The Evil Within from Bethesda (Shinji Mikami)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deathfrag, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If a sequel happens, it would be on idTech.
    As Tango would have free use of the engine, they wouldn't have to pay to license an engine.

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While idtech5 was less than impressive, idtech6 is one of the most impressive engines out there right now. Doom was an absolute pleasure. Played it through 3 times now and I can't get over how well it runs.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And how damn good it looks.

idTech6 is great. Really shows how true Carmack's original comments were. That idTech5 was not meant as a top end PC engine, and was never meant to be used past the 360/PS3 era.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly, idtech6 feels like an engine that was specifically designed to take advantage of what's out there right now and it delivers in spades.

Doom is easily one of the most impressive games currently available in terms of performance (and gameplay), it is absolutely excellent.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016

5. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Trying this game out. Is it better to play with controller or mouse and keyboard. What was it designed for?

I'm running 1080, full screen, no letterbox, 60 fps vsync, smaa. Hopefully it runs good. Should I use motion blur and screen grain adjustment?

6. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Play what you're better with. You have to save every bullet you have, so there is going to be alot of headshots. I didn't experience any technical issues with kb and mouse

7. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Yeah, I agree. I saw that it had vibration allowed. That usually means it was made for controller. I just set up my keyboard binding. I was only able to use mouse key 1 and 2. That's odd.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah kb+mouse is better by intense "boss" situations where you need to run or move around quickly.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea like said whichever works better for you, the game is very playable with either.
    Used a controller myself first and then switched to kb+m because aiming is a lot faster and more accurate with a mouse.

Personally I turned off motion blur and decreased screen gain quite a bit as the default was just too grainy.
    Disabling motion blur may give a slight performance boost.

10. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Sounds good, thanks!

11. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Finally got the updated version with expansions.....game runs soooooo much better....much smoother and being able to toggle black bars plus the 60fps cap rather than 30 makes the experience actually enjoyable.

Had previously only got to Chap 3 months ago when I stopped playing due to performance frustrations..... so have deleted all my saves and am starting again (now that I finished Doom :p)

Looking forward to playing through this game :)

Any launch options I should be aware of? disabling intro ads etc? tweaks?
    Think I will go with no motion blur and low grain like AsiJu said

12. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm not sure if the RGB is messed up with this driver or if it's the game. There's the option in the beginning to adjust the brightness as with all games. I never change this setting and all games look fine. But this game is black dark when I don't think it should be. Is it me or is that how the game supposed to be?

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Which area?
    The game is very dark, in some areas... almost pitch black.

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Chapter 1. I received a lantern now. Much better! What's the story with setting bodies in fire. I get you potentially can set more than one zombie on fire. But seems like you can either stomp or set the body on fire when they're down. Or do you receive better items if you burn the bodies?

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Using matches is safer, and more effective.
    Stomping or kicking a downed enemy isn't an instant death. While matches are.

Also, you can use matches on bodies laying on the ground. Killing enemies before they get up to attack you.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The area of effect that you can use the matches in is pretty wide. You don't have to be right on top of them a lot of the time.
    So, even when they start slashing about on the ground, you can still stand out of the way and still set them on fire.

17. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Any fix for the game always reverting to 1366 x 768 and turning letterbox and motion blur back on.....I have to reset these settings everytime I start the game.....is there an .ini file that I can make read only after I make changes?

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i have the game and it runs perfect , never saw this problem

do you have the steam version ?

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This is the first I've ever heard of this issue.
    I've had the game since release and have never had any settings change on their own.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Don't have that issue either. Try reinstalling the game or using a different display driver.