The fallen members of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    People visit, participate yet come and go to Guru3D for various reasons. Some are here for a few days, others participate for many years. Some share love, passion, others fight, some have been here for a decade, but never have been visible. And yes, some pass away. For that last category, this thread is intended. Fortunately, it does not happen often. When a member of our community passes away we as a group are all sad.

This thread is for those Guru3D members that passed away. A place where they can be remembered, a place where you can look up a few posts of your friend. Although they are not among us anymore in the world of the living, in spirit they remain part of our community. If you had a friend here at Guru3D that is not among us anymore, here you'll find his name, his condolences thread, and a way to look up his posts. Such posts are part of the essence of who that person was. Read a couple of his or her posts every now and then, that way this person will be in our thoughts and among our community eternally.

Rest in peace.

Extraordinary (April 2021) - Condolences thread - Profile and posts
    Veeshush (May 2015) - Condolences thread - Profile and posts
    ChrisRay (October 2010) - Profile and posts

[​IMG]

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Sad thing is we know many forum members who were regulars here but have been absent for many years. Its not easy knowing their status if passed away.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    jura11 likes this.
  4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn

I know it's a bit weird to say this but thank you for this thread.

Maybe it would be OK to put a date/month when our guru friends went to a better place. For Extraordinary it's probably April 16, 17 or maybe 18. But month and year would be sufficient. Just a suggestion...

jura11 likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    This is a good way to pay the respect to the members that went to a better place. Rip guys.

jura11 and HK-1 like this.
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Man, this is the kind of thread I'd never think I'll see on a site like guru3d. The eternal kid in me I guess I thought we'll stay young hardware enthusiasts forever.

I'm pretty shocked to hear of Extraordinary's passing, especially since he was such an active member. Rest in peace dear guru.

I will use this opportunity to say that I always wondered what happened to Year, he too was a very active and friendly member. His last posts were in a thread he made about his mother's passing and how devastated he was. After that - nothing. I really, really hope that he is alright.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Yes, this is a good way of remembering them I think.

Let us hope the list will remain short.

__hollywood|meo and jura11 like this.
  8. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    <Shivers> Been a member for 16 years - just counted I have less than 50% probability to double it....estimated exit at November 2027...

jura11 likes this.
  9. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    jura11, HK-1 and Airbud like this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    According to Year's profile last online in December 2014 so at least gave us one last visit later.

Probably just rearrangement of life and priorities due to the loss.

Also good reminder by @lucidus about Veeshush.

jura11, Airbud and Solfaur like this.
  13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    This thread shows that behind the tech scene we are all humans.
    Also, shows the humanity in us all, the quality of each and every one of forum members.
    We took life and time for granted. Also family and friends.
    But from time to time it's necessary to remember, to mourn, to be at peace.
    Thanks HH for creating this thread, and for letting us have this place.
    I visit it daily, it's my tech family now. One day I'll be on this list. We all will.
    Let's cherish the NOW, because we don't known how long it will last.
    Peace guys!

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    While I don't have any real life friends that post here, one of my best real life friends did pass away a couple months ago from a heroin overdose. He wasn't a gamer, or a very tech savy guy but he was always asking me about the latest stuff and was familiar with guru3d. Over the years I always advised him on what kind of laptops, speakers, storage devices, etc to buy. He was only 43 and I really miss hanging out with him, he was like a brother.

jura11 likes this.
  15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    jura11 likes this.

16. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Thanks for creating this Hilbert.

I think I can count on one hand the number of Gurus I've met in real life (it's 2 or 3 if memory serves me correctly), maybe two hands if you count those I've interacted with outside of the forums; some of you guys may be a bit different in that respect, but it's hard to keep up sometimes. I come and go for various reasons, but still lurk once a week or so. In these hard times we do all need to look out for each other. There's a lot of support here, and for that, I am very grateful. RIP to our fallen kin, and a long and prosperous life to those still here.

AsiJu and jura11 like this.
  17. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    This is a great tribute to the folks that have passed.
    Thx HH.
    CK.

jura11 likes this.
  18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    As above @Hilbert Hagedoorn great tribute to members who passed away and I want to thank you for that

RIP guys

Thanks, Jura

19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    a fitting memorial for some of our model members. thanks, HH. very thoughtful.

well, you know what chaucer said: time and tide waits for no man...RIP

20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    RIP to those who'd passed on, it's my sincerest hope they're in a better place now.

It's weird, this reminds me of a guy I'd knew in another forum. Over the years, we'd argued frequently over video cards, he was such an nVidia guy, and I'm staunchly AMD. I can't remember who started what and when, only that we'd have such vehement and heated debates.

We were friends mostly, so I was quite shocked to learn of his passing from the site admin. Then I'd think back of the times we'd argued so heatedly, and it all seemed so petty. I'd hoped we'd left things amicably and it hadn't ended in a heated spat between us. I can't confirm because the forum site is now defunct.

I just hope we had parted as friends (as we'd often did) after we'd run out of things to 'shout' at each other.:(

lucidus likes this.