The Evil Within PC Seems to be Locked At 30FPS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think thats a bit unfair/ imo, you'd be hard pressed to find any pc exclusives that match Sonys line up from the PS3 and PS4 (Killzone and Second Son), not just in terms of visual (granted low resolutions and no aa for the PS3 exclus), but gameplay also. I've yet to play a single PC exclusive that had the sense of adventure that Uncharted left me with, the theme song still lingers in my head and just makes me want to go on a massive adventure of my own.

Id argue that to this day or atleast thus far, Stalker is the finest PC exclusive imo, in terms of visuals, atmosphere and gameplay, that perfect mix of casual (PC casual) shooting with rpg elements.

Last but not least, its not the consoles fault. Its just lazy developers that cant be arsed. Though I prefer to blame publishers and the constraints they put of devs, as i dont believe actual game developers would want to see their hard work go to waste on a under developed port.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Simply really, don't pay for their crap attempts and they'll eventually realize they have to step it up or drop out.

I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game or even bought one until after seeing reviews.

Ahh, the good ol days of FC, Doom3, HL2, Crysis, etc.

3. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Really need those 8GB cards right about now...

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    PC gaming felt so much... cleaner, so to speak, back then imo. Today i find PC gaming just makes me frustrated. I can handle fixes and mods and tweaks etc that we've been doing since pc gaming began, but its just the industry itself has tarnished its own image and made the whole experience unenjoyable.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    ^^This!
    Cheers mate!

6. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Majority comments in that link seem to be on the money imo. What comments are you talking about?

Tbh, this is what pisses me off about 'PC' gaming these days, being annoyed by a game before its even released.

8. They done a pretty good job at convincing us not to buy the game.

I won't disappoint them :infinity:

9. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    30fps? Good, months of marketing to convince me to get the game screwed in just a couple mins.

Way to go.

10. mrlips

mrlips Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW
    I am a tool, so Im still going to buy it and hope for the best. love survival horror.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Those black bars though. I agree with others, its either a movie or a game, cant have both.

I was willing to let it pass with the Order 1886 or whats it called, but the more i think about it, the less sense it makes. Its nothing more than a FOV tweak really.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    One comment stands out, and it's so true:

13. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Good bye Bethesda.. it was emotional..
    something tells me there is gonna be a crack in about two days on the torrents after release with that FPS cap turned off.But I ain't gonna bother even then.
    It's incredible that not even a year after release of the new consoles they can't handle anything on 1080p@60fps. Can't wait for VR to start. Am just guessing that it's gonna mean the end for consoles as VR will be huge and once people will see how crappy the consoles are compared to PC we will see a PC rebirth.
    fingers crossed

14. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Srsly I just provided a link where it tells that they will give an option to play @60 with no black bars, this topic needs to be marked as misleading

15. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'll gladly download that game for free.....yes i said it!

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The question is... What happens to us Ultra wide monitor users, am I going to have to play this game in 16:9 aspect ratio with the black bars? It'll be tiny!

I know it says you can remove the black bars but I'd rather not as that's where the bud elements are displayed.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Face it gamers will buy any junk they make that's why its like this in the first place

19. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    2.35:1 aspect ratio... what?

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Read the link vazup posted, Bethesda have already confirmed you can unlock the 30fps cap, and remove the black bars!