The Formula 1 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Dec 10, 2009.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I saw he had plenty of room. He turned when they were still tyre to tyre. ??

I think it might just be a lack of experience mixed with a mistake in judgement. Sure he had heaps of speed and caught right up to Webber to the point of overtaking, but he couldn't predict Webber's path of the corner. Big mistake. :(

2. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I also Can't believe that the Redbull principles are siding with Vettel. It comes down to Vettel was making an overtaking move and thought he did it but that wasn't the case as his car was not fully passed Marks when he turned in. So it was a racing mistake on Vettel. Also Mark had the line going into the corner.

3. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    That was quite a good prove that Vettel :biggun: do not deserve that car, the boy :puke2: is just frustrated and cannot accept that Mark Webber is actually better and faster than him wright now. He had enough place there and it's quite clear that we tried to press Webber into the green.

I was also surprised that Red Bull kiss Vettel's a.s.s. once again. I really hope that Webber will gonna win this championship and just splash Vettel's face.

It looks to me like a deja-vu from the race 2 years ago where stupid Vettel crashed into Kubica's BMW. I'm from Germany but personally hate this bubi Vettel, it's so l.i.m.p.d.i.c.k.:bang:.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Watching the replays it looks more like driver error than Vettel trying to squeeze out Webber, especially from the onboard cameras. Webber is drifting left when Vettel makes his move, Vettel's already alongside when he realises he hasn't got enough room and his wheels are on the edge of the dirt.

5. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    I have a feeling Vettel knew exactly what he was doing. There's even an interview after the race with Lewis saying that he tried the exact same manoeuvre on him, but Lewis had enough time and room to get out the way and still get past.

For some reason I've never really liked Vettel, even though he comes across as pretty funny and a probably nice guy, there's always been something a little Schumacher-y about him, and that bullish ruthlessness showed today as he barged in thinking that Red Bull would be on his shoulders and let him pass. Someone needs to tell him F1 isn't go-karting, it's a very dangerous 180mph crash and yet ANOTHER Vettel related dent in Red Bull's title hopes.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    this is the typical action which FIA would give 10positions penalty for next race if they were on different teams, but since they already have a "neutral" judge (team) FIA wont get involved :(.

7. Ekajaya"VaLvE"

Ekajaya"VaLvE" Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    Vettel was at fault. When you try to overtake someone, you have to stay on your line until you passed completely. In this case, Vettel should have stayed inside until the curb. But what he did, he went to the right, where webber wasnt completely overtaken. He had the top speed, but because there was a curb and thought he was already at the front he let the pedal and went to the right? Sounds stupid to me.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Well reading reports i feel there seems to be controversy within the RedBull team. Telling Mark Webber to go into Fuel saving mode smells to me now that those comments that are made from the RedBull principles laying the blame on Webber. Was this a Move so that as to get Vettel pass him ??? We see what happens in 2 weeks time at the Canadian Grand Prix ...... Webber could find his lost a little performance and Vettel gain a little. ...... your thoughts ???

9. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    ^I agree the whole thing is a bit 'weird' but I dont see why they would favour Vetel at this stage, especially as they were both level in the points. And personally I don't see how so many of the RB team are backing Vetel in this, from what I / we as an audience saw, it was clearly his fault.

I do think this really has confirmed the intense rivalry between them now, you rekon this will be the next Hamilton & Alonso lol.

10. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Hamilton and Alonso are one thing. But this isn't right when you see it was clearly Vettel's fault but RB comes out and pins the Blame on Webber. Now what if it was Hamilton, what would RB be saying about the incident !!! LOL

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good race at Montreal, that pig Schumacher just showed his "class" by shoving Massa on the green stuff and breaking his front wing. True Schumacher class, I hate him so much!

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Schumacher has no more flare, his spark has worn off :(
    lapped by a kid... wow

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Well done to the British lads... at least they can get a good result for England unlike another certain team... good to see another 1-2!

14. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    congrats Hamilton and Button. Alonso championship is back on track again.

15. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Holy ****TT webber had a huge crash with kovalainen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But luckily everybody is OK.

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Shouldn't drive into people then.

Oddly the race isn't as boring as it could've been, BAR 5! :D

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Kobayashi in 3rd, booyah! :wanker:

18. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    what a ****ing robbery.

I hope hamilton gets disqualified from this race.

So massa and fernando keep behind the SC and hamilton doesnt. Now hamilton 2nd and massa a fernando 8+.

Conclusion: overtake the safety car even if you are not allowed to, breaking rules its nice.

19. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Your just jealous because the English drivers are always raping out the Spanyards...You FAIL

20. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    Now better,

anyways what a kiddish answer. Specially considering in spain we only care about this "sport?" since 5years ago (well i liked hakkinen before, but 99% people here, it wasnt even shown on tv) and both spanish or english drivers have 2 championships there.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010