The Future of Steam and other launchers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. No... Steam or die!

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yong made a good proposal on this stuff, if you backed a game and later it got yoiked to epic they should still provide steam key to the backers that want steam keys, rest of us can f off and wait out the exclusive deal, but alot of these backer funded projects are violating the terms they set to their backers since they tell backers that our game will be on steam and you will get your copy when the games done. epic comes along and well if you backed the game f you you get a epic key does not matter if you want a steam key or we said you would get a steam key you can wait a year.

these people are getting their epic checks and saying fu to the people that enabled them to make the fing game, which if they had not got that backer funding they would never have had a game to sell to epic.

So yea stuff is slimy as f. And someone is going to sue someone eventually. breach of contract false advertising, lack of refunds they going to keep going til they piss off the wrong backer.

lucidus likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Saw this image, and have heard a lot of other people reporting the same problem. Even when contacting Support, some are saying they are not getting a response... and a friend told me that support just told him to "Try again later".

[​IMG]

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol wut how dare you buy our sale products.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    we live in the funniest timeline.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Epic did the dumbass a favour.

Just saw some drama on reset. Hades (Transistor, Bastion) had its base price increased during the sale, conveniently, and Vampire had all its sales suspended during the duration of this sale. I'm also reading that Ubi's games can't be discounted even though it says so on the store page. Can't help but laugh at those involved.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You know, I have a funny feeling this strange sale is a rush try at stopping something from happening at E3, yesterday I was starting to see people talking about going to the PC Games event at E3 because it's open to everyone and booing at whenever the term "exclusive to the epic store" was mentioned on stage for any new game announcements... and.. yeah.. this sale thing just looks so rushed.

*edit*

Anno 1800 seems to have also been removed from being able to be purchased on the epic Launcher.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    question becomes why exactly?

ohhh they do not want to hurt the sales when it comes to steam and gog at full price lol.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, it was a bit presumptuous for Epic to assume everyone on the store would be okay with discounting a game that hasn't even come out yet.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Am i blind or why issnt there any release dates on the store pages for upcoming games (EGS)? Not even for released games theres a date when it was released..!? Such basic stuff, lol.

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    fantaskarsef, Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    :D :D :D
    Another basic thing thats missing in a store, a shopping cart!

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Interesting, I guess Epic finally realized that strongarming and forcing customers to use their store isn't a viable strategy so they now try to attract people through discounts. Hell, if we wait they can maybe even provide similar or even better services as the competition, what a crazy world.

I'm interested to see how this will work out though, as they have already made themselves a reputation as anticonsumer POS company.

Those companies maybe didn't agree to the sales for whatever reason and Epic just didn't ask them, so now it works in a funny way.

Kolt likes this.
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol ... it is funny if Epic tried their "we know better than you" attitude on the publishers as well. If they don't want to discount a game, then they don't want to discount their game - even if Epic subsidizes the discount. It's pretty common with new releases.

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    because they rushed their "store client" to market, clearly they never put "years" worth of work into that client. if they did they should fire the entire team.

this ranks up there with anthem being worked on 5 years when you could look at the game and knew no way in gdamn hell that was true, and look it turned out to be a lie.

the epic store had been hacked, it sells your data, it stole steam data that it did not disclose, and that is going to get them fined in the EU, its "customer service" is abysmal or NA, and now you cant buy more than 5 games wo being deemed a criminal, add to the BASIC store front features that are awol.

so how long do we really think they developed that "store" client? a year or so at MOST i would wager. not 3 years or w/e ridiculous number they claimed.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3 man years I'd bet. Gotta spin the 100 hour weeks as a positive.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    they don't want you to actually buy games from them you fool, they want you to play fortnite and be absorbed into their ecosystem

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

epic you are a joke and that is comin from someone who once idolised you back in the unreal unreal tournament unreal xmp days, what the fk have you become???

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ha, that reminds me of Damien's post where support was more interested in why you're not playing fortnite over solving account issues. That makes FN the building and dancing borg collective?

Kolt likes this.
  19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Has anyone else confirmed this? I'd try it myself but I don't see many games worth buying :p

fantaskarsef likes this.