The Formula 1 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Dec 10, 2009.

1. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    That is the car bottoming out and has nothing to do with the accident. It is quite a common site towards the end of long straights.

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    It's common? I'm not a huge geek, but the last time I heard of cars bottoming out was at Indiana a few years ago.

Like the car bottoming out might have unsettled both drivers. Kova's car would have been handling funny, and he's got to brake just right so as not to cause an accident with the guy behind. Webber got distracted from all the sparks flying and the strange line Kova was taking.

Put it all together and it was a disaster waiting to happen, or at the very least both drivers were at equal fault, and it was just waiting to happen.

3. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Was it not just the 'simplest' accident between two cars with a massive difference in performance?

I didn't see anything about bottoming out etc. (I've heard the front wing scraping the bumps in Singapore, but modern F1 cars rarely do that now).

I'm still not sure why Heikki really put up a fight, the Red Bull is the quickest car in the 2010 season at this moment. That doesn't just mean it can go round corners quicker, it also means it stops quicker too (i.e. it can brake later).

It's not Mark's job to know the Lotus' braking point (which was apparently 80 metres earlier than the Red Bulls), so in his mind he would have been waiting just an extra second before making the move, sadly he got caught out.

Neither of those cars had technical problems, it's just an instance of a slower car vs a faster one, with an unexpected and unfortunate result.

4. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Well it is pretty common, especially since some idiots banned refueling meaning cars are running heavy with a low ride so its expected to see some (even more so on tracks that are not smooth).

Combination of Webber being far too close, its a corner, and Kova racing.

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The last time I saw a brake test in F1 was Alonso in Brazil in 2004 iirc.

...ah GP of Europe - 2003

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  6. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Good race today, enjoyed it, thought the penalty for alonso was poetic justice after the way he carried on in the last race about hamiltons' penalty, his penalty today put a smile on my face :)

7. aircool

GPU:
    Fantastic race.

It seems Williams are pulling themselves together, just hope they keep BAR on next season.

BAR on TG was good too.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Well done Webber ...... As for RBR Giving Webbers new spec front wing to Vettle ...... Shame on you.

9. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    what is it with vettel squeezing other drivers at the start ? he paid for it again

10. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    After this race it's no surprise why massa is still driving ferrari....

11. TiffToff

TiffToff Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD4850
    Vettel is quick, but he is not a racer. Time and time again he proves that he doesn't know how to defend or advance in position.

12. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Welp, Scuderia Malboro Ferrari fined $100,000 for breaking the rules. Pennies to them tbh, but it's also being referred to the World Sporting Council, who gave McLaren their £50,000,000 fine in 2007. So there could be more to come. Great!

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    there wont be more to come. There is no real proof of team orders. Also every team its giving them (cmon mclaren fuel problems are awesome xD).

14. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Disgraceful, All I can really say towards the matter.

I'm surprised the FIA can even do that, there's no hard proof so it wouldn't stand in a court. It has to be said, typical Ferrari (and Alonso), and I have to say, the whole team are really bad actors, they couldn't have made it more obvious.

You need to stop being so anti British / McLaren!

15. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I think someone taped the whole thing.

16. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    what strange, I thought everything would remain on a call for attention and this situation would be banned from now on.

What naive from me.

17. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 660 2GB
    massa deserved that win,even if he held alonso till end vettel could not pass ferrari's,because thier pace was even and the track is narrow

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Now let's talk about that German piece of sh1te pretending to be a F1 driver. I wish someone puts him in the wall real soon. HARD!

Rubens was his little slave for many years at Ferrari and he goes dirty like that for 1 point? He should be shot!

19. aircool

GPU:
    This.

I must say that was a joyous moment after actually getting passed.

Go Rubens!

The forum was a good watch.

20. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    "let's hope Eddie Jordan doesn't eat the microphone and start talking into the ice cream" :wanker: