The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Went back to high-end after giving sets a try, they're not bad but the 5 and 6 piece bonuses aren't worth losing out 12 talents from that you would get from mixing the high-end gear plus the bonuses from these.
    (Side note there's a style called Yaahl or something exclusive to the dark zone but it drops really infrequently and so far I've not managed to get a single construction item out of breaking these down.)

For exotics it seems you can only have one equipped so after crafting the exotic pistol it felt like that's all though I am interested in seeing if I can complete the others besides Nemesis which is a bit meh for requiring certain side missions on a random weekly roll for the invasion stuff. (Getting that D50 high-end took forever to get too and I apparently have to break some exotic down to get bits to craft other exotics to upgrade their gear score.)

Batteries for skill power coming next too so lose one slot for these and hope you have enough for the other two seems a bit off too, would rather have it scale like it did in the first game maybe with some balance so the turret doesn't go from dukka-dukka-dukka to Dakka-Dakka-Dakka to DEATH-DEATH-DEATH and just slays all once you feed it up enough skill power items. :p

(Instead I have these high-level mods I can never really use because they just require too much and now they're splitting it further with the next patch too.)

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Gear Score still @ 500 with new patch?

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be up from 500 to 515 now for the highest tier content though I don't know if the same formula applies as before were ~480 was still identical to 500 for the primary stat of damage and armor but it can scale the bonuses a bit higher.
    (So 460 to 480 is still plenty viable and even better than 500 in many cases depending on rolls and bonuses.)

EDIT: The max damage and armor that is to clarify that, even exotics at the same GS can have different damage for how the rolls go.

Serotonin likes this.

5. TBH I hate the new update... I don't even mind that they lowered my SkillPower mods, which broke my build coz a few of my skill mods are now disable due to low skill power... But what they did to UI and inventory screen, that is just unbelievable. Removing double-click for going into subcategory just broke the whole menu flow, making it impossible to simple select the category with single click... On top of that they removed equipping of un-selected items with double-click, which you now need to select first... Why would they even change something that wasn't broken?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah agreed, its totally bs now and you cant even change to before the change. Took me alone at least 5 minutes to search for such an option in the menus.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

Hah, for whatever reason the game decided to spawn 3x ninja trash vikings or whatever to call them in a small interior padlocked area.
    Being melee only they couldn't really do much. :D

As for the update I find it weird how it sometimes show new items and sometimes doesn't show the indicator and the bug with a "!" unknown item is still there since the games launch although it's minimal.

EDIT: Ah it's not actually padlocked at all now is it.
    (Overcast weather says your shadows are invalid. New TAA mode is certainly doing a good job though.)

Quite something to see these guys taking on minigun Black Tusks too, bullet proof aluminum trash lids.

They usually don't last too long however as the shield is pretty small.
    But the melee attacks while weak and pretty pointless for players is devastating between enemies when there is some infighting or they attack the sightly better than JTF civilians in the game.
    (Being a bit better than the JTF isn't a big deal though they kinda sucked in Division 1 whenever you had some present on the map and "fighting" doing about nothing to enemies damage wise.)

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, Division 2 sold "10 times better" on UPlay then the first game did.
    Seems that instead of using Epic, most just bought it directly from Ubisoft. Ubisoft will see this as a win for them, as Steam users of the first game just went directly to the source.

This is most likely how their future releases will end up. Their exclusivity deal with Epic is helping them bolster their own UPlay platform, but I doubt Epic are that thrilled to see most users just go to Ubi's store instead of using theirs.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I still can't upgrade my work bench, stuck @ 300gs. Even after latest patch. Close to just uninstalling

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I remember reading some of those issues as well, it bugs out so the project even after completion doesn't let you upgrade to the next bench level.
    There's one in the white house and one under the helicopter (Which also has the re-roller thing and losing badly at RNG.) although I guess neither of these help if that bugs.

Hopefully that and other progression blockers get resolved in some interim hotfix, guessing it needs a data update and not just a server side or minor client data fix though but these need to be corrected as a priority fix.

Serotonin likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Watched a stream of the newly added Raid earlier, looked cool!

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I thought it seemed weird having a sniper go for pistol shots and trying to rush attack when they normally only go for the sidearm if you push up close to them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/bq4ypp/massive_you_seem_to_have_undone_a_lot_of_the/

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    To be fair, I fully expect that this was the intended outcome. For all the boasting about how Epic was a great partner, Ubisoft simply wanted to get more people on Uplay, as it has always done (with how the Steam versions launched through Uplay, and so do the Epic versions). Quite honestly, I've bought the few Ubisoft games on Uplay directly, because it's much less of a hassle (except those that are on GOG - I can backup the installers in that version).

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    AsiJu likes this.
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I can't even find Division 2 on Epic store :D
    And there is really something wrong with AI after latest patch.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Epic apparently botched up their first Mega Sale and as a result eg. all Ubi games have been removed from store for the moment.

Someone might comment on that with something snarky.... not me though....

epic wankers....

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Epic Mega Sale became...Epic Mega Fail? ;p

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Someone notcied theres no "action" anymore from the enemies on the map!? How are you suppose to get an outpost to level 3 if theres nothing you can do..this has to be a bug.

The only thing that seems to work is friendlies trying to attack outposts, thats it.

Edit: Alright...!? I idled 10 minutes on the map and NOW some popped up....wasnt like this before..

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  18. Considering the amount of bugs they added in TU3.0, I've decided to stop playing until the update 3.1 is released. I hate this new era of changing games after release. All they do is screw up everyone's builds and add new bugs... just wonderful.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The hyper aggressive AI and their durability has been a problem so far yes, almost makes shotguns a viable weapon though assault rifles still tear through just about anything when Sniper Yellow and Sniper Purple decide to melee a agent and the turret and the drone and well that was a quick boss fight at least. :D

Less so when it's a tank enemy with near instant kill melee attacks or a critical SMG or super shotgun (That range, that damage, that non-existent drop-off or spread!) but it's manageable with some tweaks but I'm not looking forward to running the island dungeon again with these issues when they spawn in heavy weapons enemies behind your position and I'd imagine the last part of Tidal Basin is a challenge now with Tusk Boss Imma Punchyou running berserk charging instead of acting like a proper sniper (Boss status so armor and health to make it a danger compared to other snipers where it's basically a suicide move from them trying to close up like that.) plus the mech-tech dogs and other stuff in that little circle arena. :p

And whatever other issues there might be, 3.0 seemed fine until the hotfix for the raid and dress-up 2.0 landed for that server side stuff they're doing but that might not be entirely on that and other bugs could have been introduced or re-introduced in 3.0 itself.

20. TU3.1 is incoming early next week. Probably on Monday:
    Source

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2019