The Evil Within 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    From neogaf a gtx970 on low settings @Four year old console resolution :eek:: [​IMG]

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    Time zone based, unlocked in Asia and Australia a few hours ago so midnight and depending on time zone. :)

https://steamdb.info/app/601430/history/

Initial unlock actually made a bit of a snag and unlocked it world-wide it looks like but it was fixed almost instantly so probably didn't affect much since it takes a while for the Steam client to update to these changes unless it's restarted.
    (About ~10 minutes or so from when a update is registered to when it appears as a available download in the client.)

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    for me the fps is all over the place when vsync is disabled or (displaybased)

60fps locked seems good and smooth

fullscreen takes over the display to the point of changing desktop resolution

AA isn't doing much for aliasing

FXAA is weird and misses most aliasing
    TAA gives a smoother image but it takes most aliasing out
    FXAA+TAA takes out all aliasing but the image is too smooth , adaptive sharpen from reshade can solve that

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    also the game seems to be cracked already

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970 1450/7600
    It hasnt Denuvo so just the normal Steam thingy, no biggy. So yeah.. ^^

lucidus likes this.
  6. Susahamat

Susahamat Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    cant enable exclusive fullscreen in this game :(. use "r_fullscreen 1" still same

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    That's a pleasant surprise after that news about the review copies. I hope it sells well.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    The "+com_allowconsole 1" command still works, most (all?) of the debug console commands appear to be working though you do get set to "Cheat mode." even for toggling post-process effects.

r_skipglare 0 (The default, still activates cheat mode.)
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4467/37618279176_52f463ef15_o.jpg

Glare comparison.
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4470/37618278686_27336d06b7_o.jpg
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4473/37667718211_451643b8c4_o.jpg

And key bound.
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4478/37409459620_23286d1ea6_o.jpg

EDIT: ToggleDebugCamera works, but there seems to be no way to actually move the camera via keyboard.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've only played this for about an hour through Chapter 1 into Chapter 2 but so far it's intriguing if understandably linear as the game introduces you to its Matrix-style game world and characters. Not to much to say about the gameplay yet; it's the usual cutscenes, click A to investigate things and absolutely no combat so far (though there is one monster encounter...).

Playing the game on maxed out Ultra settings at 2560x1440 with an Unlocked framerate but performance is absolutely all over the place for me. The game always feels smooth, thanks to G-SYNC, but in the opening sequence with all the fire the framerate was regularly south of 60 fps and dipping to the low 40s fps at points. After that, once the game starts properly then the framerate hovers between 55 and 70 fps on average, which is disappointing seeing at GPU usage never goes above 60% and CPU usage is under 40%. Visually the game looks very good - cutscenes appear to be real-time and feature nicely detailed faces but depth of field is poorly done IMO.

I feel this game should be running better than that on my system. I'm using the v387.92 Game-Ready driver as well for this game on Windows 10 v1709 build 16299.15. Obviously the settings I'm using are not the problem as GPU and CPU usage are well under 100%. A poorly optimised engine maybe?

10. Alberto

Alberto Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS GTX 1080 Ti
    With the last Nvidia driver shadowplay don't works with The Evil Within 2. When I try to share a gaming session on Facebook the game minimize to taskbar. The game also is not recognized on GeForce Experience

Suggestions?

11. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    The game runs great here 1440p 144hz max detail. I hope for HDR suport cause i buyed a new 2560X1440P HDR monitor.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    there's HDR for this game , no options for it though just gamma slider

13. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Yeah for the xbox one pro. Monday i will test if it is real HDR with HDR on and off with windows 10 HDR option.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Tri-X OC x2
    Just bought, loved the 1st one :D

15. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Here runs shadowplay fine but i tried only record to my HDD

16. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Let me know if anyone finds any good ini tweaks or graphics mods. The game barely looks better than the first one and holy crap the reflections in windows and such have poor texture quality. I remember something about being able to enable 16K textures in the first one...

17. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    This game looks much better dan The Evil Within. But CPU usage and GPU usage is low and i getting the same fps with ultra and medium settings.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Had a quick go to see how she runs, and she runs fine, runs just as good as the first one, thats @Ultra, @1440p, im still running on last Marchs 16.3 Crimson hotfixes as well. :D

19. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    I have 2 issues.
    one is extreme banding but I just think the crapped the textures:
    https://lensdump.com/i/RS5qx
    Does the game looks like that on Your side?

And the other problem is much worse. I can only play for 15-20 minutes and then it goes from perfectly smooth gsync gameplay around 50-70hz, to a crawl. It goes into single digits if I move or look around.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I havn't noticed any problems, just played for about 35 mintues there, was fine, i shat when that thing with the circular saw burst in! :p