!, bang!.................., then he shot The Queen in the back of the head, then Hammond, who then shot him for shooting him, and when Jezza was getting rogered while stuck in the window, and they missed shooting him, so Hammond smacked him with the shovel to kill him :D :D :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Agreed watched 3 episodes and was for me retired actors reading lines from an out of focus auto cue, the terrorist segment was total bull**** waste of airtime the 3 of them should retire like nico rosberg you got to the top and quit.

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Yea I'm not as excited about it now, first one was good, 2nd and 3rd were pretty crap and predictable, just more of the same in the studio too, 3rd week running they've thought that killing the guest and James asking if they were still coming on the show, was funny

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950 (CFX retired)
    I enjoyed all of the episodes so far. Not amazing, but still entertaining.

8. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    (.)an X
    Because Amazon are a US company and are producing a show primarily for a US audience.

9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI