The Future of Steam and other launchers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. No... Steam or die!

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, at least you tried to bait people. 4/10 for effort.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    think kenshi has better looking animations. and base building, and henchmen to hire and factions to murder.

yea does not look like a game to get that hyper about to begin with. looks like an indy title could be cool could be janky as hell and need tons of updates and mods to make it good.

lucidus likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Yes. Totally totally jebaited you.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm really curious to see how this years E3 pc game show is going to go and if people really are going to boo when "exclusive to the epic store" is shown at the end of trailers.

It's not that they "exist", it's more to do with what they are doing by paying to force games off other platforms.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    ROFLLMAO :D:D:D

cerebus23 and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Backstabak and DocStrangelove like this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I read that on fuckepic lol. I think that DS is trying to extort refund money from him that's why he's bitching on twitter and no updates have been made on the ks page.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    I keep reading this thread and I'm still not sure why I'm supposed to hate/boycott EGS. I haven't installed it, but I'm just not seeing what the big deal is. It isn't exactly the same as steam, seems to be the gist of all this. I'm not looking for an explanation here, I just disagree. *shrugs*

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    you dont have it installed you dont see why peopl dont like it you dont need an explanation but you DO disagree lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    For the same reason we are suppose to hate Sony and anything Playstation related.

I personally see it from both point of view, Valve need to be weakened but the heavy handed way that Epic is doing is bad and will never be popular.

Saying that, PC gamers left Epic no choice. Give people a choice to not use your service and they won't use it. Take that choice away and while lots still wont, many will give in.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The guy's an idiot.
    He's so blind to the world around him it doesn't matter what is put in front of him. All he sees is that he's making "PC gaming better". He thinks it's the only option because he doesn't want to work "with" Steam/Valve to improve the system. He wants to own it.

Can't have a truly open platform (as he claims) when you are the one splintering things apart.

Keitosha and JonasBeckman like this.
  14. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    we all know he aint an idiot hugely disilusioned mebbe but hes no idiot he fallen into the trap of becomin bigger than he ever expected he would n its all gone to his head

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I agree, Tim really doesn't know what to do with the money.

Maybe someone told him "can't buy me love" and now he's trying a bit too hard to make all gamers love Epic - to proove a point.

16. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    he believes money is power n power creates influnce but the fall off for fortnite has already begun which means the clock is slowly tickin

SuperData reports that Fortnite revenue on all platforms combined declined by a huge 48% month-over-month

DocStrangelove, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    A person can be an smart and still be an idiot.
    I'm not questioning his intelligence, just his common sense.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    let say that everyone is dumb, because as much as anyone can know their is so much we can never know or understand even if by some miracle we had a 500 iq much of the knowledge of the universe and physics is locked away from us.

and rarely can we equally smart in every field, my verbal and spatial type skills are off the charts as a dual hemisphere lefty, but when it comes to numbers my brain goes out to lunch and refuses to deal with them. and math was aways a struggle but the first time i hit algebra well any hopes of being a physicist or something were dashed. but i love me the theories and stuff but i can never do the maths, and 3d time theory is all maths......

but yea on a wide enough scale we all blithering morons in our own unique way.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
  20. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I dunno why but just looking at the guy's pic and his tweets makes me feel he's frustrated and wants gamers to be frustrated as well. Can't have the world around you having fun while you're suffering in your personal bubble of epicness.
    This guy doesn't know how to read and lead ppl in a nice manner. That quality will always shine and ppl will eventually follow the light even it takes a bit longer. Steam has earned that status over years & years of hit & miss.

Keitosha, fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.