The Dream Thread!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Pr0v, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    do you mind sharing the coolest ones? :)

2. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    i have them occasionaly. the two that i remember best were as follows:

1. i was right at the point where i was about to fall asleep. i wasnt fully awake and i couldn't move a muscle on my body or breathe, but i could clearly make out the wall in front of me. Suddenly, right in front of me where i was looking at the wall, this face of an old woman, all decomposing, appeared. She was grinning, but i got the feeling she was not too friendly. then, i woke up and pretty much shrugged it off, thinking "what the f*ck" and went back to sleep.

2. I'm sleeping at my firends house and I "wake up." i can see, but i cant move. I get the feeling that tons of "things" are crawling out of the wall behind me and are starting to crawl on my back and eat me. As they get closer this buzzing noise rises and rises. I start panicing and i attempt to move my self, but at best i can only very slowly move my finger tips. Suddenly i wake up. I look around and go back to sleep... pretty strange.

3. JaBbErWoCkY

JaBbErWoCkY Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT + NV Silencer 5 @ 420/1.2
    Sounds nasty, textbook paralysis. I used to have a form of night terrors crossed with sleepwalking when I was younger. Technically I was dreaming, although my eyes were open and I had conscious decision of where I was walking and what I did, however I would see the things from my nightmares around me in the real world - pretty scary stuff. The weirdest thing is I could both talk to people while I was having them, and remember them quite clearly, both are not really possible with sleewalking/night terrors as the brain should be in stage 4 of deep sleep.

4. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Im being imprisoned with like 20 others in a big ****ing building, by who we are imprisoned I don't know. Than someone manages to break open some door, we all run through it looking for a way out as fast as possible. Cause we might get caught again, some kids start trying all kinds of doors seeing if they are locked or not. Then a friend of mine (someone I really know actually) finds a door with stairs going down, were all still running like mad but we think the stairs are a good idea. Then that friend makes uber jumps on the stairs. He laughs.
    Then I can only remember that I didn't want to finish the dream and stay in it, but I wake up.

5. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    I just had a pretty strange dream last night. it went something like this...

Some person (i'm not sure who) is imprisoned and needs help to escape. This wierd government organization hires Solid snake to infiltrate the compound (which is a bunch of wierd rock caves) and save the person, sending them through a portal and telleporting them back through time to where we are. The whole time i'm either watching the thing from above or take part as some character or other. Soon we rescue the person, and we try to go through the portals (there are 2) but one of them doesnt open a whole in the wall big enough that we can get through.

Then, suddenly the compound is an old hospital, and we are standing in a long corridor. i look though a window to a room and see old rusting equipment. There is a creepy looking metal chair sitting in back of a pool of disgusting loking water, facing the door. On a concrete block at the foot of the chair is written "caution, bathing will cause death, patient psychotic" or something similar to that, i cant really remember. On the walls are all sorts of rusty surgical instruments and medeival torture devices. The atmosphere seemed like something out of a Silent Hill game. Suddenly we all think that we need guns to protect our selfs.

next, the dream is a flashback, and i am a little kid living with my father and sister. My father wants to buy an AK-47, but it makes my sister upset, so i draw a picture of the AK for her. As i was drawing it, some guy rang my door bell and woke me up, ending my dream.

6. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    IS this weird, i rarely every have dreams, i goto sleep and i wake up, wtf....

I remember how i always used to remember my dreams in detail, and at least know the fact i dreamt something.

Now, nothing happenes, and when it does it always has to do with the same dreams, or past experiences.

7. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Sorry for the late reply. This one was kinda noteworthy.

Yesterday at work, I was looking through a WIRED magazine and saw what looked like a black stealth boat. It was a yacht that somehow looked like a child of another one and an F-117. It could do 80 mph and it was like 26.7 million dollars. I forget how much horsepower the engine had.

Last night I dreamed I was the owner of that black yacht. And I was about to set sail, but my co-worker (one from my real job) told me the navicomputer wouldn't boot up. So I go up to the upper deck (in my dream this thing was probably bigger than it was in the magazine) and the room where the comp was was a retro 80s style arcade with Galaga and Pac-man etc. I fell on the floor and thought I had died and gone to heaven. After getting up, I went to the computer and checked the SCSI drives, and I found I was able to get to the login screen.

THEN THE ALARM CLOCK WENT OFF!!! (Wife had to go to work).

But what a weird--and cool dream.

8. dreams are awesome, but you shouldn't fear that you dont dream for days or a month, that just means your brain dont require to dream, it means you're brain is fine, but there are some proof that lacks of dreams bring tiredness and or morning headaches the next day.

Mind you i'm having insomnia lately and i must do a 24 Hour shift today, going out in 3 hours. Zzzzzz :bolt:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2005
  9. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ino3D Ichill
    When I was younger, I used to control my dreams everytime because I was always aware that it's a dream. hahaha..... I even bullied freedy krueger and some demons :D But there is just one thing I can't control at will, whenever I try to fly, sometimes I can't... at times when I just walk or run I will just suddenly fly.

After sometime I get bored and decided to just let it go and see what happens next. Now I can't seem to control them because I usually (about 98%) get dreamless sleeps.