The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Oh no it was already super slow to start :(

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    SSD is a few minutes now, HDD 10 or so though it seems not every system is affected and then when it does start up it takes longer still for the loading to the character screen though after that it's fine.
    Seems to be something with the adjustments to Easy Anti Cheat since the "container" for that is where it stalls for a few minutes until the game starts properly but it's probably only part of the issue since the only change is the definition file it uses.

Expecting a hotfix in a few days since it's pretty annoying to play the game due to the wait and for a SSD the game taking minutes to start up is just a perfect example of something being wrong with how fast data is sent back and forth to these.

3. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Not for me (Win7, Crucial MX500 1TB). It's slightly longer than before but feels like 30secs.

5. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I need wait about 4 - 5 minutes to game menu appear.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Thursday, April 18th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Patch Notes:
    • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
    • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
    • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
    • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
    • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
    • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
    • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
    • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Why do they reduce damage enemys make now!? I think it was fine, hard was easy already, now "significantly decreased"!? Hmm..!! Why didnt they test it on PTS, but no, throw it right into our faces..

Hopefully revive is finally fixed, it was a pain it wasnt working properly. Also no mention of the long loading times..

Edit: Seeing the responses there, people dont know wtf they are thinking making the game easier..theres also more rant now, longer maintenance, more bugs, etc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/be0zxr/state_of_the_game_april_17th_2019/
    List of tested/upcoming changes.

Really they changing whole taltens now. For instance if "patience" talent now needs 9 defensives (they said you needed 5 before which is plain wrong, you need 7, im playing with this talent since the beginning) im pretty ****** with my current build as i have to change a lot and i was finally done with it. Sigh. Really annoying, i dunno if im in the mood to change that again, and again...

Edit2: Loading times still not fixed. EAC is idling still a lot. They also "disabled" posting in the official maintenance thread, you get an error the forums are offline yet posting in other threads works fine, lol..

Edit3: Played two missions. Theres 1 sec delay/lag all over the place. You taking damage and enemys health bar delay reduced...ppl in my group experienced the same.
    So again, nice nice patching...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    It'll be so we stop moaning about how they've completely butchered talents on PTS.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Not using sniper rifles at all and also didn't get best upgrade roll, but still not bad at all :)

[​IMG]

10. garen123

garen123 New Member

GPU:
    8gb
    those are so nice at all, I do it at as standard thing at manticonvert

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Im building a gear set around that sniper now :) i didnt use sniper either. Tested the weapon a little in basement and you can easily do over 1mil damage with one shot. ;) But i still need to deconstruct an exotic to get some parts to get it from 490 to 500.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Missed a couple of days of playing for various reasons so think I missed the missions that get some of the parts and have to wait a couple of weeks :(

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You dont need to wait just activate invasion for the missions. Every invasion from Black Tusk that already happened is available with invasion mode. ;)

Yesterday evening: no crashes. Played a mission now for 10 minutes, crash...you can tell me what you want, its the servers and the population. And those loading/connecting times,..maaaaaan!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Aha that's great :)

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Already got parts, just didn't know where to get the blueprint, but it was a matter of a few minutes, so here we go :p

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    World Tier 5 now, starting to gear up and managed to get up to GS450 slowly building up to 460 (Seems staggered because everything is just sightly better than the earlier stuff so just junk all the early drops and build up slowly.) really liking the game still although the AI and enemy behavior can be really aggravating at times, dead angles (First person would so help but the scopes don't have the bonuses I want. :p ) using various tactics to cover for one another and ignoring any conventional tactics and just rushing because health and armor is a thing they get and you don't. It's tough especially when the reinforcements enter from where you just were because that's a thing but it's manageable though I miss the drone being more autonomous and now it needs a line of sight else it just does nothing though at least the turret works really well to block routes unless it's a heavy-weight because that's about the only way you'll see these guys run all "TURRET IS LOVE!" and just ramming right into it breaking it instantly pfft.

Auto-dog that some arse put a .50 on is a pain too but at least they're kinda slow and kinda dumb about cover and don't fire full auto (Until they do, always annoying when they fire a second shot shortly after the first ignoring the delay they usually have.) but yeah still having fun. Need to see about those exotics but not really doing hard or challenge runs for now until I get some higher gear score and can start building up for actual traits and sets and upping the workbench of RNG failure also took most of the random bits. (Crafting balance says you need ALL the bits for this little thing!)

