The Forest.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Nov 12, 2013.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This looks pretty awesome!

3. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Can't believe there's not more buzz about this game on G3D! Nobody looking forward to this coming out today? Personally I think it looks amazing.

4. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    So where is it?

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I think beta will be out on steam in day or two.

6. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    It's supposed to be out on Steam early access today at 5pm GMT or so I'm told.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The Forest public alpha releases tomorrow morning at 9AM PST on Steam! (Posted yesterday)
    http://survivetheforest.com/

8. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Looks really scary! When I get a rift, I really can't see myself playing this with it, looks like heart attack material :D

9. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Mine's coming in August and this will be one of the first things I try with it if it's half as good as it looks. I'm willing to accept that I may poop a little.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    The current build doesnt support the Rift so ( and i mean this completly in the sense of VR ), dont bother until it has support.

From the notes: Full oculus rift compatibility for the most immersive experience possible. * Note, this will not be available in first version of alpha*

11. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Game is brutal at times and man the animation quality is crazy for something so obviously still in dev, Was minding my own business building shelter until a local tried his luck. Got him looked down at him, he was looking up gasping for breath and I finished him, was seriously awesome. Really excited for future of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdA4Nzr1UM

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Then.. what do you do with it?

Holy batarangs Robbin! i watched this video for not even 5 seconds before coming back here to say how captivating the thing is, the atmosphere, the forest seems so alive.

Edit: Annnd then violence. Was not expecting that.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  13. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Agreed the atmospherics are done very very well. You can see the guys that did this do work in the movie industry :) The animation quality during the fight I thought was awesome.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  15. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    It's alpha but only 0.01, has a long long way to go. But potentially amazing. I really like the good stuff so far.

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Playing that in the oculus? Wtf man.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdA4Nzr1UM o,O

Only.. the violence lol, to me it looked like a nature game or something, or that you explore.. there should be less violence tbh, I think that would make it cooler.. make fighting places really rare and more like "real to the world".

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    That guy took like ten axe swings in the face and still attacking you, lol

18. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah they are mutant cannibals though, not your average Joe.

19. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    I started to find the logs, sticks and rocks to build my camp but night drew in and the native freaky dudes chased me to a boat just off the beach.

They watched me all night long as they don't swim and now morning has broke they seemed to of gone.

Gunna carry on building my camp now.

I ended up at one point in the natives under ground hideout and I was capping my pants trying to find a way out...... I failed.

I'm liking this :)

20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The game is very glitchy at this point, with quite a bit of weirdness - to the point of hilarity at times. I had an axe equipped in my right hand. I swapped it for a flare gun, and then picked up a dismembered arm from a mutant. All three items stayed in my hand and clipped into each other. When I tried to bash a cannibal with "my" hand, the flare gun fired. Alpha!

Still, there's a lot to like and massive potential. The graphics are very nice and the crafting system and inventory are intuitive. The kicker for me is the enemy behavior and animation. Their super-fluid, darty movement is like nothing I've seen, and the way they 'feel you out' before attacking gives the impression of real intelligence.

Currently you cannot save your game, which is a bummer. According to a dev in the Steam forum, they broke the save feature at the last minute and they're working on a hotfix before the next major update.