1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Evileh

Evileh Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX OC 8GB
    disable the sdk in the icue program its self so the lights don't go out when you play (re-enable when you stop playing)

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Reached level 7 yesterday and finally got a sniper rifle, really like how the gunplay has been changed from the first one, lot more realism based now, sniper rifle is extremely powerful but slow to reload, other guns kill fast but harder to keep on target, one of my biggest pet peeves is the silly arcade hit/kill icon when you're shooting someone, no need for that wish it could be turned off. Played for quite a few hours yesterday with no disconnects.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah I got lucky and got a M107 or what they're called the little bullpup variant of the M105 .50 doing 1.5k damage. (Saw a end-game build doing 105k damage though via a shotgun so. :( Oh well. Ha ha.) ... then I leveled up and had to sell it for finding a old-time rifle looking like a service model from the last war since it was one level higher and doing nearly 2k damage. :D

Liking that there's more variety overall though rifles are still mainstay whether it's single shot damage, burst or full auto each with higher DPS but less overall base damage and then the entirely separate marksman rifle as usual doing all the damage but taking some time per shot so when Billy The Boss throws 5x molotovs and shoots HMG all over the place and uses restoration for armor and other cra...fty abilities you need some more consistent output until the AI finally gets stuck and can't navigate properly and you can just pick the dude off nice and easy. :p

EDIT: Oh and in the map screen moving to the other tabs it is possible to disable the near constant "Agent is request back-rub!" messages. (Backup but eh they can handle themselves.)

...It doesn't save though so it has to be re-done constantly when getting back into the game.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Gaming X
    The only thing that i don't like so far, is the sound of the weapons..It's pretty weak.

BangTail likes this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Memorian

This was an initial complaint that I had concerning the original game, the sounds are correct versus their real world counterparts, but they lack punch.

The M1A is a good example, the actual sample is correct, but it sounds like all the gun sounds are 'undermixed', making the firefights sound underwhelming.

Sometimes I find that games are mixed to sound their best on headphones, the COD franchise being probably the best example.

The weapons don't sound great on speakers but they are not half bad using headphones.

I will have to try Div 2 on headphones at some point, so far I have only played it on speakers, and like the first game, the weapon sounds just lack 'oomph'.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  6. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    Division 2 still doesn't show up in my games Library. activated the code, got confirmation and can't download.

That's not gonna get fixed until the beta is over, guess I got the shaft.

edit: just got another e-mail and can download now. Hmm I got only half way in.

Reminder, never use a AMD rewards programm again, you're always late, same with RE2 got the Key 5 hours after release.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok so I played it a bit and it runs so much better now compared to alpha. Not sure is it also new 418.81 driver, but now I'm able to play above 70-80fps all the time, few dips to mid 60-65fps (before @ alpha and older driver I was in mid 40-50fps, rare 60+fps).. I play with all at max or high, except volumetric ultra/cinematic is a bit too much.

But I have few quirks, options menu sometimes gets unresponsive and chromatic aberration and sharpen keeps getting rested to enabled or sharpen to 10. Is it dx12 bug? Speaking of dx12 it can crash time to time, mostly if I try to enter options menu.. is dx11 stabler?

as for gameplay well it's a bit better now compared to closed alpha, but I doubt I will buy this on rls.

Visually its not so advanced either, I played with brightness and contrast a bit to make it less cartoony, but this chromatic looks weird by morning light and trees, but it keeps getting enabled again lol

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti MSI Trio
    Thanks, I found that info a bit later after having written my post.

9. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    As performance goes, it is kinda strange. I tried various settings but It doesn't really change the resulting fps and they sometimes dip to 50s, maybe not enough VRAM ? I realize I need an upgrade, but D1 runs much better and it looks very similar.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ yeah had the same observation, settings don't seem to affect performance by much, likely due to Beta status.

However managed to squeeze in a few hours and I must say so far so good!

