The End.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IcE, Oct 15, 2014.

1. spider

spider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    No?
    http://givingpledge.org

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Like all this technology and variance of food? Well it cant be had and be rid of poverty as it stands.

Exploitation fuels our way of life like it or not.

What we need is a really huge step in advance on technologies so all countries can be self sustainable. Can you imagine how long the UK, as an example, would last without any imports based on the current population?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    As it provokes only a discussion that won't show any real gain, end, or final statement. And it makes short comments quite more common. :D

Oh, and as for the giving pledge, it's families and individuals, not companies. Stated right there on top. Not companies.

4. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    IMHO we will see the end of civilization as we know it in the United States, and whoever it affects within the next 20 years. The world will go on, but it will be much different.

We may not call it a Cold War just yet, but China is a threat. Unrestricted warfare, and unconventional warfare threaten our infrastructure. We may not call it Cold war yet, but Russia, under Putin, has become a threat. We have radical Islam to deal with, and from within, the government restricting our liberties more and more every day.
    There will be a boiling point, and I don't think the majority of our population can handle it.

You see it in St. Louis, you see it in Ferguson, you saw it in New Orleans, you saw it in LA with Rodney King, Hell Ice, I don't know if you remember, but I saw it here in Toledo when the KKK had a rally in the North end. Civil unrest. Rioting, disrespect for the law, chaos.
    If something pisses off the average citizen, we no longer protest peacefully, people riot. People loot. People get violent.

Now go back to the second paragraph and imagine what would happen if the US dollar collapses, a nationwide terrorist attack happens, our infrastructure is compromised, or the government goes one step too far. Say our water supply is poisoned, or our agriculture is somehow hampered. What if food becomes the luxury of the rich man? What if electric is metered out by the government? Suppose through internet hacking, we all lose our savings, and are thrown into a second depression?

The people will do one of two things

1) They will take it like sheep, because they are dependent on Government and don't want to kill the golden goose. ( I believe the government is preparing for this day already by increasing entitlements more and more every day)

2) They will revolt. They will turn on police, government, neighbors, people with opposing political POV's,....either out of anger or panic, they will riot, loot, kill fellow citizens, and take an "Every man for himself" mentality. ( I believe the government is preparing for this by militarizing the local police forces, and assaulting the second amendment more and more every day.)

Every empire falls. I don't believe for a second Western Civilization is immune. We have shown time and time again, that when the chips are down, we resort to animalistic behavior, and become not a civilized society, but a pack of savages.

5. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I don't think we are close to the end and not for positive reasons.

Humanity won't go out with a bang as they deserve...they will longer on under acid clouds, over hot atmosphere...low oxygen levels...little biodiversity and will inbreed and suffer until we are all mutated and sickly...they will live on this way until our sun gives out and takes us.

Just look at india, we will all be bathing and drinking our own filth long before we come to our senses.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'm sorry, can't help it, but you reminded me of the following :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    As for how close we are to the end, I cannot tell or even guess.

However, the current rate of using resources, be it natural, economical or otherwise, is insustainable IMHO.

Humanity is reaping what they sow as it is.
    Truth be told, I'm becoming more and more hesitant each day about bringing children in to this world.

They'll just be left to deal with the mistakes the previous generations have made. And probably die trying to with nothing to show for it.

Humanity doesn't deserve salvation.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
  10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sadly,we are going on a suicide route.Overpopulation and natural resources drying up are just fueling the end.
    And denial isn't help anyone.Nobody seems to really accept that we are too many,and there is no escape from it.
    As another guru said,more and more i am worried about having children.What future ?One in wich Fallout scenario seems so possible ?

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You must be kidding. How are they a threat, exactly? The only thing they want to do is live their lives without being dictated to by other countries, and that is never a threat unless the other countries believe their way of life is better and all other countries should be subservient to their way of thinking.

12. spider

spider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 OC 4GB
    China a threat? Come on!
    Chinas economy is working right now, but its showing now an enormous grow of dept in the private sector.
    From 145% of GDP in only 5 years to 220% a growth of 75%

The US economy needed for an growth of 125% 25 years from 1982 till 2007

I think everybody knows what happened in 2007

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    As someone who is studying Political Science and Economics in University, I must say that the level of ill-informed nonsense here is amazing. :bang:

For those that think we're running out of resources, look up the history of "Peak Oil".

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    He's right. They are a big threat. Look at the population, they're everywhere! :D

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    I assume you're talking about natural resources here (I didn't look up what you suggested yet)?

Plus what exactly do you mean with "ill-informed nonsense"?

We're consuming resources more than they're replenished either way.
    Food, fossil fuels, forests etc.

They may not run out in a dozen, hundred or even a thousand years, but they will, eventually, run out at the current rate. And after that, then what?

Something needs to give.

16. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    im not afraid nothing will ever happen unless the masses wake up and try to destroy the banks and and the stock exchange ,and houses like moodys and finch ,forbes etc.Only then the human race has a chance of shining and a chance of total distraction all together.Dont believe what you see on tv!!!

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    ^ didn't you just get a huge "loan" from the EU?

I wouldn't mock banks (or anyone) so much if I were you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    I was just going to say something along those lines. :banana::nerd:

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Well, seems we see eye-to-eye then about things (I noticed you "signing" my idea about ebola in the other thread) ;)

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    Obviously you are a classy individual!:)