The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Another proof Massive doesnt know what they want with Div2, even after they brought Div1 back to life with community member feedback and support. You'd think they paid close attention and learned their lessons the 1st time they screwed up.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Changed a bit in TU6 again with some types no longer actively dropping but yeah they changed several positively received and working systems from the first game that players have been very vocal about and that Massive in response have basically either worked around or made some kinda messy workarounds for or changing it up like how the skill requirements for mods increase drastically but the overlap can still see a lower gear mod just be overall better and then the battery system but then TU6 also nerfed the amount added by these "battery" mod additions but introduced the Technician specialization with a eventual tech tree unlock for a 50% extra skill power.

Loot targeting is still quite a RNG but at least you can now get a rotating means of gathering X type of item or item brand for armor plus these do cover for exotics as well although with a very low drop chance.
    Adjustments to gear sets and the unique bonuses and changing all existing builds yet again.

Will be interesting to see what TU7 does, next up is a smaller patch and server side maintenance fixing the "Perk available." prompt for dark zone unlocks despite there not being any and the recurring invasion cinematic / map pan which since that's unskippable opening the map screen and having to wait for that to play out can be really irritating or downright unhealthy during an active encounter so a toggle to disable the animation would be welcome but has been suggested since invasions were a thing far as I recall. :p

Still one more piece of content for Year 1 and seeing what that does and the second raid for early next year I think it was tentatively planned for though at almost 200 hours now I got quite a bit out of the game though if things go well Massive might move on to content additions for Year 2 as well instead of smaller patches or events, shame Central Park was never extended into for the first game on that note.

Well guess they'll have something to announce once this third and final for year one piece of content is out whether that's part of TU7 and a bit of a longer wait until the next substantial update or for TU8 whatever is next, maybe next weeks State of the Game will have some detail.
    (Last week didn't really have one just that they were busy working on the next update and the upcoming server maintenance and smaller patch which might just be another mini download again.)

Oh yeah there's probably some Tactical Santa Suit or something for the next event of apparel items that will probably be a mix of neat and weird again, last one wasn't bad but wearing grampas service outfits and some never-ever-washed space suit from who knows where well once again a bit mixed but eh some people liked it, got a nice leather jacket at least but the NVG's look kinda goofy and the later festival masks as of TU6 are downright ridiculous.

Santa's being more expedient this time, lead instead of coal!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: The regular rifles are still a bit meh though but then again assault rifles are by nature a bit of a jack of all and the game works on DPS mostly though a sniper can work well and the LMG's are good in groups when you're not fumbling with the ammo belt.
    (The mag types don't quite work as well even if they reload better.)

Can't really say much though, been using the Liberty pistol and the exotic holster to make holes in targets while turret Beep and drone Boop (When it's AI feels like it that is.) do most of the work.
    (Pop the heavies armor and they can mostly take anything other than elites and stationary minigun emplacements because again DPS wins against all.)

EDIT: Suppose in close combat a shotgun might do good unless it's groups of enemies (Slow firing after all, generally.) and SMG's well maybe though a crit focused build and AR seems like it'd do better.
    (Could just need the right bonuses and rolls for damage and such though, it's not exactly easy to get that.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Singleton99 and DocStrangelove like this.
  3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Haven't played this in so long, just no real drive to go back to it. When I returned to The Division 1 after about 10 months or so away the new content really blew me away, especially the addition of Survival and The Underground, seems to be nothing like that added to The Division 2 just more of the same?

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The university sorta works like the underground but the location is closed for a while and then opens up again for a period of two weeks before closing and getting some new modifier the next time it becomes available for exploration and now with the mastery system adding a little extra challenge which if the player completes that it provides more loot or something, previous one I believe was that enemies dropped grenades on death.

It's not quite the same though, Manning Zoo also occasionally has a invaded variant to it now allowing players to run a revamped Black Tusk variant of the mission.

I found the underground to be more entertaining though instead of 3x objectives over 3 larger sized and more open areas where various parts are active depending on the current chosen objective although the amount of loot and also keys for faction chests is good and if you know which areas will spawn in the hordes of enemies or if it requires activating some object first it is possible to loot the entire place before starting any fighting though I don't believe the area has any modifiers active. :)

Pentagon is available now too but it's another Black Tusk location though it has some additional story advancement and some new locations but other than a fixed reward for the new shotgun type introduced and some backpack apparel after clearing it once I haven't been back. (Faster to clear invaded missions for rewards and XP after all.)

EDIT: As to the first game and Division 2 I really liked the addition of the West Pier or what it was called as a end-game PvE area against all the hostile factions at a higher difficulty but with some nice rewards for players who braved it either solo or as part of a group.

Second raid for Division 2 should be available early next year too for another 8-man group mission which I assume might also see sets for the Gunner and Technician made available since the current three sets from the first raid focus on the three default specializations and don't do anything for these two.
    (Sets and exotics have a curious role and balancing though, high-end yellows and mixing and matching often works best.)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Singleton99 and Grimbarian like this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Thanks for the info Jonas, definitely sounds as though I should check it out and see what's changed, be interesting to see how it runs with my 5700rx now I have it :)

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Tbh I was a bit worried this would happen. Div. 1 was a mess at launch but became sublime with updates.

Div. 2 was very good at launch by comparison so Massive may start doing changes for the sake of changing things and not for the better.

Having played the game more now and seen what TU6 did and partially what previous TUs did, not all changes are good or make sense even.