Gunplay and loot systems have had a few changes making them seem even better than D1. I like even low level gear uses those "Brand Sets" granting some bonuses when using multiple pieces from the same brand.
    Control Points and keeping them resourced seems like a neat idea but I'm afraid that'll boil down to busywork.
    However the recruit staff etc. changes to Base of Operations seem like a nice touch vs. gathering just arbitrary resources aka D1.

And then for the real kicker: DX12 didn't give me any performance regression! I know right.
    Perhaps even a slight boost and frame pacing was definitely a lot better in DX12.

I got some stuttery motion with DX11 even if framerate was high but that problem was gone after switching to DX12.

Game looks good but not a major upgrade visually from D1. Character models do look a bit cartoonish and some areas look bland but I trust final release will be better in this regard as well.

Interesting to see how they spin the story. It's a good idea that D2 takes place in the aftermath of D1, ie. pox outbreak is over and in D2 people are trying to pick up the pieces and move on.

All in all looks very promising and there already seems to be a fair amount of polish in the beta.
    Surprisingly didn't encounter a single disconnect or CTD so far.

Some missions seemed bugged though and rappelling ropes seem to not work in general but again beta issues.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti MSI Trio
    I got quite a boost changing from Ultra to High but like you said, changing the various settings manually didn't do much.

12. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I also can't use DX11 at all, first, it's not smooth when moving, even with vsync on.
    But the main reason is that with DX11 I get around 85% usage on GPU, while on DX12 it was at the same place only like 40%

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    It's definitely a lot more of a realism shooter (with some caveats) than the arcade shooter the first one was, enjoying it a lot, just hate the stupid hit marker, I don't need to see a red icon telling me I killed a guy.

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Love the beta, runs so much better. They also fixed the Delta disconnect errors it seems.

Contrary to some of you guys i find the weapon sounds to be very realistic. Explosions sound a lot more impressive than guns like it should be. Totally awesome.
    The trick is to have the music off or very low and set the voices lower as well.

15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @DocStrangelove

Yah, I never said they weren't realistic, what I did say is that they are mixed too low.

It sounds like you are 100 yards above the firefight when you are right in the middle of it.

The first thing I do is turn off the music, and it does help, but I prefer when guns are mixed very loud (as they actually are in reality).

Obviously, a lot of studios mix guns sounds significantly lower than they actually are irl and that's fine.

Insurgency Sandstorm does a very good job where the weapon sounds are concerned, probably the best example out there.

Again, I love the beta and I am genuinely looking forward to the game.

The overall sound is fine, the weapons sound like the actual weapons just a little quiet for my taste, it's not going to hurt my enjoyment of the game.

I will say that I had the same problem with the original game but I either got used to it or they tuned the sound as they patched it, either way, no big deal.

Oh yeah, and as an aside, DX12 seems to be much improved since the maintenance patch, runs great now.

16. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    looks decent, they haven't changed too much from the core gameplay.

Did I miss the FOV slider in the options? Is there one?

17. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    No FoV slider, also Ambient Occlusion does not seem to work at all.

BangTail and Geryboy like this.
  18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Is that why the lighting seems really flat in daytime like there's some shaders missing/not working?

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I had the same observation myself, some daytime places looked bland or flat and thought that AO doesn't work.
    No shading in corners or crevices.

Especially when those places seemed to be in indirect light ie. behind another building and not directly illuminated by sun.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Got through the "Endgame" mission, I like that you can explore a bit too and see some of the other changes, even found one of the bosses wandering about.
    [​IMG]

I don't like that they have little to no cooldown for their abilities though and stuff like suicide drones, medic in a bot, miniature a-hole tank and Call of Duty style grenade spam barrage just drops your way constantly, still the AI similar to the first game has problems with chokepoints and doorways so if they're cheap, be cheaper! :p

The Taurus guys are quite something that way and that's just some of the crap they send at you but it's manageable though yeah they're not very balanced or fair at all so far.

EDIT: Though I see others have said similar about these enemies and their abilities plus a few additional things like preemptive grenade explosion stagger to the player still being a bug in this game.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...sive_you_went_to_all_this_trouble_to_improve/