1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    They said that DLCs will be free. So what's in ''Year 1 pass'' ? Cosmetic items ?

2. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Basically.

3. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    main thing is the 7 day early access to the free DLC in year one.

Memorian likes this.
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    I see people complaining because enemies are bullet sponges..They forget that this is a loot slash ARPG..They also complain about AI, i found AI to be good in Normal and really good in Hard.

AsiJu likes this.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I got to level 5 with limited playing time in the Beta and enjoyed it. They cram a lot of content into this game and I will definitely get it on launch (but no pre-order.. never pre-order)
    I found that the sound was good, the graphics look great and its optimized. Had no major issues during the beta.. looking and playing solid. Also, at a suggestion of someone in the recent nvidia driver thread, updating to the latest WHQL gave a substancial boost to performance - at least it did for me.

AsiJu likes this.
  6. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I don't know mate, I think AngryJoe pretty much tell (shows) how AI looks in D2, it's still bad as it was in D1.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    They're definitely not bullet sponges in the second one, and arguably not in the first one now.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    We played a different BETA then..

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    I think we did, just watched the first part of Joe's video and disagree with him entirely. Can't stomach watching the rest he plays it really dumb like an arcade shooter, and I really don't get why anyone would want to play the game leaving the damage numbers turned on, so annoying and distracting!

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Damage numbers are essential when you're building your character, you want to know exactly how much oompf your shots do.
    Ie. shooting range in Division 1 base of operations + damage numbers on = great way to compare stats and builds vs. damage output (that's what the place is really for, not target practice...)
    Especially as you can also use Skills in shooting range.

AngryJoe is useless though, that's a given :D
    If you play this like an arcade shooter you're playing it all wrong. Besides enemies in D2 are not bullet sponges at all based on Beta.

Armored enemies take more beating on purpose, naturally.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Yeah that I can see for sure, never done it myself as I've not found it necessary but leaving it on in the game as a whole I just find completely ugly and offputting.

12. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Honestly the BETA felt like a less polished Division 1. Other than the setting and in some areas better graphics/detail, it plays basically the same as the first game. I never even finished the first game, but playing the BETA made me want to jump back into the first game. So I'll probably do that and get the second when it goes on sale.

13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Regarding AJ, that's his opinion and he is entitled to it.

He bangs on about wanting something different, but I can only speak for myself when I say that I do not want something different, I liked The Division because it was 'The Division'.

I don't want them to radically change the formula at this point, I want them to build on the existing foundation.

One of my bigger complaints about the original game was the 'Bullet Sponge' mechanic and I still don't like it, but it fits the game, the game wouldn't work if you could 'one shot' everything with your M9.

They did tone this down significantly in the original game, and I think it is a good compromise at this point, same with what I have seen of Div 2.

Yes, it has a realistic setting and it is using real weapons, but there has to be some level of 'suspension of disbelief', the game has realistic roots but is equally, and quite clearly, fictional.

For example, I love how the 'chargers' now take a hit of something before they charge you, because you would have to be high out of your f*cking mind to charge at someone shooting at you with an M60 while you are essentially unarmed.

Personally, the new locale with the same gameplay is exactly what I was wanting and I'm really glad Ubisoft chose to go with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' approach.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yep and again, Division is a loot based ARPG, hence you can't be oneshotting enemies from the get go.

Based on BETA now you can take out unarmored enemies of same level with a couple of well placed rounds, no problems with that.

I remember watching AJ's review of original Division and it definitely made me angry, lols!

But back on topic: Ubi just shut up and take my money already. Just release the game as is and patch it up later, it's better than Division 1 at release readily anyway :D

Netherwind and BangTail like this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @AsiJu

Some people hate the guy, I don't.

He is entitled to his opinion, as we all are.

As far as him expecting The Division 2 to be a totally different type of game, that was probably a fairly stupid expectation on his part.

But I genuinely never understand why a company (and some of them do this stupid sh!t) would take a winning formula that sold incredibly well and totally change it in the hopes of attracting one type of player when you will almost certainly alienate all the people who loved the previous installment.

At any rate, Ubi made the right move :D

cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yes, all Ubi needed to do was take what works in Division and just refine and tweak it for Div. 2, which they seemingly did for all intents and purposes. Besides Div. 1 proved that should missteps happen, patches will iron them out.
    That should hopefully also give Massive confidence to try something new with future game modes for example.

Division 2 seems familiar yet completely new and different, which is all I could hope for really.

Btw one QoL change I really liked was that weapon mods are now unlockable Perks and available for all weapons from unlocking.
    No need to try and find random mods anymore let alone try to manage them. Especially as mods couldn't be rerolled or optimized.
    Hope they use the same system for Gear mods.

Also neat you can upgrade Perks now. Oh, and the stats are stated beforehand and not random rolls.

Darn, game isn't even out yet and already I'm rambling on about it. Green Poison got me bad!

BangTail likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    @AsiJu @BangTail I'm with you guys, I absolutely loved the beta and had a lot of fun with it. I love how there are so many small details in the game, like you can shoot through glass to glass and through that as well and still destroy a mug or a book or something. Lamps out on the street can be shot for extra coverage and so forth.

Not all was great though, the most annoying thing was the deconstruction - it takes too long to deconstruct something (did you notice the progress bar would sometimes reset one or several times?) plus you have to wait for the space bar confirmation. Would be better to be able to mass deconstruct things. Missing sound SFX here and there somewhat broke immersion. Also found several instances of water clipping and also two cases of incorrect collision detection. Hope all this will be fixed in a month :)

I'll definitely buy the game, that's for sure.

BangTail and AsiJu like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You can mass deconstruct by marking as junk first and then deconstructing all :)
    Or mass sell, whichever you want to do. Worked in Div. 1 and worked in Div. 2 Beta too. Well at least mass sell did, didn't try mass deconstruct, maybe it wasn't implemented yet.

Quirks will be ironed out by release I strongly trust.

Btw I did the unthinkable and... pre-ordered!

Netherwind and BangTail like this.
  19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    There are rumors about a public beta coming up soonish. I'll keep this beta installed for the time being, might save me the download time.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    destiny seemed to be the looter shoot joe put the most into, he was tepid about the division one, so did they do enough if you were meh about division to hook you in? no not for joe and co. game largely feels the same looks the same acts the same.

kept rambling that tom clancy held the game back.....tom clancy was already rolling in his grave at the gameplay in division one, nothing here changed that, but i guess joe wants pure scifi division, so he wants the division to look and play like destiny..........;p.

maybe destiny 3 he will like.