The Folding@Home Pub

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Crossfire, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    This hasn't crossed my mind even for a second... :evilgrin: :rolleyes:

@XeonPower: I am happy for you buying a new rig! :hatty: :grin:

2. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX/8600GTS PhysX
    ok dudes, quick question, been folding for a few weeks now, got 1 smp running 24/7 on my own pc and have decided to do a sneaky install of the gui on my old boys laptop and will go for his pc too i think while i'm here visiting, is there anything i need to do other than enter my name and the team number in the gui client to make sure i get the credit for the points generated? (dave is me, made the top 10 this week woo woo woo)

looks like its working, hope the old boy doesnt mind, hopefully he wont notice!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Run it as a service, and its all hidden - almost.

4. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX/8600GTS PhysX
    sweet sweet sweet, should have hopefully have just doubled the old ppd. I think covert installs are the way to go!!

5. aircool

GPU:
    So polite, thank you (chuckle).

600 points and youll be a head of me, roll on next week and the tables will have turned (come on ebuyer!!!).

6. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    If I could only stop time, la la la...:bolt::bounce:

7. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Haha, well I'm ordering my DS3L in a few minutes so before long both of you two will have some legit competetion. :evil:

:biggun:

8. aircool

GPU:
    It'll take you roughly 6 months to catch up with either of us, at 4000ppd.

By then you'll have competition lol.

9. ArmoredGuns

ArmoredGuns Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    Expect a big boost from my part these days. I've just removed normal clients in my Dual Core PCs and replaced them with the SMP client. Sure, they don't fold 24/7 and they might not finish the preferred deadline, but I've got a solution for that. Before they reach the preferred deadline, I copy the project's folder into my USB memory and let my E6600 @ 3.3ghz handle them :banana: before it's too late.

I've being doing this with my 3.2Ghz HT P4 (doesn't keep up with the preferred deadline, but gives the work to the 3.3ghz E6600 before deadline is over), and I will start doing it with the 2.8ghz Pentium D, 1.6ghz E2140, and other two 1.8ghz E2160 :pc1:

If this works out, expect a HUUGGGEEE PPD boost from me :biggun:, and I may even do it with the other single core CPUs (yeah, the points difference between a regular client and an SMP client is huge, even with single core CPUs).

10. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    Poor E6600... But what the heck- me and many others are 'raping' our Quaddies with 2 SMPs at once, so... :thumbup:

11. aircool

GPU:
    Well you are, c'mon monday!!!1

woooohhhooo.

12. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    I don't even want to know what I would do in the time my PC was to be RMAed... :paranoid: Probably would force me to start some sort of a social life, pretty positive I guess. :giggle2:
    Anyone heard something from/ about Billabong? I see him posting on other threads but he's not folding anymore... :cry:

13. greaterthenjake

greaterthenjake Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320mb Sli648/1674/1836
    Back folding lol had to rma my bfg 1kw psu...... she just up and died on me not cool but back foldin smp wu's again. lol the little opty that could

14. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Update

Hello.

Unfortunately, I lost an 800MHz Celeron. :( It fried for some odd reason that I still haven't figured out yet. But, it was an old socket 378 MALAY with the stock intel board with all passive or no cooling at all running 24/7 for 3 weeks no reboot. So, I can't really complain.

I'm saving to purchase some more parts this weekend. Again, unfortunately, I had to "Delay" the computer project because I needed to buy some other items and I didn't really want to spend all the money in my pocket on the DS3L because... Well, that would leave no money for other goodies. :D

:biggun:

However, my other 800MHz Celeron is crunching away on a SimT Gromacs WU that's taking it 9 days to complete. :banana: lol

- XeonPower

15. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    Damn- I couldn't help it and wasn't able to resist the urge of updating my BIOS, just because it was pretty old... And now I got punished for my greed- at first I thought my PC was totally dead and I would have to send the CMOS chip for reprogramming. But then I experimented a little bit and the PC started with just one stick of RAM. Everything is messed up anyway though- I can't even overclock as much as before anymore and have only 1 GB of RAM. :bang:
    So here is my question- can I downgrade the BIOS to the previous version somehow? Cause the tools for reflashing supplied by ASUS don't allow my to flash to a lower version. :wanker:

16. aircool

GPU:
    Welcome to my world, you could try flashing using the floppy method or on usb flash drive.

Im going to be back at full whack by next week if im lucky.

Using a 512mb stick of DDR. :(

17. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    512 MB- why is that, you poor thing?!
    Yeah, I tried the AWDFLASH.EXE thingy and the one build into the BIOS itself (EZFlash or sth) but both decide for me that my good old BIOS "isn't suitable for my system". :puke::crapper:
    But thanks for the fast reply, I knew I could count on ya. :)

18. aircool

GPU:
    Yeah, you can indeed.

512mb, well thats because my mobo died and clearly took the ram with it, so I gotta wait for that replacement (RMA) to come.

Im really suprised it says that, have tried putting in the disc that came with motherboard and getting that to flash to the original? I used to be do that on my ASUS P4C800E-DLX ages back, not sure if that still works.

19. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    He heh he, I made my other RAM stick work again by simply blowing some air on it with my mouth and putting it back in, lol. Maybe I can even get my old OC back now? I think that the main problem with this new revision of my BIOS is that it sometimes 'forgets' the settings I applied to it, so maybe it's not that bad after all...
    Hey aircool, man I hope you will get your mainboard back soon, also because we need you folding and I need some competition. ;)

20. VectorRoll

VectorRoll Active Member

GPU:
    2 @ EVGA/8800GTS/640MB
    I take it that this is the same Folding @ Home that I do with my PS3; right?