The Evil within 2 is being evil with RTSS

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Prophet, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    So I cannot for the life of me move the osd. It works fine and as intended in the default upper left corner, but as soon as I want to move it it doesn't show. If I start the game with the default location, then move it it doesn't show. A few times I tested restarting msi ab and most of the time nothing happens. sometimes it crashes the game. Once I got the message "MSI Ab has lost connection with the <my gpu>".

MSI ab 4.3.0, RTSS 6.5, win 8.1. Works perfectly in all other games as far as I can tell.

2. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    Maybe try latest AB (4.4.0 Beta 19) + RTSS (7.0.0 Beta 30).

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

4. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK

5. Unwinder

I decided to give it one more chance and purchased EW2 for investigation, considering that the issue is reported not by a new forum visitor. Gentlemen, it is not fun. Not fun at all. Everything is working properly including OSD position customization, on both AMD and NVIDIA platforms. $35 more are invested again into absolutely nothing. It is just plain wrong, I cannot constantly do that. I spend up to one thousand USD per year on things like that, it is not supposed to be so.
    Please, PLEASE, before reporting such things ensure that:

- You have tried to upgrade to the latest version of application
    - You have tried performing clean application install to ensure that you're running on default (and most compatible) OSD setup and to exclude your custom OSD "tweaks" which you could make
    - You have searched google and youtube to see if other users are having similar issue with this specific game. This will allow you to see when the problem is related to settings on your side or global 3D engine incompatibility

Instead of preparing new MSI AB and RTSS, I'm wasting time (and sadly money) on absolutely unrelated things during almost a week.

6. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    So true. You'd think people would try said things straight away themselves before flaming their issues on the programs which they've configured poorly but noo, nope.
    Hmm, in case it hasn't been done already, would it be a decent idea to round up a few gurus who actually know how to configure and use AB/RTSS to have them as testers for games you might not have and they might? Could also make an open game list which would state every tester and sort all the games they own under them etc. Just a proposition :)

Tomatone and AsiJu like this.
  7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Can’t you get a refund? At least for steam games you can refund if you don’t like a game

8. Unwinder

Refunds are good for some rare cases and exceptions, but with my usage scenario I’ll need to constantly refund at least a half of my purchases if not more. Valve’s refund system is not designed to make Steam some kind of game demo service, so such usage can be treated as refund abuse. And I’d like to avoid compromising my Steam account that way.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Very good idea to me. This could also help troubleshooting as more likely than not a few people will have the same game, and for one it'll work and for other won't (in case there are issues to begin with).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. Tomatone

Tomatone Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 270
    +1 ... something like this https://reshade.me/compatibility