The End.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IcE, Oct 15, 2014.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    When it is, nobody knows. Every since men lost their fur they´ve been predicting so many dates that is ridiculous. How it could possibly end? So many things can happen. So many! I hope we go out in a massive orgy.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You mean the thing that we already passed? In the early 1900's, you could extract 25 barrels of oil for every one that you used. Now it's down to around 5. You can't tell me with a straight face we're not running out of it. At least the easily accessible stuff.

Also, lithium reserves are estimated at around 100 years, platinum and iridium is dwindling, etc.

I'm glad you're getting a degree in economics, but please, don't come in here waving your partial knowledge around like you're an expert already.

3. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    Yeah destroying it and back to the early 19th century.
    Better regulating would be reasonable, but sceaming destroying is so much more fun.

And everything is so bad right now
    http://gitvfd.github.io/How-was-life/

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thank you, you too ;)

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ what he said

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As a student of political science and economics, it's your job to tell us everything is allright, isn't it? As long as we spend the money for those resources, at least... The spice must flow!

7. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    This!!!

Only idiots and economists think there is infinite growth on a definite planet.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I totally agree.

9. spider

spider Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    Definite in terms of what?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Lets go pillage moon!

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Dib's on the South Pole-Aitken Basin Crater.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Only agree on two aspects. Idiots do not know any better and yes, earth is definitely a planet; Pluto no longer. Economists will be the first to tell that there is only a finite supply of any good. The whole pricing model is based on finite supplies. Basic economics states that as supplies dry up, prices go up. They are also the ones that carry the banner: There is no such thing as a free lunch. If something does not carry a monetary cost, it bares an economic cost. The only resource we will never run out of is energy. It cannot be destroyed or created; only changed.

EDIT: Pillage the moon, the base was not supposed to be finished for like another ten years, yes? After the base is finished...then we can pillage the moon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  13. Constant

Constant Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7990@1115 1.290v
    population needs to be controlled.

we are WAY too many on this planet...

and we get :

illegal immigration , cheap (almost slave) labor , war crimes and abuse of human rights etc

earth cant handle us any more... and the situation in third world countries should alert us..

To sum it up , i find it more humane promoting NOT having children in poor countries , than bombing them later , or releasing diseases....

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The problem is that the standard of everydays life is unequally distributed. Children are the main way to not die in poverty in most third world countries, as the parents almost always stay with their kids late in life.

But I guess allescar meant, that we use up our ressources faster than we can replace them (no matter if they will replenish in a couple of hundreds of millions of years), there WILL come a day/time where the demand comes up to a situations where there's practically nothing left. Besides way to many people. That's what he meant by "definite", as far as I understood.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think allesclar meant it's not possible to have infinite resources on this (or any) planet.

You see, infinite vs. definite? As we're all living on this very "definite" planet?

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    http://www.davideagleman.com/descent.html

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein.

In other words, we're heading towards a one world order of centralized power and dictatorship.This needs to happen before the masses of average people realize that the answer to true happiness and content never came with a price tag attached.Love and a giving heart is all that's needed, no matter if you're financially stable or not.If one stands to disagree with that statement consider this.Wireless companies are running out of frequency space and are now considering tapping into the white noise frequency.We can accept the availability of frequency bands that we cannot touch, taste or smell as valid, but many will deny in an instant the existence of frequencies emanating from our own bodies driving the heart and brain to feel.Feel, is something the think tanks want you to take for granted like breathing.

The mystery schools of ancient babylon and it's students and practitioners know about the power lying in every human being.They're just trying to distract you from it because a distracted mind is easier to manipulate.For things to change, we have to start treating each other, as we would have others treat us.Once you know you cannot go back.The consciousness of the universe will not allow one with the knowledge to go off the path, simply because one should now know better and it WILL put things in place should one decide to willingly ignore.

If you're two minded about having a family, don't be.Love is in the family and love is the only true weapon we have my friends.Only love can save us.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I am thinking finite is the word for our planet.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think it actually is the opposite of infinite.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Both of which are true, imo.

However enough about semantics me thinks...

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeah I thought finite cause we were talking about infinite before :D then there's definite and indefinite :eek: our planet is definitely a planet :p and that planet is finite while we are spending resources like they are infinite. oh god that sounds so weird.