Very much liking the game anyway and you clearly have more build headroom than in Div. 1. No longer you need to invest into base stats (Firepower, Stamina, Skill Power) where you're clear cut to be DPS, tank, or support.

Especially removal of FA completely means you needn't sacrifice weapon damage if you want to invest in skill power.
    The new way armor works is also a lot better.

Still, all of those things were there at launch.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Oh that's right the base scaled with the stats in the first game and here it's mostly skill power and red, green or blue attributes and meeting certain requirements for talents plus what these affect for the player such as red gearing for damage, blue gearing for health/armor and yellow gearing for skills.

Can still get some really effective skill builds in Division 2 but until Massive readjusted and balanced it a bit the first game let players almost break things with skill builds and some of the later sets and modifiers for classified variants in various creative ways. :D

Div 2 requires some specialization or focus even with the Technician specialization lowering the amount of yellow/skill type modifiers you need plus this also was balanced between increasing the amount and the cooldown though it's still possible to get some really effective builds and then RNG also makes the mods a bit tougher to set up and the overlap is pretty high.
    (I like the turret for example but for damage I think the highest I've seen is 150% something and the max is actually 400% )

Gear pool and the re-adjusting table even with limits also takes some tuning but it's usable though getting good drops is going to be a bit tough.
    Max armor and damage affects the allotment and then the number of modifiers so the armor pieces with four bonuses will usually see less high rolls plus slots also take up this point pool and whatever trait a item gets.

One reason the blue and purple mods were so effective since they had one or two things only and thus a high gear level even if it might not be 450+ or full 500 could still be much better due to focusing all points allowed to a single bonus.
    (Until patches changed how these items were allowed to be used.)

Curious what TU7 will do and what's next and what later plans are but I guess it's too early beyond speculation beyond what's been hinted at or revealed and I guess a beta again for the TU7 changes whenever it's ready for public testing probably going for a few weeks and gradually expanding to cover most aspects of what Massive are changing this time.

EDIT: Well the output such as damage or skill efficiency or health and armor scaled I suppose not just the base modifier though certain builds could leverage damage, survival and skills or at least certain skills whatever worked best and with some of the sets like using a shield though before support stopped I think some of these were modified with 1.8.x or earlier so it's a bit more balanced but some stuff is probably still "optimal" or just better than other items or skills and builds as usual I guess. :D

Liked the progression as well both the feel of getting more powerful but the resulting look as well even with the cosmetic apparel items covering the player the gear goes from looking basic to nearly spec-ops or what to compare with.
    (Kinda happens in Division 2 but mostly for the first few generic and non-brand pieces to when these pop up after a few levels.)

Overall difficulty I think is down a bit in the second game, still a bit of a glass cannon compared to enemy forces but after a few unlocks of skills and perks you can get through most opposition until the world scaling and tiers kick in.

Some factions will probably be more troublesome depending on build and Black Tusk is what they are when introduced but even so it feels much easier than the beta and first few versions did.
    Though with the amount of hours and even if builds had to be redone it's made for more effective and optimized item usage and just learning and tearing through the bosses and content short of the raid or trying to go alone into Heroic invaded missions hah.
    (More of a personal challenge really, challenge difficulty gives a ton of XP and is more than doable in short time for many of them though the additions like the Pentagon missions in the patches run a bit longer and can be a bit more troublesome.)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    CK the Greek likes this.
  8. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
  9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Good, that message was a bit annoying.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    State of the game later today for what looks to be a 6.1 Title Update and one new holiday event which I guess means XMas themed rng crates (How low can the key drop rate go! :p ) and some extras.
    Guessing that means TU7 for next year and the next two missions plus the new raid and what not and probably same as before turning one of the prior area to a invaded variant again for the usual weekly rotation.

EDIT: Will be interesting to see if things quiet down for Year 2 or if they'll make a bigger effort to turn the game around and recapture the player base and increase popularity again now with the Year 1 roadmap and content out and what might happen or if it'll be a decrease in activity and maintenance and server side events and such either could happen since the game has a dedicated player base and is popular but it didn't meet Ubisoft's expectations even if it wasn't as rough as Breakpoint though that game is also trying to make a bit of a relaunch and effort to improve. :)
    (Nice to see the publisher isn't just dropping the game and moving on at least.)

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    TU 6.1

AsiJu likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    How does one acquire gear set items in Division 2 by the way?

Are they tied to certain activities and do they only start dropping in WT5?

Haven't seen a single piece yet (WT2).

How about Exotics?

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Used to be invaded missions gave gear set drops from bosses (Had a chance to at least.) but now just about anything can drop from the targeted loot map system though perhaps that only applies to WT4 and on where things are in full effect after taking the three secondary strongholds but before Tidal Basin and World Tier 5 is down.

Should be a green Gear Set area on the map with the location changing every day but any target item can drop any quality so chests or even regular mobs can drop chest set pieces for the map location that has chest pieces as the targeted loot and even without finding it the default way the weapon targets do include exotics but at a fairly low chance.
    The Yaahl brand items (Not a set but the usual three bonuses armors.) and one exotic I think and at least two named items and let's see two traits I think it was are Dark Zone exclusive as well.

Oh and for the targeted loot map sometimes it's a mission and sometimes it's just a area on the map switches around daily. :)

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thanks! Guess I need to reach higher tier.

Not that it matters, WT5 items will be the true end game stuff anyway.

16. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I tried it a few days back and it felt like they did some changes to enemies in free roam. They seem to spawn more of these random rush squads trying to kill you and also loot was better. Could be a coincidence, but I liked it :)

AsiJu likes this.