Noticed doing the outposts at higher alerts also gives accessories so now I know where part of them find but others are apparently stuck on rotation for weekly events so yay for that ha ha. Still need to look up a few bits though but so far so good.
    Yeah the AI in the first game could do similar things and they had ridiculous armor too, good that's not as big here or I'd really miss going down to a lower world tier foregoing item rewards for just spreading the happiness and joy of the full auto rifle one pain in the behind Tusk at a time here. (Who's the tank now eh? Granted it doesn't really give any tangible reward and I think ti even downgraded the proficiency crates if you ever actually got enough "XP" to get one but it was really fun when you had enough being the glass-without-a-cannon character type.)

EDIT: Oh and some consistency on if doors should stay open, closed or open but invisible barrier because it's actually closed would be nice in a later patch, funnily enough the areas near the white house are all open including the rappel lines and locked gates and such you shoot open but the rest all respawn with the 24 hour and then some magic and incredibly heavily armed gnome goes and refills all the fun weapon and armor boxes in the game world but also padlocks everything and retracts the zipline-shortcuts. Other than the white house area because some reason. :p

Missions and even bounties can affect these too though, some do alter which paths and shortcuts open and then depending on time of day and other factors you might see some ambusher faction guys roam around also using these. Nice little detail whenever you actually don't need to use said path yourself. (Which is usually always. They're handy and there's loot there!)

EDIT: Gee you sure you're not missing some heavily armored rocket launching mech or something too, enough heavy armor already?

[​IMG]

Robo-dog, two track-turrets, man-in-can and the ass is a grenadier with pro-skills from Call of Duty or something arcing these incendiaries everywhere. :p

[​IMG]

Kiting! Now who's on the receiving end.
    (Have drone, have turret and have burning sensation because you somehow didn't immediately dodge roll the moment I even thought of throwing it. Psychic grenade sensitive AI actually didn't work for once.)

Patriot holster too so now there's a piece of that set as well though it seems a bit weird but the bonuses might be useful beyond the tri-debuff thing this has.

EDIT: Yeah it's just a AI so not really much of a thing, apparently GS515's will be something for a upcoming patch in the Dark Zone probably meaning the moment you even get out of the safe zone there's going to be a hail of grenades and long range sniper fire and whatever else and spawn camping. Massive has a ways to go before the AI can mimic actual human behavior but they're doing a good job already!

EDIT: Exploration and discovery is still top notch too, really love exploring the city and seeing what you can run across, loot is now also including these early sets even if they don't drop everywhere like in the first game hah.

Sure there's some bugs and glitches but Massive is working on update 3 and the game is still early on after release so it will be fun to see what they'll fix and expand on and add and yeah nerfs and balance changes and adjusting gear and probably World Tier 6 at some point but that's what it is.

Roll all the stats!
    Or re-roll them. :p

Now then, some more bounties await and the apparel fashion event because dressing up is a thing ha ha.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I can go take a dump in the time it takes to start the game and log in now.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  18. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Invasion missions are on a weekly rotation so you do need to wait to toggle them. That means 3 weeks for anyone who doesn't have the components.

I timed my startup yesterday from launching the game to getting into actual gameplay and ended up at 3:15....on a ssd. That is just absurdly long. It's especially bad if you wanna play in dx12 for the extra fps but crash because the game is still too unstable.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Hmm NPC's can clear checkpoints in your absence such as if you get killed right near the end, for World Tier 5 the "activities" nearby such as territorial control link into these powering up checkpoints up to lv.3 at which point you earn a blueprint for capturing the area now mostly controlled by purples and yellows, if your allies clear the checkpoint because you got downed you still get to claim the big RNG chest of meh items of sell fodder but the blue print is lost and everything has to be redone again once the allies inevitably lose control again.

There's also a accessory for claiming all checkpoints at WT1 and beyond now that they can be lost but since your allies are clumsy and within the span of just an hour multiple points will be lost and gained I have no idea how that can be accomplished. Buffing them with resources stocks more allies but they will still lose the checkpoint after some time regardless.

EDIT: Ah right these blueprints are for the remainder of the weapon mods you can't get elsewhere and then the last few should be part of a rotating set of week-long challenges.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    They are not really lost or taken, its like borrowed. And it doesnt matter really that much, since its back and forth. It only kind of sucks that if your project is brining supplies to one of them in a district and none is taken by you/r allies that you need to take control of one to be able to give the supplies for the project.

Im only taking them at level3 for a blueprint. Other than that they dont matter to me (anymore). With projects its kind of the same. I dont need that XP or one "golden" peace of gear or weapon.

Its also a long time ago now that i got a blueprint as reward for a project.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    JonasBeckman likes this.