The Division: PC graphics performance benchmark review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2016.

1. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Hmmm, for a game that badly needs mGPU, it's not doing as well as I'd expect at launch (scaling). Might even have to overclock a little.

Looking forward to see vRAM update.

2. Bansaku

Bansaku Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    I know eh? I think the oldest AMD card they should include is the HD7950 3GB, or at the very least the HD7970. My HD7950 in CFX still pull in the high frame rates on modern AAA titles maxed out at 1200P, ofter scoring higher than a single 980Ti (edit: Once AMD gets their drivers in order for a specific title).

3. DeadlyBGShadow

DeadlyBGShadow Member

GPU:
    EAH 4870 1G
    From what i see Fury and Nano are doing well against 980 for cards with less Pixel Fillrate.
    And Fury X is not that behind 980Ti with it's 4GB VRAM and it's 1.4x less Pixel Fillrate.

The Game is still new so optimizations will be done but for now the game looks unbiased regarding your hardware choice of brand.
    Regarding the age of it though there is something to be said :D Only over 500 Euro cards are Playable in 1080p Ultra.

The Gamers will decide if the game is revolutionary technological masterpiece ,that will offer competing experience even in the future, or just a badly coded game that will be playable after a Software Update or generations of hardware updates.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for the great work Hilbert!
    Not happy to see SLI weak on this one, but CFX also doesn't seem to do all that good either. Ubicrap game maybe.

5. Davud

Davud Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    Is there no real anti aliasing option? MSAA,TXAA?
    just post FX AA?

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Update: -- added graphics memory usage

7. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    2080TI
    why isnt CPU performance testet?
    I think taht would be interesting as well.

8. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    More like Ubi+nvidia gameworks, that combo is like an instant death sentence for a decent running game. Wish those two would part ways.

9. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Id like to see, if it is possible, the FuryX VRAM usage both "real" and "dynamic" side by side with that titanX to see if what hardocp stated with TR happens in this game.

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    AAA+ quality work once again from HH. :thumbup:

I don't have the game yet but from looking the charts 1440p seems to be quite feasible especially with a good OC.

11. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I had real issues with the 980 at 4k in other games even if the fps was okay, I believe the culprit was the low vram bandwidth. I'm not suprised that you're facing something similar now.

12. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    pff im really stuck here .. from the last 2 drivers from amd both crashed for me on my r9 290 , fan speed even got stuck and is not responding anymore via msi after burner then i reinstalled the newest driver worked again but crashed again then .. again not working anymore i really need 2.3 like right now !

13. cala86

cala86 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 580@915
    Very good review mr Hagedoorn. Nothing about cpu behaviour? Core usage, multi-threading optimization?
    Thanks and best regards

14. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    the benchmark must be buggy or something.

when i run the bench at 1440p ultra with my gtx970 i see fps around 40, pretty identical to the results here.
    but when the bench is done the game says fps have been around 60 (what is not true).

15. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    970 performance drops a lot at ultra 4k, still no one should play with a single card in ultra 4k on this game

16. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 270X GTX970
    Nice review Hilbert. Glad I'm on a gaming pause for a while, although 970 in my other rig would run this game just fine in 1080p, 760 in my specs for sure is no go for this game: just a quick look at 770 performance @ 1080p makes me wanna puke, it couldn't keep up even with R9 370 4GB or 950 2GB, these are weaker GPU's no doubt about that but 2GB more on R9 370 and advanced texture compresson on 950 are doing its job better than just 2GB on 770.

Wondering how it would be with single 770 4GB, anyone with 770 4GB care to share the results?

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Milojko, remember the debate that day? I told you how 770 is barely faster than 950 and you ware telling me how 760 is same performance as 960?

Well, take a look here, trusty guru3d review. Its not the first game as well, this is happening for a while now and i expect this trend to continue.

18. tayguerr

tayguerr New Member

GPU:
    770 2gb
    Kepler performance is just pathetic, and I see that Maxwell continues to lose it's significant leads over previous gen AMD equivalents that are still running fairly strong. It would make sense that Nvidia wants Kepler users to upgrade to something newer, but why is Maxwell performance dropping off now to the point that we'd need a 980ti to run current games at full settings higher than 1080p?

19. konmarin

konmarin Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 750 ti sc
    can you guys bench it with gtx 950 in sli and 370 in crossfire it will be interesting thanks in advance!!!

20. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950