The Future of Steam and other launchers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

23 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. No... Steam or die!

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I see this as getting rewards for shopping, but not better pricing and sales.
    Like anything else, I like choices and competition. I have no problem using other venues.

To each their own. I do not understand people going om about Epic. Shop where you want.

2. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    well, anything goes. i don't expect freebies or -90% off prices i just think that its good to see Valve act.
    hell i have my account around 15 years, maybe more, and i will never look back or sideways because its just a great platform.
    so anything goes in my eyes. even if those "loyalty offers" will be pointless, its still a good move by them.

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    BTW something I rarely see mentioned in these discussions is the Steam Streaming feature. Everyone is on about, how Steam has Shopping Cart or User Reviews and what not, but I really think, Streaming is a overlooked feature. One that could easily sway my personal purchasing decision in favor of Steam.

I’ve been playing with it for a few weeks now and can say it is working damn well. At home where I have 1Gb connection between the main PC and a custom made AIO office/internet PC, the picture quality and input lag are so good, that I can enjoy say the Witcher 3 no problem at all. Even games more sensitive to input lag as Dead Cells are no problem. That is with a controller, with a mouse you can feel it much more, but I rarely play any games on a M+KB anymore. Also tested it in the office – 100Mb at home, 100Mb in the office on the same ISP and it is playable. Had a few hitches, but still, having my own cloud streaming is pretty sick!